How to complete Shadowmourne Infusion quests at level 85?

I've been having a really hard time with Blood Infusion and Frost Infusion, due entirely to the absolute stupidity of other players. I don't have enough people from my guild to help me so I have to rely on random pugs, who fail each and every single time.

Like just now we got to Blood Queen and the raid was specifically told not to DPS at the start and to DPS slowly throughout the fight, which they agreed to. But straight away everybody just nuked all-out anyway and someone else got bitten. I said "ok... just bite me next" but guess what happened? Of course he failed on the biting and got MCed, we had to kill him then we had no vampires.. so we agreed to wipe and try again, can you guess what happened next...?

I've just about had enough of spending 2-3 hours finding a group and getting saved for nothing so I'm going to try to form as small a group as possible with only people who have full achievements prior to Cataclysm to do this properly.

What I'd like very much is if anyone has any tips to help me complete this? What's the smallest group possible to clear ICC25 normal with?

You could probably kill BQ with ~8 - 10 people, as far as tips on completion, I mean there's not too much we can say that you don't already know - it just fully relies on other people not being herpaderps and stealing the bite, as well as not killing her too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you do, don't try Heroic ICC if you were considering it. You'll see how truly dumb people are, trust me. Smallest group would probably be 10-12 people max, providing they're not complete dumbasses.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-02-24 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Whatever you do, don't try Heroic ICC if you were considering it. You'll see how truly dumb people are, trust me. Smallest group would probably be 10-12 people max, providing they're not complete dumbasses.
    Sounds like you just have bad experiences.

We have a 25m group that runs every Friday night. We alternate between full heroic, full achievement, or full heroic + achievements if we know a majority of the PUGS (you'd be surprised at how many good players will join as well, especially coming for weeks on end on alts after getting the mount/mog gear on mains). We even do Heroic LK on heroic nights and don't fail.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I've just about had enough of spending 2-3 hours finding a group and getting saved for nothing so I'm going to try to form as small a group as possible with only people who have full achievements prior to Cataclysm to do this properly.

What I'd like very much is if anyone has any tips to help me complete this? What's the smallest group possible to clear ICC25 normal with?
    It doesn't matter the smallest group possible to complete the raid if you are trying to do the Shadowmourne quest chain. What matters is the smallest people possible for doing the Infusion quests. For the Blood Infusion portion of the quest, the Shadowmourne player needs to bite 3 people, which means you'll need at least 17 players in the raid (assuming the Shadowmourne player is not the first one to be bit.)

For a guildie of mine, back during T11, we 12-manned 25M Sindragosa, to get that part done (it was all he had left at the time). And that was with an avg ilevel of 353 or so across the bulk of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night I joined a ICC 25 HC run on my realm, apparently they go every saturday night. We started with about 15 people, and cleared 11/12, we took a 15 minute break, recruited 5-6 more players and then one shotted HC LK.
    We wiped once on blood queen, but that was because not everyone was on vent, they wanted certain people bitten etc etc. Second time round everyone joined vent, and it went down fine.
    Im on a EU Horde realm, but if you are too, and wanted to join X realm in order to complete your quests I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with it. They're now completing their 5th Shadowmourne, and the items from the boxes go to the regulars who go every week.. you can PM me if you want further info
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

The problem with saying minimum group needed is that it's really dependent on people with experience, gear, and ability to play their class. I've done a heroic 25 ICC with as few as 10-12 people, then struggled on Heroic Putricide with 20 because people couldn't pass the plague and tanks didn't realize they had to swap due to the debuff.

Assuming the best case, you could do it with 10 people: 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 6 dps, but everyone needs to know every mechanic and play their class well. The problem with this is that the majority of the people you'd want to take are either completely burned out of ICC, or if they're still running it, running it with their friends to get each other their Shadowmournes.

I am running 12/12 ICC25 hc run every week with pugs, it's rare that any friends or guildies decide to join up.
    I have a queue for infusion quests as so many people are interested in them. Couple first weeks Blood failed everytime, but then I started to tell the tactics more clearly, starting from what the bite is, what it does to you and what you have to do and when. Also during fight I spammed SLOW DPS in raid warning if the dps was too high (although because of it is hc, enrage timer is still pretty tough and need to slowly dps all the time) and whispered all vampires 10/30 seconds left for biting and BITE NOW.
    People are indeed very stupid if they have no idea what to do, but I believe that 95% of the players will follow the instructions if you explain them clearly enough. Same goes for Sindragosa's air phase.

I would recommend holding off till you are into the next expansion. I gave up trying to get my last infusion done simply because I have gone through what you explained in your initial post way to many times. It's too much for me.

I plan on going back at level 90 with 6 peeps and butt fucking this entire thing without the dumb fucks being there to screw it up for me. Besides I'm going to farm H ICC for the H LK mount so why not get shards at the same time.

My friends and I all have alts so if Invincible drops it will automatically go to one person while our alts are there to support each other's mains.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

Look for a raid on openraid. There are people running it for the legendary items so just say you're on the infusion part. They will help you get it.

Definitely second OpenRaid. There's runs going off constantly, or you can make your own.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

15+ Year Old Account
    Like just now we got to Blood Queen and the raid was specifically told not to DPS at the start and to DPS slowly throughout the fight, which they agreed to. But straight away everybody just nuked all-out anyway and someone else got bitten. I said "ok... just bite me next" but guess what happened? Of course he failed on the biting and got MCed, we had to kill him then we had no vampires.. so we agreed to wipe and try again, can you guess what happened next...?
    Would've just went blood presence at the start. Or stay in unholy, pop cds and chain oblits - with ERW it shouldn't be that hard to be third. If that still doesn't work ask for tricks/md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    As others mentioned openraid or even ask on trade. A guild group would be perfect because some pugs don't care that you're on your quest and might mess it up. Generally with these sort of events, pugs are very unreliable unless they come from well known guilds on your server perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathari View Post
    I would recommend holding off till you are into the next expansion. I gave up trying to get my last infusion done simply because I have gone through what you explained in your initial post way to many times. It's too much for me.

I plan on going back at level 90 with 6 peeps and butt fucking this entire thing without the dumb fucks being there to screw it up for me. Besides I'm going to farm H ICC for the H LK mount so why not get shards at the same time.

My friends and I all have alts so if Invincible drops it will automatically go to one person while our alts are there to support each other's mains.
    Frost is the easiest infusion so far. Just clear upto sindragosa with a pug or a group of friends and you should be able to get it easily.

Deleted
    have you tried to find a group through openraid.eu/us yet ?

Er... wow. I posted this back in February.

Actually I did all infusions many months ago and am halfway though collecting shards now..

Deleted
    I've been having a really hard time with Blood Infusion and Frost Infusion, due entirely to the absolute stupidity of other players. I don't have enough people from my guild to help me so I have to rely on random pugs, who fail each and every single time.

Lol did you play on Draenor by any chance? :P Because I was in a raid with a pala who asked to do the same thing.