The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

1.35v RAM@1600MHz...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233199

Is it just me, or does this RAM, have more than aesthetics appeal? Besides the fact it has a beautiful white heatsink, I get the feeling this RAM has some beastly overclocking capabilities on Sandy Bridge, perhaps at 1.5v it could get up to 1866MHz, or maybe even a bit farther?

Anyone know for sure?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll let you know when I get it, I was originally going to get the black one that's 1.5v but I felt like the white would look much better (despite being covered by the giant NH-D14).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah your newegg link is where I found these... I've been searching for them but I guess they don't make a straight up 4x4GB pack, but oh well, will likely just order two.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I kinda like the new Ares from G.Skill, granted not as unique or 1.35v but still I like them low profile ones. And they got your 4x4GB Deltrus

G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) $90
    G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) blue/different timings $145

10+ Year Old Account
    Blegh! >_<

The blue kit is overly expensive for what I need - Cas timings of 8 are not required and the orange, while optimal with everything, the color is just horrid and I could get the exact same thing with the Corsair Vengeance Blue LP so thanks for finding them but they would look terrible in my board. =S

The Vengeance White LPs are 1.35v, 9-9-9-24, and 1600MHz already, and I could clock them higher at 1.5v. :P

The blue pack is an extra $55 over 9-9-9-24 1.5v 1600MHz RAM equivalents, so it seems kind of, overpriced? :P I guess if I really needed those timings, but I don't. :P
    "A flower.

I've got a kit of the 1.35 white vengeance. Been happy with it honestly. Was thinking about picking up 2 more sticks while it's readily available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would getting the 1.35 be a terrible idea when running the black set @ 1.5v? I am terrible with voltage stuff, I could just set the white set to 1.5v couldn't I to match them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    Would getting the 1.35 be a terrible idea when running the black set @ 1.5v? I am terrible with voltage stuff, I could just set the white set to 1.5v couldn't I to match them?
    I'd be getting either the black set or 2x white set, not a mix. Mixing voltages and/or frequencies is baaaad.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd be getting either the black set or 2x white set, not a mix. Mixing voltages and/or frequencies is baaaad.
    Well I already have the black set of 8gb but it isn't enough. My case is all themed white and black ( I painted most of my parts to make it look good ) so I am considering getting the white set to offset it but am a little concerned about the voltage being a bit lower.

so I am considering getting the white set to offset it but am a little concerned about the voltage being a bit lower.
    If you are talking about completely replacing your current ramkit with the white low voltage kit, don't be concerned. Lower voltage ram rated at the same timings and same speed just achieves it through better binning. It's overvoltable up to 1.5v and can be clocked up a bit (if you're into that, personally I think it's an absolute waste of time).

If you're still thinking about mixing them, don'ttttttttttttttttt do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either get another pack of black Vengeance LPs or w.e you have, or replace with all whites. Don't mix miss-matched voltage/frequency RAM. You'd be asking for trouble.
    "A flower.

Lightbulb Memory should ONLY be added in matched tested kits anyway.

Well I already have the black set of 8gb but it isn't enough. My case is all themed white and black ( I painted most of my parts to make it look good ) so I am considering getting the white set to offset it but am a little concerned about the voltage being a bit lower.
    Hi, I know you won't like reading this, but it is what I've discovered over the years and you can ask any memory supplier also to confirm this, ANY memory added to your system should be purchased in a matched kit. Meaning, if you want 32gb total, then buy a kit which comes with either (4) 4gb sticks or (2)8gb sticks inside. Don't ever add say (2) 8gb kits together to make 32gb total, even if they are the same brand, speed and voltage, everything the same, they won't have been matched up at the factory by testing to be guaranteed to function properly together at the proper timings.
    They might apear to work initially but at certain points in time depending on various factors you could suddenly experience BSOD or other strange errors and not realize it was caused by bad memory timings and errors. Now that is the safe way to do it. I guess you could chance testing different sticks yourself using memtest for days until you are able to match up pairs yourself that can function properly together, I don't know for sure about that, seems like a lot of trouble to have to go through.

I don't see any 16gb kits available of the white 1.35v ram however, if there was, I would order 16gb myself. I only see 8gb set available.
    I hope this info helps!
    Good luck
    Andonios
    Last edited by Andonios; 2012-12-14 at 11:20 AM.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this, since it's a whole slew of months old.

Please be more careful about your necro-communicational skills!
    &nbsp;