10+ Year Old Account

Did they release if you got into beta or not?

If it hasn't already happened, when will we know if we got into the Beta?? Anticipation is killing me

Follow them on Twitter. They update it very well with basically everything that happens.

They haven't said anything yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do follow them on twitter, I will just watch out for when they post that they are releasing information. Thanks

They will most likely update on twiter when they send out invites. If you specifically have been invited you will receive an email with instructions to the account you registered with. If you recieve an email without them saying anything on twitter be very suspicious of it. Even with twitter announcing a beta event double/tripple check any links they give you to ensure they are to guildwars2.com not some phishing site. I garentee there will be scams trying to steal your info with how much intrest this game is gathering.

Who is John Galt?

I just want an email even if I don't get in because a confirmation is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellsword View Post
    I just want an email even if I don't get in because a confirmation is nice.
    Go back to the beta signup page. While signups are now closed there's a spot to enter your email to resend the comfirmation message.
    https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Who is John Galt?

Did they say if they gonna just use us to server strain test or just everything?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe they have sent beta invites yet, or even said when the beta was (it won't be this weekend though at this point, Friday is already over). ArenaNet isn't going to be stress-testing at least right now, so they just want to iron out skills and mechanics and WvWvW/PvP. I am quite disappointed that after they hit 1million, they pretty much dropped all talk of beta. I was waiting for a few hours for them to say something, even a confirmation that they started the selection process, but nothing.

I eventually just took a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Go back to the beta signup page. While signups are now closed there's a spot to enter your email to resend the comfirmation message.
    https://beta.guildwars2.com/
    I meant whether I'm in beta or not

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/#!/guildwars2

Most likely, no, nobody has been selected.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    https://twitter.com/#!/guildwars2

Most likely, no, nobody has been selected.
    I hate twitter with a fiery passion the layout kills my brain, do they post the same exact info on facebook? Guess I'll check :]

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate twitter with a fiery passion the layout kills my brain, do they post the same exact info on facebook? Guess I'll check :]
    It's not hard to see that at the very top of the page the last comment was 8 hours ago, and the last comment was "Hey, sign-ups broke 1 million!"

And nothing else has been said about the beta since.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post

I eventually just took a nap.
    LOL same here!

They said they would do beta weekend events in March/April. So, the earliest it would start would be this upcoming week. Cross your fingers.

ahh my mistake. I slightly misread your post and thought you were saying you hadnt goten your signup confirmation email.

I'd give the folks at Anet a bit of slack about not puting out more info on beta. Afterall they had just closed signups friday afternoon and had that WvW redit QnA happening. Do you really expect they had their whole crew just standing around waiting to sort the apps the moment signups closed? I figure at least give them the weekend to sift through the million+ apps before they start anouncing anything that would be relivent to us.

Who is John Galt?

I believe there was a tweet from someone on ANet saying something along the lines of "you can rest your F5s for a few days". I take this as we'll start seeing the invites pop up somewhen during next week.

Which is cool, because I'll be on break then.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you will read it in at least 25 new threads here as soon as any open beta invites are send out.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus