Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't notice the gliding in GW1 until a friend pointed it out, and I no longer notice it, and burgher me or that same friend can find the gliding in Gw2 so I think you people are just delusional or somethin....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    It does seem slightly better now based on the recent beta footage I've been watching although it's not completely gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    It does seem slightly better now based on the recent beta footage I've been watching although it's not completely gone.
    I still don't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

It's about the same as it is in Aion. If you strafe left/right your character moves a little bit with the camera not moving, then once you reach a certain point on the screen your camera starts to move to the left/right. It's kinda funky.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Are the animation problems cause you can create your character at different sizes?

I don't notice the gliding without focusing on seeing it. I'm far from picky though. Still, I wouldn't go as far as to call it shoddy.

What I do see, more often than not, is that the character's feet don't actually touch the ground. There being a gap between the character's feet and the shadow makes it more apparent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I still don't see it.
    Me either... I can see a slight "sliding" effect when turning while moving... but you have to really look for it for it to be actually noticeable. I can see how it can rub people the wrong way, but I'm not one of those people. It's cool that they have fixed some of the issue, even though it was hardly noticeable; it shows a certain level of devotion to the product and it's polish when such a minor thing is being taken into account. (Minor to some, annoying to others)
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    As someone said somewhere in this thread.
    Or in another thread.
    Or on another forum, I seriously don't remember.
    "Would you like tight controls, or to run like the running in the assassin's creed games in an MMO? Sure, it's realistic to have to stop for a second when turning, but that doesn't make it fit into an MMO."[COLOR="red"]
    And i stick by those words. You cannot combine realistic movement with free movement because realistic movement isnt free. You cannot run at full speed in one direction and instantly do a 360 without losing momentum. And since the movement isnt realistic it is inevitable that somethings will look weird.

Personally ive only seen a few horrid examples from alpha but all the recent video's i did not notice any. Altough im sure there is still some gliding and weird turning there, it does not distract from the gameplay. So i am quite pleased.

Deleted
    It's not really something that bothers me, but I do hope they will do something about it.

The gliding that is seen in some mmos is one of the first things that turn me off it. I am the kind of player that likes to get absorbed into the game world and imagine my character as a great and powerful figure, for that I need some level of immersion. Its hard to do when the models animations appear to be an afterthought. Also from the various beta videos I have seen it appears the models are an inch or 2 above the ground. Its made more obvious by the position of the shadow. It isn't attached to the feet.
    Games don't make people violent. Lag does. Release delay does. Dumb people do.
    Nostalgia is the enemy of rational thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Saisen View Post
    The gliding that is seen in some mmos is one of the first things that turn me off it. I am the kind of player that likes to get absorbed into the game world and imagine my character as a great and powerful figure, for that I need some level of immersion. Its hard to do when the models animations appear to be an afterthought. Also from the various beta videos I have seen it appears the models are an inch or 2 above the ground. Its made more obvious by the position of the shadow. It isn't attached to the feet.
    Currently that's not the case. Movement is as responsive and smooth as it is in wow (one of wow's few good features). You've either seen old videos or have a distorted view of things for some reason. You'll probably see it once the NDA has been lifted.

10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers me, i tried the first game and its how they move there too, its a minor anoyance though compared to the rest of the game.

Deleted
    Anyone who doesn't see the gliding effect is either blind or dont want to see it. If you watch this video and still claim that everything is ok than nothing will convince you.
    /watch?v=puSHdFEe7mY (watch from 2:02 just before she runs the stairs)

Still I can't put links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForRaf View Post
    Anyone who doesn't see the gliding effect is either blind or dont want to see it. If you watch this video and still claim that everything is ok than nothing will convince you.
    /watch?v=puSHdFEe7mY (watch from 2:02 just before she runs the stairs)

Still I can't put links.
    Whoa, it is glaringly obvious there, holy crap. It looks like something that the player can do on command rather than just something that happens while moving in the video though.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

It's obviously a bug that shouldn't be happening. Watch the rest of the video, when he strafes while running forward it turns his character the way it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's obviously a bug that shouldn't be happening. Watch the rest of the video, when he strafes while running forward it turns his character the way it should.
    In the same light as the "Jumping while emoting" bug then I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Whoa, it is glaringly obvious there, holy crap. It looks like something that the player can do on command rather than just something that happens while moving in the video though.
    It looks like the strafing animation doesn't have the time to start when you switch directions too fast. It looks wierd because the legs are always running in the same direction.

They need to polish that.

Yea, it definitely looks like he is strafing back and forth quickly when that happens, and I highly doubt its a bug because it is what many of us have seen in other videos. This one is just more obvious and should show the people who said there was no problem that there is, in fact a gliding effect.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The character does turn but the animation has a delay to it which makes it look like gliding. When he strafes back and forth at 2:02 he is doing it quickly and the animation doesnt have time to play before he changes direction again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    nope. i hope this will be one of the next steps of polishing in the game.
    I am almost 100% sure that this "gliding effect" will not be "fixed". This is how movement looked in GW1 and since they're using a heavily upgraded version of the same engine they used in GW1 for GW2, I doubt it will be removed. But I do agree that it looks a bit stupid.

Its possible that you might not notice it much in game. I definitely have seen what you are talking about in videos, but in what I have read (has not been too much I am afraid) I have not seen any mention of it.