Deleted

The EU Invitational - For Charity.

Right! Much like the NAO Invitational our fellow Americans hosted over the past couple weeks, us Europeans also got a player held tournament together, for which the first games of the qualifiers are starting just about now and will continue throughout the night and once again tomorrow. One important thing about this tournament is that all the money raised (be it through the ads on the stream or donations from players/people in general) will be going to charity, the goal being 20.000 dollars (raised just over 2000 already and the first game has literally just started).

You can follow the stream(s) on http://www.athenelive.com/

For Athene's perspective go here and if you want to hear Icematik and possibly Braindeadly, Blazin and Jimos commentating go here.

Note: Please try to keep the topic tidy, don't go too offtopic and try to keep most of the discussion held about the matches which I think are going to be very entertaining for whoever cares about arena and PvP in general.

Deleted
    Watching it now pretty cool to see these guys play and hear them in skype sometimes it gives a different perspective to what is happening on their side.

The games were OK. but the commentators.... athene and braindeadly should have hired somone else to do it.

I actually saw Jimos commentate some of the US games .. He was very good at it
    But i think he was drunk last night (looked like it on his stream)

I didn't hear Braindeadly commentate at all

Athene only got ½ the gamesense he used to so he pretty much can't keep up with all the things that are going on (sadly)

Icematikz on the other hand did a great job commentating imo .. And i'm pretty sure he'll be the main commentator for the rest of the tournament
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Also this was arranged in very short time (as mentioned above me) .. And it's for a GREAT course so let's al hope that they reach the 20k goal (or even more than that)

And GL to all the players

Deleted
    Sure they could've hired someone, but you still have to give these guys some credit since they even said themself that you cannot just commentate spot on the first time and they will try to improve everything for the future. But for the short amount of time they did set this up and for the purpose of charity I'd say thumbs up for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I have to agree. I was really excited when I heard that there would be a EU hosted tournament but in the end I was really disappointed. I missed the first few games so not much I can say there, but the ones I did watch were quite enjoyable.. once I muted the sound. (TSG vs RLS I think it was)

I think they did a rather good job otherwise. They threw the tournament together in a short amount of time and it's for a good cause. There are some other things that annoyed me (such as the cameraman positioning) but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Commentators really need to improve though.
    I agree, although I never had very high expectations seeing as I was always aware of the fact it was something they threw together very quickly - it was literally thought up and done like a week later, which in my opinion is really quite impressive.

I've even made a pretty big post on AJ regarding one of the commentator's actions and mentality and how sad it is to have people act like cunts during an event held not only for the people's amusement but for also for charity. Regardless, and also as I said in the aforementioned post, I commend Icematik's effort and even though there's clearly much room for improvement, he'll easily be a great commentator in the future - the random shouting (from Athene, also) and general fuck-about on skype could also be toned down slightly but some of it was actually quite funny and entertaining; the other people, well, I'm pretty sure I and everyone else could do without them (and I'm confident Braindeadly would also be great, shame he's busy sorting teams the teams and parties etc.).

The games were entertaining, even more so if you take into account the fact these are the first qualifiers and they even had a couple teams step down so they had to bring in people that were less known (which doesn't necessarily mean they were worse), certain members not feeling well and having to be replaced, etc. Far as the camera placement and "technical problems" in general go, I'm pretty sure that's been taken care of already and am hoping it'll show in tonight's games already.

got to say that athene and icematikx is better today than they were yesterday.

Deleted
    ddos ruining everything again. They should think about some rules considering that (like not using Skype and if they do it's their own risk), those disconnect rules simply don't protect them enough from it.

edit: and spectator ui isn't working well, it's really hard to follow those games with only one teamframe shown, Icematix disconnecting and Athene having some pc problems on his own struggling with semi professional commentating.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2012-02-25 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Really dissapointed with the commentators though :/ Shouldn't act like this when it's for charity