Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Italian Localization, Insane in the Membrane Statistics, Blue Posts, Blizzard Art

Diablo 3 - Skill Calculator and Diablo III In-Development -- Class Skills

Italian Version of World of Warcraft is Coming to Europe
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We have exciting news for our many Italian players: you will soon be able to play WoW in your native language!

Existing players will be able to download a free language pack to experience the game in Italian when it launches later this year.

Gamers in Europe will also be able to purchase fully localized versions of World of Warcraft (which now includes its first expansion, The Burning Crusade) and its three following expansions, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and the upcoming Mists of Pandaria.

The games will be available for purchase at retail and digitally through your Battle.net account.

Of course, the official World of Warcraft website and forums will be offered in Italian, and we’ll also be opening up Italian realms!

Stay tuned for more information on a release date in the coming months.

A few years ago we noted that Blizzard was hiring for Italian and Polish positions. There was finally an announcement today regarding the upcoming Italian localization of the game!

This time around Blizzard has added more Polish speaking positions on their employment page. They were also hiring for Turkish speaking positions in the past, though all of those appear to have been filled now. There is a possibility that we will see a Turkish localization in the future, but keep in mind that it took years from the first Italian postings for us to see the localization.

The Battle.net Mobile Authenticator was updated was updated recently to add Italian and Polish support. This points to a strong possibility for a Polish localization in the future. However, it is possible they are localizing things other than World of Warcraft, so don't get your hopes up yet!

Keep in mind that has been no official announcement about any other localizations and the job postings don't mean that other localizations will happen anytime soon, if at all.

Statistics: Insane in the Membrane
    Today we take a look at the rate at which people are completing Insane in the Membrane! The sample size was ~5.6 million level 85 characters with a total of ~11,000 that have the achievement.

Departing from the way we normally graph the numbers, this graph shows the number of new achievements earned each week, not the total. You can see the big spikes recently caused by the new Darkmoon Faire have boosted the number of people with the achievement. Previously the faire coming to town would cause much smaller spikes.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Resilience In Mists of Pandaria
    Just as a heads up for you all, Ghostcrawler is currently in the process of writing up a blog that will include some information pertaining to the changes that are on their way in Mists of Pandaria for stats, Resilience included. I would recommend keeping your eyes on our blog over the coming weeks to catch a glimpse of what is to come. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard Art
    Blizzard has added five more pieces to the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Art galleries.

Free to Play MMO Survey
    What do you think of free-to-play MMOs? Curse is interested in your opinion! Spend a moment taking our survey and let us know what you think!

Last edited by chaud; 2012-02-25 at 06:01 AM.

Interesting graph on the achievement would love to see more of these =D

Quote Originally Posted by Hanas View Post
    Interesting graph on the achievement would love to see more of these =D
    Feel free to suggest away! If they are possible and relevant we will eventually post them.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-02-25 at 06:05 AM.

I wonder if any of the blizz programmer geeks were of age when this song hit the charts

Really awesome to see Blizz expanding them game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Deathwing sounds like a fucking badass in that Italian trailer.

Of those 5 artworks, 4 of them are loading screens, but what is with that first one? A dungeon that was not to be perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Feel free to suggest away! If they are possible and relevant we will eventually post them.
    It would be really cool to see a comparison of the Rogue Daggers vs the Caster Staff in terms of quickness of completion and how many of them have been obtained over X time period. Also it would be nice to see a graph of people with over 100 mounts/companions or silly stuff like that. Those are the first things that came to mind =D

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Of those 5 artworks, 4 of them are loading screens, but what is with that first one? A dungeon that was not to be perhaps?
    ultraxion Twilight realm i think
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

i'm going to guess but i think the new darkmoon fair helped people alot to get insane ach.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Wow. Deathwing sounds like a fucking badass in that Italian trailer.
    it all sounds badass D:

Insane should be renamed. This is just a nerfed version, that's not worthy of it's name.

Does this mean more subs incoming im confused?

Dolore ... Tormento ... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Deleted
    good things for hakkar and crushridge server( 90% italians there) they finally got what they wanted for so long...Deathwing voice is too silly and i dont want start to cry when i hear new illidan and tirion voice (some of the best voice in the game) such a shame just like italy use to do with actor voice in movies.....happy for them but ill stick with english server...btw im italian :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That achievements been nerfed so much since I finished it. No shendra'lar, dailies for DMF... Yeah I'm bitchin'. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raediance View Post
    That achievements been nerfed so much since I finished it. No shendra'lar, dailies for DMF... Yeah I'm bitchin'. :P
    Yeah, i'm right there with you. I don't QQ often, but, i never worked on anything as hard as i did that achievement, and then my friend goes...yay, i'm honored with DMF...i finished my whack a gnoll quest!...le sigh

WTF i want to fight the Italian Deathwing!

The Italian Deathwing fights with marinara sauce and his hips.

Huge spikes in between last-tier-of-expansions. Not really surprised, and as stated above, it's exponentially easier now than it was previously. Either way, it's a cool achievement that gets people out of Orgrimmar, grats to the newest (semi)no-lifers!