Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Endus' Elemental Auras v2.0

Time for round 2!

Endus' Elemental Auras, a complete Elemental Shaman PvE tracking package

Download Here!

These auras are a pre-packaged version of WeakAuras 1.4.5, complete with auras set up for everything an Elemental shaman needs to be aware of, in a small but info-rich package. Any comments or questions about WeakAuras itself is best directed at their site here (click me!), and all credit for the addon is theirs. Any updates to WeakAuras can be freely installed over the version here, it should have no effect on the functionality of these auras, and it's recommended that you update your addons regularly; I include a base package here just so you don't need to go hunting just to get it to work. I have also included SharedMedia and SharedMediaAdditionalFonts for extra customization options.

Screenshots are to the right, but don't really do it justice, since everything is animated. I'll try and grab some in-game footage in the near future if I can and provide a link.

What this package is:
    • Everything you need to effectively manage an Elemental Shaman's abilities
    • Relatively small in screen real estate, so it doesn't obscure your view or require you to look all over your screen for various trackers
    • Similar to the default Blizzard auras for spell tracking, for Lava Burst warnings
    • Includes a text file to import just the aura for existing WeakAuras users; if you already have WeakAuras with auras set up for other classes, you'll need to import these manually as the package would overwrite your entire aura list with just these included auras
    What this package is NOT:
    • A full shaman package. It does not currently include effects for either Resto or Enhancement, though some of them could easily be used for either with a few tweaks. I may get around to adding those, I may not.
    • A full and complete tracking package. It deals only with specifically Elemental ability cooldowns. It does not include tracking for trinkets, profession abilities, or racials, or any other non-Elemental effects. These can be added by anyone who needs them, however; WeakAuras is fairly easy to edit, and you can use the existing auras as templates.
    How To Install
    If you do not have WeakAuras installed:

Step 1> Open the WTF folder in the package, open Account, replace "ACCOUNTNAME" with your own account name (whatever it was prior to your battle.net e-mail, check your own WTF if you need to)

Step 3> Move back out to the main EEA folder.

Step 5> Copy both the WTF and the Interface folders into your main WoW directory.

If you already have WeakAuras installed, do not install using the full package. It will overwrite your WeakAuras.lua in your SavedVariables, deleting all your existing auras. Instead;

Step 1> Open the "EEA Import File", copy the entire text block under an aura group's name

Step 2> Load up WoW, enter the game on your shaman, type /wa to bring up the configuration window.

Step 3> Click "New", and then "import", paste things over, and click "done"

Step 4> Repeat for each additional aura
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-02-27 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Elemental Auras Description

You can see from the screenshot pretty much everything that the addon tracks;

• Lava Burst cooldown
    • Flame Shock duration
    • Shared Shock cooldown
    • Fire Totem duration
    • Fire Elemental Totem cooldown remaining
    • Lava Surge (two places, both as a HUD-style aura and on top of the Lava Burst bar)
    • Elemental Mastery
    • Fulmination (when you hit green, you're at 7+ stacks and good to fire)

What it ALSO tracks that you can't see because I didn't have it popped up for the screenshot;

• Warnings for when Lightning Shield or Flametongue Weapon aren't active
    • Aura for when Heroism is active

And everything in there is animated. Some are simple animations; all the bars you see are progress bars (which is the main reason for the switch to WeakAuras). The Fulmination tracker is a bit more complicated animation-wise, but in practice is easy to read at a glance; the animations actually help in that regard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just tested it and it looks and feels damn good Endus. I like the Fulmination better than the lighter electric bolt from your old powa auras setup because it's easier to see.

Deleted
    awesome work endus, I'll totally use these, thanks

Nice work. Off to testing area! Thank you kind sir.

Deleted
    Very nice package.

Unfortunately it took me as a user of the German client a bit of time to figure out what went wrong during installation.
    When you are using a different client, be sure that the spell names are correct.
    Some English spell names were automatically converted to German and worked however nearly half of the spell names were not.
    Therefore those Auras didnt work at the beginning.

Now everything is working as intended after cleaning up the mess with the spell names.
    I rearranged the auras a bit and added sound warnings for LvB and Fulmination.

A little training and I think this will be a update from my own Power Aura setup, Thanks!

Everything working smoothly. It even Inspired me to reedo my whole UI.
    Thanks again Mr. Endus.

Nice work, but is there a possibility to disable these if you switch to 2nd spec?

It's very nice for instances but at PvP it's not very practical.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks pretty sweet. Do you mind if I modify this for warlock monitoring? This looks pretty compact, light, and small screen real estate wise.
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    Very nice package.

Unfortunately it took me as a user of the German client a bit of time to figure out what went wrong during installation.
    When you are using a different client, be sure that the spell names are correct.
    Some English spell names were automatically converted to German and worked however nearly half of the spell names were not.
    Therefore those Auras didnt work at the beginning.

Now everything is working as intended after cleaning up the mess with the spell names.
    I rearranged the auras a bit and added sound warnings for LvB and Fulmination.

A little training and I think this will be a update from my own Power Aura setup, Thanks!
    If I get around to an update in the near future, I'll try and convert the triggers over to Spell IDs rather than names, since I think that gets around the localization issue.

For anyone else on a non-English client, what you need to switch is in the "trigger" tab. Anywhere I used a spell, replace the English name with the name for that ability in your client.

The only things to watch out for;
    1> the Heroism tracker also tracks Time Warp and Ancient Hysteria; make sure you update those too so you can see it when the mage pops Time Warp.
    2> The "Elemental Mastery CD" aura uses two triggers; one for the bar progress, another to ensure it doesn't pop up if EM is active. Make sure you change both to your localization's name for Elemental Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Nice work, but is there a possibility to disable these if you switch to 2nd spec?

It's very nice for instances but at PvP it's not very practical.
    The "load" tab for auras is what you're looking for. There are a LOT of options in there for activation. You should be able to set it on the "group" auras to affect all the auras under them, but you'll need to toggle this for each group. They're all currently set to "shaman" and "first tree", so they only activate if you're an Elemental spec ("first tree" means first on the spec choice page, not Spec 1 or Spec 2, in this case). If you want to only see them in PvE, you can go down to "Instance Type" and flag them to only show for 5-mans and raids (click the tick box a second time to activate multiple options; the first is a single choice).

Power Auras has a "spec 1/Spec 2" flag, but I actually prefer WeakAuras system; I had to set the auras for Spec 1 in my old package, and you had to manually change them all if Elemental was your second spec. With WeakAuras, once you get the options set, it doesn't matter which spec is which; it adjusts itself.

Quote Originally Posted by minro View Post
    This looks pretty sweet. Do you mind if I modify this for warlock monitoring? This looks pretty compact, light, and small screen real estate wise.
    Go nuts. I started this project since I had some people asking about auras, and I have a different aesthetic than the other packages out there, but the auras themselves are intended as a starting point. They're fully functional, but they're explicitly "my" auras, in that I set them up for my own spec and my own preferences. If you like some of the ideas, feel free to reuse them in your own setups, or tweak them however you like.

I actually came up with a few of the ideas I incorporated here when I was slapping together some auras for my own warlock, as a matter of fact.

If someone is interested (I was, since I play horde) - the path to Bloodlust effect that appears over player's head is not found when you browse for effects.

You need to manually type "SPELLS/Bloodlust_player_state_head.m2" into model path.
    Last edited by Shauren; 2012-02-25 at 07:41 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great auras, but I was wondering if there was an easy way to move everything as a group to a slighty different position. I've tried just dragging them, but they're locked in place and I can't figure out how to unlock them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyZee View Post
    Great auras, but I was wondering if there was an easy way to move everything as a group to a slighty different position. I've tried just dragging them, but they're locked in place and I can't figure out how to unlock them.
    That seems to be due to that group having multiple types of auras in it. A few of the groups don't, and I'm able to drag them around.

You can scroll down in the Display tab, near the bottom there's an X/Y coordinate tool. You can use that, even on a whole group that won't drag, to move the group as a whole.

Great work Endus, I've been using totemtimer since the beginning of 4.3 but your auras are exactly what I was looking for !

I have a question though, sometimes when LvB refreshes via Lava Surge, the trigger display (the 2 fiery arcs) does not disappear after I successfully cast LvB and only disappears after an other refresh or when it goes off cooldown normally. This happened with totemtimer too, do you have any idea what is causing this ?

10+ Year Old Account
    That aura isn't set to turn off when you cast LvB, it's on a hard timer. I imagine the Totemtimers one is the same. It not vanishing immediately on an LvB cast is normal behaviour, unless you mean it's staying up longer than the duration it's set to (I think that's about a second, but I'd need to log in to check to be sure).

It's not meant to be a "Cast LvB now" aura, but a "Lava Surge just triggered" aura.

Okay that explains why it doesn't fade after the cast but I believe I've seen it stay for 3/4 seconds, I'll try to reproduce this tonight and will come back to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loooove these. Really clean look with excellent visuals. I deleted all my old power auras and switched to WeakAuras now.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Just used this for testing and on Ultraxion 10 tonight and really really liked it.

Excellent work mate, please keep it up!
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a screeny of it with my UI, btw:

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Deleted
    I like the style you chose, however I am so used to horizontal bars (especially as my cast bar is horizontal) I had a hard time adjusting. Looking at a LB cast bar going from left to right and at the same time looking at vertical bars whether I should refresh FS or cast LvB next would need some adjustment I can not afford today (Ultraxion HC progress yay). But I already reduced my dependency on TotemTimers a lot, and finally was able to switch PowerAuras off. So thanks a lot Endus for a great base for further experimentation ;-)