Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Man Pushes 23-year-old Woman On To Train Tracks

Police are calling for witnesses after footage was released of a man shoving a woman onto the tracks at a London train station.

The 23-year-old victim had a brief conversation with the man on the evening of September 16, 2011 at North Leicester train station but it turned violent after she made a comment about his hat, Daily Mail reports. The man is seen in the footage suddenly shoving her onto the train tracks, as bystanders rush to restrain him and pull her to safety.

The woman suffered a severe wound to her side and narrowly missed falling on a live rail that would have electrocuted her. She managed to climb back onto the platform with the help of bystanders before the next train reached the platform.

The footage has now been re-released by the British Transport Police after it went to air in the UK on Monday night as part of a BBC documentary about the dangers faced by rail commuters and workers. The BBC was filming footage for the documentary at the London station when the incident occurred.

"This was a dangerous and reckless act which could have had grave consequences had a Tube train been approaching," BTP Detective Sergeant Fin Egan told the Telegraph. "The platform was busy at that time on Friday night and I am appealing for anyone who recognises the man in the images or who witnessed the incident to get in contact."

Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/842...-track-pushing

Deleted
    That guy in the blue shorts took him down like a boss. <3

"Your hat is gay"?

Deleted
    You are telling me that the guy got away with ammount of cameras and cops everywhere at London stations? WTF?

btw. I am amazed how often are trains delayed in London due to "person on track" or "person under the train". Are people really just dumb and falling in or are they suiciding that often.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that guy in the blue shorts is a boss.

How could the damn lady in the zebra skirt be COMPLETELY passive about all of it? how could someone act like nothing happened? i mean jesus...you might of just witnessed a MURDER!

Quote Originally Posted by peacegloom View Post
    How could the damn lady in the zebra skirt be COMPLETELY passive about all of it? how could someone act like nothing happened? i mean jesus...you might of just witnessed a MURDER!
    She's probably in shock.
    Or on some heavy medication/drugs.
    Or just plain detached from society. I know I am.

On a related note:
    "might have" or "might've" but "might of"?! /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Gondir View Post
    On a related note:
    "might have" or "might've" but "might of"?! /facepalm
    That's the way it's said in some english speaking countries. It's slang.

Deleted
    But like how bad must an insult be for you to PUSH someone on to train tracks?

This guy is way too sensitive or just messed up.

He definitely shouldn't come on MMO-Champion if he's that sensitive to insults, or even the internet for that matter. Lmao

Deleted
    What a fucking idiot. He can be glad i wasnt there. i would smash his teeth in his feets. jeesh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    What a fucking idiot. He can be glad i wasnt there. i would smash his teeth in his feets. jeesh.
    As much as I want to say that I'd be all superman and brave in this situation, I'm not really sure I would. I mean the guy in the blue shorts just instantly took him down without thinking, such a badass.

It would probably take me a minute of thinking 'wtf' and assessing the situation before I go all Leeroy Jenkins.

Oh my God.
    Those old stations always used to terrify me because of their narrow platforms. After seeing this, I think I will avoid the tube altogether D:
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    Oh my God.
    Those old stations always used to terrify me because of their narrow platforms. After seeing this, I think I will avoid the tube altogether D:
    Always walk close to the wall and be ready to be pushed/attacked lol.

The danger goes down quite a bit if you are aware of your surroundings. If you are standing at the edge of the platform with headphones on while also texting then...yeah......if you get pushed, you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    As much as I want to say that I'd be all superman and brave in this situation, I'm not really sure I would. I mean the guy in the blue shorts just instantly took him down without thinking, such a badass.

It would probably take me a minute of thinking 'wtf' and assessing the situation before I go all Leeroy Jenkins.
    Maybe one more insult towards his hat will make him fall unto the ground and assume fetal position. No need to get physical with some people.

What a despicable animal. Glad to see she's going to be okay.

I just can't get the story to add up with the video clip.

The man with the hat (who's not wearing a hat?), points at the victim from a distance, pokes the near-by guy in the orange vest and says something to him.

He then proceeds to move straight towards her, in possible intent of pushing her onto the rails.

The woman doesn't appear to even stop to acknowledge that something is about to happen. Her head isn't turned towards the man with the hat, shortly followed by her flying off onto the rails.

Whatever happened here, it started when the victim was over three meters away from the man with the hat, when the two parties were clearly not in communication with each other. Also, the guy in the blue shorts appear to already be on the move before the man with the hat attempts to push the woman.

- That, or there is missing footage from an earlier event.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-02-25 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Maybe one more insult towards his hat will make him fall unto the ground and assume fetal position. No need to get physical with some people.
    Yeah, he must have some pretty low self-esteem to take it that badly. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    <snip>
    They talked prior. I think he then went away somewhere and steamed for a while, took off his hat, then came back for revenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safalatka View Post
    You are telling me that the guy got away with ammount of cameras and cops everywhere at London stations? WTF?

btw. I am amazed how often are trains delayed in London due to "person on track" or "person under the train". Are people really just dumb and falling in or are they suiciding that often.
    People do commit suicide that often, unfortunately. Just pulling up some statistics there were an average of 80 suicides a year on the tube in 2011.
    Last edited by mmocd5adff39f2; 2012-02-25 at 11:50 AM.

They should have pushed him onto the tracks when the train came for being such a derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    That's the way it's said in some english speaking countries. It's slang.
    There's a difference between written and spoken language. You can't write it like that, or you can, but that doesn't make it any more correct, it's just annoying to look at.