Got scammed from buying something online, what can I do?

So I bought a shirt from a so called "affliction" store well I didn't really pay attention because I bought shirts a lot in the past from different stores online and it was always fine. But this one time the retailer sent me a completely different shirt and I can tell its a copy and it also doesn't even come close to looking like what I asked, different design and stuff.

So i emailed the store, the guy own a gmail address and no phone number, lol and pretend to reply in 24hour, it has been almost a week now.

Anything I can do to get my money back or something?

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    sounds like you made a purchase from a scam artist.. I'd cancel whatever card you used to make that purchase..

and in the future.. be more careful.. chances are the email is bogus anyway..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Not entirely sure on this but you might be able to bring it to court I have seen a similar incident happen

Yeah most likely a scammer of some sort...I remember a few years back my good friend bought his girlfriend a hoodie which he thought was "miami hurricanes" It turned out the dude doing the knock offs couldnt spell and her hoodie wound up saying "MIAMI HURRICANS" Pretty funny you know her-cans but still theese scammers shouldnt be making money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    So I bought a shirt from a so called "affliction" store well I didn't really pay attention because I bought shirts a lot in the past from different stores online and it was always fine. But this one time the retailer sent me a completely different shirt and I can tell its a copy and it also doesn't even come close to looking like what I asked, different design and stuff.

So i emailed the store, the guy own a gmail address and no phone number, lol and pretend to reply in 24hour, it has been almost a week now.

Anything I can do to get my money back or something?
    I bolded and italicized the part where you went wrong. Only total douchebags where Affliction gear.

~ Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-03-01 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend contacting some sort of authority source and get something rolling. Provide any and all information you can. I saw that episode of Judge Judy that Zehir posted about the scammer getting rocked in court. You can get some serious cash from that crap, just don't take it laying down.

Look who your local attorney general is. Most have an office site where you can file scam complaints like this. Im not going to gurantee it will get selected for a case but most do have a consumer protection section they can pass it off too.

Your other option is to file a consumer protection complaint directly with the FTC. This can be found here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

They will give you a ticket number and will investigate however I warn you it can take quite a while with the millions of complaints that are made everyday.

Hope that helps.

I live in canada, i believe the seller is from us but he doesn't state it.

If you paid with credit card, contact your bank / the card issuer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dispute the charge with your credit card company as your first step. Then I'd recommend the above steps of contacting the FTC, etc. You could even try to find out who is hosting the website and contact them to see if you can get the site shut down.

The biggest issue you are likely to face is that if they are not is the same country you are in, the odds of successfully bringing them to trial are very small. And if you just bought a shirt for $20-30 it is probably not really worth bringing to court as you can probably get your money back by disputing the charge on the credit card.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I never -ever- trust a store using a free e-mail adres.

But you didn't REALLY get scammed, it might just turn out he made a mistake and contact you soon enough.
    As long as you didn't overpay for the shirt, at least you got something out of it.

If you do believe you got scammed and you used a CC to pay for it, you might wanna keep a close eye on your bills.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

If it's been a week i wouldn't expect much. As stated, dispute the charge with your credit card company. If the website is still up, take pictures/screenshots of the page that shows the item(s) you purchased and the account order history if it has that feature. Print them out and keep them for future use.

Also, not sure if i read you right or not but if you do live in canada, check out this page http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams-fraudes/index-eng.htm
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Might want to reconsider changing your credit card information too