Poll: What do you think of the idea?

Deleted

Lightbulb Companions teaching each other

Hi,

Someone suggested in another thread that it would be cool if any companion could have any role. Now, whilst at the base of it that's what I'm suggesting here as well, I don't think it should be quite that straightforward.

Rather, I'm thinking of a system where the companions could begin to teach their "trade" to one another. There could be a bar that goes up to 10000, much like alignment or affection, which you could then raise through, for example, missions. It would become yet another sub "game" we could spend time and resources on.

It should be hard enough not to be too good of a feature, but it should also reward you in the end by allowing you to use any companion you want in the role you want.

The companions could learn new abilities one by one as the bar goes up, and not all of them at once. Also, when they learn these abilities, they could either get them as new abilities OR every new ability would replace a certain different ability, so as not to make them too powerful. Still, it might be fun if a companion knew some of the tanking abilities and some of the healing abilities, or healing and DPS, and so on.

So how about it people, would this sort of a small sub game be fun? Would it be way too good, or could it be tuned to be just perfect?

I'll add a simple (anonymous) poll as well, just to see what people think, and if this isn't a completely stupid idea, I'll go post it on the official forums at some point.

I think this is a great idea, actually. I don't play anymore, so take my input with a grain of salt. But my BH only used Mako because the other ones just got themselves killed. It would have been nice to change it up and use Torian as my healer.

Or, just acquire new companion abilities through some kind of system, and then have a library that you train them from in whatever fashion you want.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    With the right implementation this could be a great idea. Allow you to keep your favorite companion character out with ya on your adventure and just change their class role/gear depending on what you want alone.

Deleted
    that would be great. I usually match roles with personalities. I can't see the bloodthirsty Jaesa Willsam healing me or the cunning Quinn to tank. It would be good if they made 3 tree for all companions. One dps, one healing and one tanking. When you get a companion they already have some points to a tree. That way Quinn will always be the best healer but that would allowed Broonmark to heal. Something like the companions in Dragon's Age Origins if you have played the game