Poll: Are You a "Founder"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Was i the only one that tought of the founders from deep space 9 when reading the thread title?

OT: I guess i am free month passed so should have it now.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-02-26 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have the Founder title, yes. To me, it means nothing more than just a vanity thing.

Deleted
    Yes i'm a founder, but i cancelled my sub. And like 10-15 ppl from my guild cancelled too.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylwin View Post
    Until March 18th? It's february?

They had to buy the game and be billed for 1 month. You don't get billed untill your free month is done. Meaning you had to buy the game before feb 19th to get the title
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the title... I haven't logged in for a while though and the last time I did was when I got the title. Not sure if I will cancel yet, but it's not looking good.

I have it and I think its lame, they should have made a cooler one.
    i think its so bad, that even IF this game is till around in 5 or 8 years and IF i happen to play it then, I probably wouldnt use is.

being a founder is just not cool enough.

I am a founder.

I look at the title with fondness, knowing that in a few years it will actually mean something in game. I haven't even used it yet though in game because I don't think it goes well with my name. Also, I do enjoy the recognition from Bioware that I was one of the players that helped make their MMO a success.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Mylwin View Post
    Until March 18th? It's february?
    Yes, its February. And anyone paying for a subscription right now will be a Founder. After March 18th, they won't be. There are constantly new people buying the game, and there are constantly people unsubbing. Such is the nature of online play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its possible to buy a timecard and add it to your account now. It should give you the rest of your free month and the founder's title.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Speaking of, I can't wait until I receive my Darth title. I realize everyone has it in game but I'm a big fan of the expanded universe and attaining the title Darth isn't an easy accomplishment.
    I was pretty damn excited when I got it. Kind of threw me a curve ball too because the Darth name I got was the same as my actual character's name. I was like "sayyyyy whaaaaat???"

Edit: For clarification, that sig there has nothing to do with my actual character's name. I am just far too lazy to change it.
    Last edited by Jaronicity; 2012-02-27 at 07:58 PM.

I have it, but I'm not bothering to use it. I probably won't even use it when it becomes 'special'. Master is just plain better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with an active sub should have it. That said it is meaningless to me as I'm just waiting on prepaid time to run out. I've been on those forums since 08, I played in he beta, I actively pushed the game. I don't play it much now, and no I won't renew. It was just a huge let down. Now you might say "well, didn't you see that in the Beta". I will reply that yes, but I posted problems on the forums. I submitted tickets. Here we are almost 3 months after release and still the same problems.

Some of those problems are far more obvious now. 40 people on republic fleet Monday afternoon on one of the most populated servers (shadow hand), really? That isn't even the worst of the problems.

-The launcher has been broken since beta. There was a guy named falconevo who was hosting files to help people. He was putting in his own time/money to help others. BW made him take down the files. Not EA, BW. That was just a slap in the face to the community. Sure there aren't many complaining about it now, because most of them quit. No, they didn't get it "fixed", they flat out quit. Why pay for a game that you can't even play.

-The worlds feel dead. This isn't just that there are very few playing. They feel flat out dead. Even on my first play through (and I've done several) I noticed this. By the time you are done with a world you are sitting there hoping it ends soon. Taris ring a bell? They have good story lines, but design just crushed it.

-Horrible bugs. Don't even give me that tired line of "next patch". I've been waiting since beta for some of these bugs to be fixed. They are just being flat out ignored. Jk getting stuck in infinite loops, getting stuck trying to jump over a 2 foot tall garbage can, getting knocked into walls, abilities activate but don't work, I could keep on but what's the point.

-The horrible engine. At what point did lazy design become the norm at bw. I find myself saying on vent "is this really the same company that did all of the games I loved so much in the past?" I can run Skyrim on the highest settings 1920x1080, I can run rift with everything on/high, yet with ToR I'm lucky if I can run it at medium at 1680x1050 and still have over 10fps. Yes clearly it's my computer that is causing the problem.

I could keep on, and anyone here that has played could keep on. There are just so many problems. Everything from the crafting system being broken, to quest logs filling up with quests you can't abandon and can't be completed because they are bugged.

Now please before you assume I'm one of those that just hates the game, get over it. I've defended this game, and I've really tried to love it. My guild switched over to ToR. Now every single day someone mentions going back to WoW. I was the last one that even played on a regular basis. The others flat out quit, or they only play a few hours once a week if I'm doing something.

I know I went on a bit more than your initial question, sorry for getting off topic but I think that I answered the question pretty well.
    infracted because my signature was 69 pixels too high, awww look the cry baby QQ paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    I know I went on a bit more than your initial question, sorry for getting off topic but I think that I answered the question pretty well.
    No problem. Lemme address some of your points, tho, if i may.

The launcher--are you referring to not being able to click a link on the UI screen? or rather, when you do, it doesn't pull up the right, or even a functional, web-page? if not, i'm ignorant to what the original problem is/was, as i haven't had really any issues 'side the one i mentioned.

The World--honestly, my experience has been more populated than my experience in WoW, as far as leveling goes. not to mention, the random NPC's are a nice touch. but i think the expansive, vast open world areas may be souring your disposition, as some players have expressed a sort of disconnect because of how large it is. i don't necessarily agree--unless it's belsavis. lol

The Engine and Bugs--technically speaking, i can't say shit because i really don't know what it takes to make this kind of stuff, but there are a ton of bugs in the game. but, again I can only draw from my experience, i haven't really felt any game crippling bugs, beyond some rendering, animation or sequencing glitches--to me this stuff will get ironed out because i feel, now that they have an idea on how much money this John Deere can farm, they'll be more likely to want to KEEP that number, if ever only to improve it. as far as the engine goes, again, not technically literate as to make an assumption one way or another, but my 550ti, i3 rig runs it at 13xx X 7xx with everything on max and AA on 4x juuust fine. so to me, the engine doesn't bother me too much, but that's totally an opinion.

i understand your frustration, but more or less, the points mentioned are debatable and seemingly anecdotal. i mean, honestly, there are game crippling bugs in Skyrim that will FORCE me to start a save file over (same thing happened sometimes in oblivion) so it kind of feels like you're saying you "love cheese, but only when it's melted". it's odd logic, is all.

i say this: take some time off, don't resub, and wait for 6-12 months to see how the landscape progresses. or perhaps stop playing MMO's or vid games altogether, for at least a week--this helps me ALL THE TIME to reinvigorate my love for a game (lol that is, if you had any to begin with :P) not tryin to pick apart your feelings, but i just wanted to give a counter to your ideas, to maybe see if you can glean better knowledge of yourself or the situation.

comin from a place <3
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Anyone with an active sub should have it. That said it is meaningless to me as I'm just waiting on prepaid time to run out. I've been on those forums since 08, I played in he beta, I actively pushed the game. I don't play it much now, and no I won't renew. It was just a huge let down. Now you might say "well, didn't you see that in the Beta". I will reply that yes, but I posted problems on the forums. I submitted tickets. Here we are almost 3 months after release and still the same problems.

Some of those problems are far more obvious now. 40 people on republic fleet Monday afternoon on one of the most populated servers (shadow hand), really? That isn't even the worst of the problems.

-The launcher has been broken since beta. There was a guy named falconevo who was hosting files to help people. He was putting in his own time/money to help others. BW made him take down the files. Not EA, BW. That was just a slap in the face to the community. Sure there aren't many complaining about it now, because most of them quit. No, they didn't get it "fixed", they flat out quit. Why pay for a game that you can't even play.

-The worlds feel dead. This isn't just that there are very few playing. They feel flat out dead. Even on my first play through (and I've done several) I noticed this. By the time you are done with a world you are sitting there hoping it ends soon. Taris ring a bell? They have good story lines, but design just crushed it.

-Horrible bugs. Don't even give me that tired line of "next patch". I've been waiting since beta for some of these bugs to be fixed. They are just being flat out ignored. Jk getting stuck in infinite loops, getting stuck trying to jump over a 2 foot tall garbage can, getting knocked into walls, abilities activate but don't work, I could keep on but what's the point.

-The horrible engine. At what point did lazy design become the norm at bw. I find myself saying on vent "is this really the same company that did all of the games I loved so much in the past?" I can run Skyrim on the highest settings 1920x1080, I can run rift with everything on/high, yet with ToR I'm lucky if I can run it at medium at 1680x1050 and still have over 10fps. Yes clearly it's my computer that is causing the problem.

I could keep on, and anyone here that has played could keep on. There are just so many problems. Everything from the crafting system being broken, to quest logs filling up with quests you can't abandon and can't be completed because they are bugged.

Now please before you assume I'm one of those that just hates the game, get over it. I've defended this game, and I've really tried to love it. My guild switched over to ToR. Now every single day someone mentions going back to WoW. I was the last one that even played on a regular basis. The others flat out quit, or they only play a few hours once a week if I'm doing something.

Over 300 ppl on emp fleet on space slug last night.

Dont let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    not tryin to pick apart your feelings, but i just wanted to give a counter to your ideas, to maybe see if you can glean better knowledge of yourself or the situation.

comin from a place <3
    I wouldn't get mad about that. I fully realize that most of my post is based on my own experience, and feelings about the game. Feel free to post how you feel about it. I wouldn't get mad, and honestly if someone does it means they are just posting from anger. I hope that you are right, and I hope that they improve the game. My hope has kind of run out when I notice bugs that were reported literally months before launch still in the game.

I would like to clarify the launcher problem. There are two major problems with it, and yes they seem to be rare. Consider yourself lucky not to have encountered them because they are very frustrating.

The first is that the game sometimes corrupts it's own data. This is different than the one where their cdn sometimes distributes corrupted data. That is irritating, but when the launcher corrupts the data it goes into a cycle of download, the repair, then download, repair over and over and over.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=272

That is a link to their supposed fix for it, though it has been shown repeatedly that it is not generally the users computer causing the issue. BW even suggested getting the files from someone else that plays because after they get the files they run. Falconevo was updating and then putting the updated files available for people so that they could patch manually. Once they made him remove the files though.
    http://falconevo-blog.no-ip.org/

That's his blog if you want to take a look at it. Really that was the first big problem I had. Telling a member of the community to stop trying to help when they were already being ignored. It felt wrong on many levels.

If you want here is his post that explains the first problem.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=95211

You have kind of pointed out the problem with the fps/engine issues though. I've got 8 gigs of ram, and I'm using a gtx560 running at 44c (upped fan speed). Yet still I'm getting under 20fps when on a station and less than 30 on planets. This is with bloom off, aa off, shadows off, grass/tree 0.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127592

The only things I have open are msn, firefox, vent, and notepad with my things to do after I got off work today. I'm using the latest beta drivers, which increased performance significantly because before that it was roughly 7 fps lower everywhere.

My gf who has a slightly worse card can't get over 10 on fleet and on planets she gets around 15 at best.

I'm not saying you are telling a lie, please don't think that. I'm just giving you an example of why I feel the way I do.

As for the errors that can happen with skyrim, holy cow are you right. I have two "dead" characters that are higher level because of corrupted saves. I'm not saying the game should be perfect. What would make a difference though is some feedback. I've submitted my dxdiag over and over, only to be ignored. I've written multiple times just to get the exact same feedback from them. Let me give you a screenshot of a reply for a problem in game.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...35395637_n.jpg

edit:

The only way I'm able to play now is by downloading the patch on another computer that isn't even capable of playing the game, and then copying the files and moving them to my room desktop. When I try on my personal desktop it just does this constant download, repair. Last month I had over 60 gigs of downloads from sw alone. Some people say it won't download the whole thing, just let it run. Again 60 gigs implies otherwise. Still it wouldn't run right.

As to the poster above me, why bother posting? You want to do what exactly? Incite some sort of anger in me, that's not going to happen. You seem to be under the impression that I want the game to fail. You are wrong, I would love the game to do good. You can look up my join date on the forums, user tenetke. Joined in oct 08. I've been a fan of this game for a long time, and a fan of bw since bg. So if you have something useful to add, please feel free. Otherwise take your own advice on this discussion.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2012-02-27 at 10:43 PM.
    infracted because my signature was 69 pixels too high, awww look the cry baby QQ paid off.

The problem isn't so much what you say its the fact that it's extremely offtopic for the thread. Just make a standard swtor bash thread so it can be avoided like the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The problem isn't so much what you say its the fact that it's extremely offtopic for the thread. Just make a standard swtor bash thread so it can be avoided like the plague.
    Another fine example of how fanboys are killing something that could have been great.

Anyone who doesn't adore it is bashing it to you guys. That's the wrong way to look at it.

Another fine example of how fanboys are killing something that could have been great.

Anyone who doesn't adore it is bashing it to you guys. That's the wrong way to look at it.
    It's the same with everything. People are just petty, that's all.

Valid criticism is appropriate. It's good. Healthy one could say. However I do not believe the OP asked for that. Plenty of threads you could use or you could make your own.

This would not be the place to discuss issues with the game... So we can stop that now thanks