Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So I just got Mind Blast'd for 63k...

Hello everyone,

I'm a mage. I just got Mind Blasted for 63k in arena. I've got 4.2k resil (all but 3 pieces of i403)

The fuck?

Deleted
    it can crit more than 110k, so i guess your 41% dmg reduce is working as intended

Deleted
    shadowburst says hai !

Crit or hit? 63k crit with all 3 orbs active seems about right. I can crit up to 130k on target dummy with archangel, power torrent and trinket up.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

mind spike up to 3, pop archangel and any trinkets, big boom mb.

So you're upset that a shadow priest got lucky enough to both 1) Have up 3 Shadow Orbs and 2) Hit a crit with under like 7% chance i suspect?

Not really sure what the issue is here. I've seen mages do far worse.

Edit: P.S. it isn't possible to gaurentee a mindblast crit WITH 3 shadow orbs up. Mind Spike eats up all your shadow orbs when you use it. So unless the priest was wearing full tier gear and his apparition or fiendp rocced 3 orbs RIGHT after his 3rd mind spike, then he just got lucky.

Also ITT, Mage complaining about PVP. His Ice Barrier probably absorbed the entire hit.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2012-02-25 at 08:58 PM.

Double trinket proc, shadow orbs, 8% spell damage debuff ? Kinda hard to know without any additional info.
    Last edited by Correons; 2012-02-25 at 09:01 PM.

He certainly gave you a Mind blast irl when you're complaining here.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael View Post
    I kinda lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I kinda lol'd
    I definitely lol'd.

Deleted
    Did I just read a 4.2k resi mage whine over a 63k critt from another clothie? :O
    So Im a 4.7k resi retpally(when playing with full resigear) and its not that unusual to get double critts from a mage(frostbolt-icelance) at like 35k each. When I run with my 2set + trinket ive gotten a 41k frostbolt + 36k frostfire on me.. +2x 5k critts from the pet while the mage was casting his frostbolt..

Wanna add a rogues burst to that and see why I dislike getting openers from RMPs? :P

Please stop whining about spriests who can do 1 critt and then gotta setup a new one when you play a mage that cast 1 freeze then critt more than that...

It seemed to me he was just curious, rather than whining and saying how priests are OP, mages are shit. etc..etc..
    - William Wallace

With all procs and cooldowns up, that's nothing new to be fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Also ITT, Mage complaining about PVP. His Ice Barrier probably absorbed the entire hit.
    I think he was mostly upset that he just applied ice barrier and the priest's rogue friend might actually have a chance at killing him with ice barrier have so much less dmg absorption left.

But OT, I have nothing to say other than a mage complaining about the stars aligning just right for a priest to do similar dmg as the mage does any time.

Deleted
    I lol'ed so badly. Thanks.

Deleted
    its pretty much the only source of dmg that make priests good in arena. Ofc they still need locks pressure/ rogues burstbomb or mages deepshatters.

Shadowplays with good teamwork is quite deadly, I do agree that spriests dmg should be leveled out to what it was like before. more dot dmg and mindflay and perhaps mindblasts around 30k tops instead. Kinda like locks.

I feel the same about mages but Im not sure how that would work since they only have 2-3 sources of dmg. perhaps pull down frostfires instant dmg and increase the dot dmg, but that would make it pretty OP first putting up the frostfire dot and then frostbolt-icelance.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm a mage. I just got Mind Blasted for 63k in arena. I've got 4.2k resil (all but 3 pieces of i403)

The fuck?
    m8 you should've pre-blocked the burst it's clearly a l2p issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    So you're upset that a shadow priest got lucky enough to both 1) Have up 3 Shadow Orbs and 2) Hit a crit with under like 7% chance i suspect?

Not really sure what the issue is here. I've seen mages do far worse.

Edit: P.S. it isn't possible to gaurentee a mindblast crit WITH 3 shadow orbs up. Mind Spike eats up all your shadow orbs when you use it. So unless the priest was wearing full tier gear and his apparition or fiendp rocced 3 orbs RIGHT after his 3rd mind spike, then he just got lucky.

Doesn't matter. That kind of damage shouldn't happen in PvP, under any circumstances. If I had a 1% chance to inflict 1,000,000 unblockable, unavoidable damage on an autoattack, wouldn't you say it'd be unfair?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Doesn't matter. That kind of damage shouldn't happen in PvP, under any circumstances. If I had a 1% chance to inflict 1,000,000 unblockable, unavoidable damage on an autoattack, wouldn't you say it'd be unfair?
    He has 7% crit chance to do 60k Mind blast where frost mage has like 90% chance to crit with shatter combo for around same damage... Your 1milion damage example makes no sense at all and cannot be compared to this subject.
    - William Wallace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I agree that that kind of dmg shouldnt happen, but really... Most classes have it so they kinda have to rebalance all of the classes which really need a fresh start (MoP).

rogues double ambush critts around 30k(100% crittchance with ambush + dancebomb)
    mages shatters as I already mentioned in a earlier post.
    retpallys double templars with divine purpose (im a retpally.. kinda annoyed that my can be dispelled before I can do the dmg tho xP )
    priests stacking mindspike then hope for some orbs on one flay then mindblast (this would be the least Op of these, I guess)