Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    y u no spellsteal his wings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael View Post
    He has 7% crit chance to do 60k Mind blast where frost mage has like 90% chance to crit with shatter combo for around same damage... Your 1milion damage example makes no sense at all and cannot be compared to this subject.
    Your numbers make no sense either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It was only predictable if it hadn't proc'd in a long time. Otherwise you'd end up with apparently random 50k crits. People just cried about the instagib openers.
    Tracking the ICD is incredibly simple, it's not even hard without addons (you can just use a stopwatch macro, just like a lot of people do for counterspell). Unlike the burst of a lot of other classes this is much more predictable AND stoppable.

All top streamers that has vial used an ICD tracker for it before they changed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Fine, I have a 5% chance to do an extra 50k damage. That's balanced by your logic, right?

Except: OH WAIT, they had an item that did EXACTLY that and people screamed it was OP. Know what item that was?

Vial of Shadows.
    Except that trinket was nerfed hard rather fast.
    You don't see them going out and instant nerfing shadow priests or mages.
    This is pretty much how shadow priest has been in pvp for a long time so I don't see what you're complaining about, specially not as a mage. Learn to cope with it, you have iceblock, spellsteal and barriers for a reason.

Shadowpreists don't crit often, but when they do, its memorable

15+ Year Old Account
    As a pretty good arena spriest, 63k crits are extraordinarily rare, and getting them doesn't by any means assure a kill. Listening to a mage - who consistently shattercombos for 60-80k against 4k+ resilience - complain about a ~10% chance I have to build up to every like 90 seconds is ludicrous. As RPS, we have the highest potential shadow burst as well - so it is even more rare for Shadowplay/Shatterplay/Owlplay to see that kind of a hit off a shadowpriest. This is what I need to hit that hard:

Archangel - 20% more mind blast damage for 18 seconds, 90 second cooldown
    3 Shadow Orbs - very low proc chance off mind flay (average of 2-3 per minute in an arena setting) or when we are crit sufficiently hard (bursting the priest but failing to kill gives us orbs)
    Tricks of the Trade - 15% more damage for 6 seconds
    Spellpower On-Use trinket - 2300 spellpower for 15 seconds every 90 seconds.
    Hyperspeed Accelerators - 400 int for 10 seconds every 60 seconds

Now you can spike x3 then blast with that to assure a crit, but also assure you won't have orbs - or you can time that burst to match your dot ticks and hope for a crit. Since our comp doesn't have spammable CC, we need opportunities to use our cooldown CC's effectively - burst creates that, and our burst is higher rolling dots and matching ticks to a 3 orb mind blast (albeit at ~10% crit) than spiking (not true for shatterplay or owlplay when the mage or boomy bring the heat even if we aren't). Typically I mind blast directly into a focus silence on the healer, and if it crits then we're in a good position to burn our target potentially with a rogue swap to healer while I (or dots) finish it.

Listening to a class who has the most pvp survivability in the game, the most CC, and who jumps around spamming Shattercombos that Always crit for as much as something that takes a coordinated effort once every 90 seconds from the both of us, is probably the most enjoyable forum post I've seen in weeks - I think I'm going to bookmark this to look back on it every time we lose to a mage spamming shattercombos.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I bet hes a troll anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm a mage.
    Idk why but this made me laugh.

Its rare but can hapen,
    every raid i fight the same guy and every once in a while i will kill him, but its literally stars aligning moment xD

ur a mage....

no right of speaking...

just saying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 63k? Once I swaped out 2 pieces of pvp for pve (im playing ret paladin @ 2k+ in 3v3) - I started to recieve 70k+ crits from those darn Spriests.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    priests complaining about mage shatters .. lol.

anyways.. dmg is out of control in cata. And s.priests aren't even in the top 3 offenders.

damn, almost half a shatter

thats unacceptable

Well it's not as gamebreaking as say... frostmage shattercombo's which do that kind of damage every time, but shadowpriest+RNG=dead ANYTHING. It's not that SP's are overpowered, it's that the entire pvp concept of casters in casterclysm has been retarded, the most viable setups are all castercleaves (Shadowplay, MLS, Shatterplay,LSD2 ) the list goes on obviously- but I don't want to think about castercleaves.
    So let's take the time and explain why every single caster in the game is overpowered shall we?
    Moonkin=10sec silence each minute great offhealing(which is a huge part of their survivability) cyclones (6+3+1) you can ignore the 1
    Mage= Nova's that keep you off them to DR the nova that was casted first and tons of slows. Ofcourse firemage with dragonsbreath aoe combustion casting while running seems even more retarded, but it's just that much easier to kill.
    Ele Shaman= The highest portion of their burst damage comes from an instant cast spell(fulmination part of earthshock). To add with thunderstorm they're deadly to go on because that 1 yard of movement may cause them to global you with fulmination on dalaran or blades edge.
    Warlock: hm well only affliction seems retardedly overpowered where others kindof seem to be in line, Dispell protection retarded pet crits(25k shadowbites wtf) 8second fears instant fears and so on.
    Shadowpriest is the toned down version of aff lock, which isn't overpowered till blessed with RNG, if they removed the RNG component from SP's they'd be fine.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    damn, almost half a shatter

thats unacceptable
    That's exaggerated. It's around as much as a shatter, or a little bit less. But to say it's half? Do you even play this game, with resil?

Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    That's exaggerated. It's around as much as a shatter, or a little bit less. But to say it's half? Do you even play this game, with resil?
    If you're shattering for 63K you're doing something terribly wrong.

P.S. Mage complains about burst, hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    You actually let the priest cast that? sheesh, nub mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The way PvP currently is an Spriest critting for 63k once in a full moon is not really a problem.
    The priest being balanced around the stars aligning is a problem though.

qq.

Also, I'd like to echo the sentiment of "if you let the priest do it, you deserved it".

Deleted
    Yep, mindblast can be ridiculous with triple orb wings and on-use trinked popped

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    If you're shattering for 63K you're doing something terribly wrong.
    So, you're doing 126K shatters? No. That was my point, but nice to see people can read the point of a post without it having to be bluntly stated.

If I explained why you don't always get the large shatters that have happened to you before, or why procs can influence them, or RNG, and so on you'd probably post another retarded thing such as this, huh? Oh well, people tend to over-exaggerate and hate classes blindly because they don't know how to counter them.

Then again, I guess it would be relevant for you to do so, the OP's mad because he didn't counter the Shadow Priest properly.
    Last edited by crylo; 2012-02-26 at 09:57 AM.