efficient/fast ways to lose fat?

sort of a noobie question,

im looking for tips on how to lose my weight/fat quickly.
    im 6,1 and weigh 185 lbs. i want to drop to around 155-160 and then work out and gain muscle.

what are some good diets and exercises that help you burn fat quickly? im looking at around 1-2 months time; i know it sounds hard and im confident in myself that i can do it i just need some good ways to burn calories and fat.

any help/tips are appreciated

thanks

Deleted
    Eat less and exercise more.

Join a gym and begin lifting weights and do cardio on the side, whenever you decide that you've lost enough weight just start adding more food to your diet and cut down on the cardio.

Oh and don't expect to drop 30 pounds in a month. be realistic about your goals, you will only quit if you feel like you're going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranth View Post
    sort of a noobie question,

im looking for tips on how to lose my weight/fat quickly.
    im 6,1 and weigh 185 lbs. i want to drop to around 155-160 and then work out and gain muscle.

what are some good diets and exercises that help you burn fat quickly? im looking at around 1-2 months time; i know it sounds hard and im confident in myself that i can do it i just need some good ways to burn calories and fat.

any help/tips are appreciated

thanks
    In all seriousness, just start working to gain muscle. The fat will be used to help fuel whatever calorie intake is needed beyond what you take in each day. And really, trying to go to 155 or 160, if male, is bordering on anorexic at 6' 1".

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it always about losing fat quickly? I can guess one of the major reasons a lot of people quit exercising to lose weight is because it isn't happening fast enough for them so they give up. Being healthy isn't an instant fix. It takes lifestyle changes that you have to be willing to make.

With that out of the way, just maintain a healthy diet and start a balance fitness regiment. The rest will come naturally.

Sleep Well
    Eat Paleo diet ( see archevore.com/get-started/ )
    Lift Weights
    Run Sprints

I lost 40 pounds last year with almost no effort.

i used to weigh 195 and i went from 195 to 170 in 2 months of soccer training, now since season ended i gained weight back up to 185 and want to lose it before summer so im more ready for season.

i have a strong will and can take it, only problem is im lazy and need some motivation, i know its not easy but im not gona give up[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 05:39 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noobies View Post
    Sleep Well
    Eat Paleo diet ( see archevore.com/get-started/ )
    Lift Weights
    Run Sprints

I lost 40 pounds last year with almost no effort.
    thanks for the link to the diet
    Last edited by tyranth; 2012-02-25 at 10:39 PM.

Well to start loosing alot.

STOP DRINKING SODA. and i cant help you with the sized you gave. Farenheit, feet , stones w/e dont know that...
    Oh and dont do snacks or crisps and stuff. rather eat good. and as i see you're an american if you go to a macdonals/Whateve just order a small.. that's like medium in europe big enough :P.

What i did to loose weighth is biking 5 days a week 20km a day. works great!

to sum it up.
    No Soda
    No fat snacks
    Smaller meals, Usa stuff is Huge!
    Go sport outside alot (fresher air is better anyway for your muccles)

Good luck

oh, and the biking parts also depends on where you live. it's really easy to bike in Holland... but in america most people cant barley propperly bike it's just funny to see.. nor the right places for it anyway!
    But biking for the awsomeness of sports! go get a dutch grandma bike
    Last edited by helma; 2012-02-25 at 10:48 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Switch your soda/sugary drinks with water or fresh juice, avoid frying foods and stick to baked, grilled, or boiled stuff. Eat a nice, lean breakfast too. It will help kickstart your metabolism for the day so your body can burn more calories. And just exercise more, going for walks, or riding a bike can do wonders and you will feel 1000 times better once you find a nice groove for things. Avoid those "healthy" frozen dinners that you microwave too. Sure, they are low in fat and calories, but they have a ridiculous amount of sodium in them which isn't good for your heart.

I even know a friend who turned his gaming sessions into exercise to help him lose weight. He'd do things like 5 pushups for every death he had in a match of COD, or he'd do jumping jacks while he went on autofollow while running back to the raid in WoW. He actually lost a bunch of weight doing it...
    Last edited by cherb; 2012-02-25 at 10:46 PM.

yeh i never go to mcdonalds and i stopped drinking soda and trying to stop sugar intake all together. i have a nice park near my house to go biking, but first gotta bike

thanks for the help guys