Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Multidotting as Affliction - Questions

Hello eveyrone, my guild will be progressing on H zon'ozz and hagara, and as such I will be going affliction. Just had a few quick questions:

1) Is there a good dot-tracker for multidotting? Some sort of table would be helpful with like target #1/2/3 and list of dots underneath. Currently I use tidyplates and buttontimers, but I have to do some crazy camera angles to be able to see all my dot timers with tidyplates if they're on multiple targets
    2) Is glyph of bane of agony worth more? I can currently achieve very high levels of haste in which unstable affliction drops below 1 second while glyphed, so i was considering dropping it for bane of agony glyph
    3) Is there a way to get my felpuppy to not run all over the place back and forth between targets that i'm soul swapping?

Thanks in advance :P

I'm sorry I can't help more with 1 & 2, but for 3 just put your pet on passive and macro /petattack to a button and your pet will stay on that target instead of "assisting" you

If you can get the cast time of Unstable Affliction to be below the GCD (1 second I believe) without the Glyph, then yes the glyph of UA becomes useless. Otherwise I'd probably keep it.

For your Felpuppy, put it on Passive, and then actively tell it to attack -- that way it'll attack the same target until you tell it to stop. If it's on Assist it'll switch to whatever you're targetting after a few seconds.

I use Forte Xorcist -> http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teXorcist.html . It's nice to track dots on different targets and it's also very user friendly since you can config it in a lot of ways!

My way:

1) I use Shadowed unit frames that gives me option to use my mouse-over dots macros on boss frames on the right, to quickly apply and monitor my own dots. I just use numerical display from omnicc to see time on tots, but maybe some addon that displays those dot bars can be used on this frames.

2) needs to be simed, I don´t really know to do that

3) I have pet on passive and macro Bane of Doom with /petattack, so my pet only attacks high priority targets on which my bane of doom usually is.
    Last edited by randa; 2012-02-26 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    forte is really good

Deleted
    3) Is there a way to get my felpuppy to not run all over the place back and forth between targets that i'm soul swapping?

Depending on the fight, i put it on passive / defensive and you can make a "/petattack" together with your haunt abillity so it will always stick to the target with haunt / most dots!

that's a good idea, sticking it on haunt, ty

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post
    "/petattack" together with your haunt abillity so it will always stick to the target with haunt / most dots!
    Very smart. I was always hesitant to macro in pet attacks to my abilities but this is very logical. You have no idea how much this will help me personally. Much love <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Deleted
    Yeah I always macro the pet attack with the specs special ability, haunt/conflag/hand of guldan. The only problem I find is that it cant then be cast on focus targets with the Bartender focus modifier tool; So if any macro god's wanna make one for /cast haunt /petattack with an Alt modifier for going on the focus, you will get much love from this lock :P

Deleted
    I actually have separate keybinds for /petattack (Alt+Q) and for having the pet return to me (Shift+Q). Too many pulls on Majordomo trashpack as the pulsing kneel to the flame aggroes the pet if he's in defensive stance... :P

Quote Originally Posted by StupidPanda View Post
    Hello eveyrone, my guild will be progressing on H zon'ozz and hagara, and as such I will be going affliction. Just had a few quick questions:

1) Is there a good dot-tracker for multidotting? Some sort of table would be helpful with like target #1/2/3 and list of dots underneath. Currently I use tidyplates and buttontimers, but I have to do some crazy camera angles to be able to see all my dot timers with tidyplates if they're on multiple targets
    2) Is glyph of bane of agony worth more? I can currently achieve very high levels of haste in which unstable affliction drops below 1 second while glyphed, so i was considering dropping it for bane of agony glyph

Thanks in advance :P

1. Position buttontimers so that the timers are near your character. Treat it like you would treat grid. Customize it to fit your preferences. You shouldn't really need the addon to begin with, as you should know your dots inside and out, however, buttontimers can be useful and there really isn't a better addon for tracking dots. I'd ditch tidyplates, personally. Try to remember how long ago it was that you casted a dot on a target. Practice it and you'll do fine. It's most of our dps anyway.

2. It's worth an experiment. Test it to see if you achieve higher dps. If you do, go for it.

3. Keybind your pet's attack. Make sure to always press it as quickly as you can after you're done soul swapping. You have to be quick. Really quick. It's something to get used to, definitely.

10+ Year Old Account

Depending on the fight, i put it on passive / defensive and you can make a "/petattack" together with your haunt abillity so it will always stick to the target with haunt / most dots!
    Aye, this is exactly how I do it. Figured the target with haunt on it is your first priority target anyway--only time this becomes a problem is a situation like Garona on Warmaster or something, but you can adjust accordingly.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

We might be getting an Ele Shaman so I can go Aff for H Mooboat. I havent played Aff since 4.1 but I do have a question when it comes down to Soul Swap. Obviously, I will have Glyph of Soul Swap, my question is how you work Bane of Doom with this glyph (doesnt have to be specific to H Boat Boss either). For example, lets say im on Yor'sahj and a blob comes out and I need to dps it. I hit Soul Swap and run over and put it on the blob, but Bane of Doom is on the blob when I really want it to stay on the boss (as the blob wont survive long enough for a tick). Do I have to put Bane of Agony on Yor'sahj before a Soul Swap, hit Soul Swap, then put BoD back on the boss THEN run over to the blob? I am sorry if my question isnt clear. I am just concerned on how to deal with BoD when it comes to SS and fast dying adds (like boat boss).

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    We might be getting an Ele Shaman so I can go Aff for H Mooboat. I havent played Aff since 4.1 but I do have a question when it comes down to Soul Swap. Obviously, I will have Glyph of Soul Swap, my question is how you work Bane of Doom with this glyph (doesnt have to be specific to H Boat Boss either). For example, lets say im on Yor'sahj and a blob comes out and I need to dps it. I hit Soul Swap and run over and put it on the blob, but Bane of Doom is on the blob when I really want it to stay on the boss (as the blob wont survive long enough for a tick). Do I have to put Bane of Agony on Yor'sahj before a Soul Swap, hit Soul Swap, then put BoD back on the boss THEN run over to the blob? I am sorry if my question isnt clear. I am just concerned on how to deal with BoD when it comes to SS and fast dying adds (like boat boss).
    Yep. It will copy BoD and take it off when you do exhale. Suggestion, when you know it's about to be BLOB TIME (woo) cast BoA on the boss, so you're wasting a little less time.

On topic, I LOVE Raven for tracking multidotting. It separates everything with DoTs in really easy to see bars with timers that can be moved where ever you which. I've experimented a lot, it's my personal favorite so far.
    You know nothing of the crunch!

Deleted
    I had my pet bound to Haunt/HoG before but I actually dont like it. The thing with that is that if there is alot of target switching you will constantly see your puppy run around in between the targets with targets dying before your pet even reaches them. Sence haunt doesn't count as a Dot your puppy won't do extra damage wile attacking that target. If there is a target that is very important to attack its just to manually set attack with your pet so me for one will try what randa said and bind it to BoD. That way i think you will loose the least damage overall if you still want to be lazy and not always manually controll your pet.

Definitely the best way to macro it (edit for clarification: IMO). And for those rare situations when you don't want it on your haunt target, your haunt suddenly becomes a well placed pet attack button.

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    Personally at least after the first mana void comes out I will fully dot up the void and use soul swap from the void to the ooze, thus saving me from having to deal with recasting BoA/BoD. This is of course assuming you are on HC Yor'sahj.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    Yeah I always macro the pet attack with the specs special ability, haunt/conflag/hand of guldan. The only problem I find is that it cant then be cast on focus targets with the Bartender focus modifier tool; So if any macro god's wanna make one for /cast haunt /petattack with an Alt modifier for going on the focus, you will get much love from this lock :P
    Here you go:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][@focus,exists,harm]Haunt;Haunt
    /petattack [mod:alt]
    You can change the conditions of haunt, (mouseover, and focus), I leave mouseover because I like to keep my main target with haunt at all times.
    Your pet must be set on passive, and the only way it will attack is by pressing this button along with Alt.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Personally at least after the first mana void comes out I will fully dot up the void and use soul swap from the void to the ooze, thus saving me from having to deal with recasting BoA/BoD. This is of course assuming you are on HC Yor'sahj.
    This is a good idea. My luck with trinkets has been piss pour so for Aff I am still stuck with RoZ. So it hurts my heart to kill a buffed BoD (RoZ is macro'd with BoD) just so I can put a BoA on the boss to SS to an ooze, then putting a weaker BoD back on the boss. In all honestly I just wish Glyph of BoA made it stronger than BoD for Aff, would remove a lot of headache IMO.