Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Mountain o' Mounts. Help!

I decided to finally blow all my gold and go for this achievement. I'm currently at 89/100 and was wondering which 11 mounts would be easiest for me to get next.

I know that I still need the Gilneas mounts and PvP mounts. I don't know why I never bothered to get Gilneas to Exalted but I'm working on that now. I don't PvP much at all so I really have no idea how long it would take to get the honor for those. Are there any other mounts that are more easily accessible? I have many Exalted reps.

If anybody has any tips, tricks or suggestions, feel free to post them here! Your comments are appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Varaya/mount

Update: Just hit Exalted with Netherwing and am currently at 89/100.
    Last edited by MrKnubbles; 2012-03-06 at 09:39 PM.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Queue for random bg's, have some fun, and you'll get honor in no time really, and that's 5 free of gold mounts.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Looks like you need a lot of the argent tournament mounts as well as some of the netherdrakes still. Easy ones to get, just takes time!

15+ Year Old Account
    Battlegrounds aren't exactly fun for me but how long would it take to farm 2k honor with a 50% win rate?

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tortilla View Post
    Looks like you need a lot of the argent tournament mounts as well as some of the netherdrakes still. Easy ones to get, just takes time!
    Yea, those argent tokens take a long time to farm. As far as the netherdrakes go, I tried grinding netherwing rep. I think I'm still Friendly. Those dailies are so boring and my rep was barely moving. I must not be doing something right. Considering that I don't log in everyday and don't do dailies every time I'm online, grinds like that take me a lot longer. I just recently finished my Firelands chain. Yea...

Level Tailoring and engineering for five free mounts, you can drop the proffs after you learn the mounts and still have the achiev credit. Get your guild reputation to exalted (I hope its lvl 25) and theres two mounts. Buy mechano hog and Vial of sands. Put together a 10 man uld achiev grp and a 25 man uld achiev group. Same for ICC. Do Netherwing rep. Voila, 100 mounts.

Netherwing drakes are an easy farm, it also appears as if you are missing worgen racial mounts!

Deleted
    The Swift white Hawkstrider(http://www.wowhead.com/item=35513) Has a rather high drop rate, some get lucky some has to farm over 100runs. I've got it on atleast 5 of my charaters, and 2of them was the same evening. But overall farming these "Rare drop mounts" Is what i would say you should do. You seem to be missing the Amani war bear from Zul'Aman timed it's rather easy to get so go for that mount aswell. Your a tank so instead of doing random battlegrounds you could que when it's call to arms for tanks. You will get justice points which can be traded for honor, 375 Justice points = 250 Honor points. Might not be the best way but will give you a chance of 7mounts. And there is 7Pvp mounts if you also count the mammoth in wintergraps and the stormpike charger. There is also the good old http://www.wowhead.com/item=13086 it will take you 20days to obtain. And farming the netherwing reputation is also a good way to get alot mounts quickly. Do the tol barad daily quests and get 365 marks will get you another 2 mounts. And there is quite a few mounts from doing the argent tournament quests. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklinn View Post
    Netherwing drakes are an easy farm
    They really are and it will prove difficult to get the achievement without them.

Netherdrakes and PvP mounts add about 10 more mounts to your arsenal. There are also a few ponies you can just go buy from vendors, I think (such as the black stallion, mountain horse, and swift mountain horse). There are 2 mounts you can get from Tol Barad dailies. The lvl25 guild lion. The green proto drake's drop chance from the Oracle egg has been raised and it also takes only 3 days to hatch instead of 7, so that's easy to get now.

If you feel ambitious, you can run H Sethekk Halls and H Magister's Terrace everyday and Karazhan every week for those mounts. You can also do pug groups to run icc10/25 for the meta achievements to get the frostbrood mounts. You can get most of the meta achievements in one run, actually, so it should only take you 2 raids to complete it.

Even without the dungeon and achievement ones, you should be close (if not over) 100 mounts.

EDIT: If you do bgs to farm honor, just take a premade 5man group of friends. You'd be surprised at the power a premade brings to a bg. Especially if it's a smaller bg like Warsong. You'll hardly lose if you guys work together with Vent and stuff. Makes farming honor very fast.
    Last edited by Lumpriest; 2012-02-26 at 08:29 AM.

Remember, you can exchange Justice points to Honor points to get the PvP mounts.

Get somebody from horde to come to Halaa (Nagrand) and grind for those tokens to get the two dark talbuks.

If you don't see it as too much cheating, head out to Blizzard Store for the three mounts there.

And oddly enough you are missing one Stormwind mount, Black Stallion. Head to Menethil Harbor for it.

warcraftmounts.com, helps track your collection of mounts and to see where to get more.
    wowjuju.com, tracks your reputation gains, check how to gain more.
    Last edited by Tbah; 2012-02-26 at 08:44 AM. Reason: A couple of helpful links:

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Yea, those argent tokens take a long time to farm. As far as the netherdrakes go, I tried grinding netherwing rep. I think I'm still Friendly. Those dailies are so boring and my rep was barely moving. I must not be doing something right. Considering that I don't log in everyday and don't do dailies every time I'm online, grinds like that take me a lot longer. I just recently finished my Firelands chain. Yea...
    Are you to the point where you can farm Netherwing eggs? Each of those earn you 250 rep, I think. It's been a while since I've grinded that rep, but most of it came from those eggs. They're just found sitting around in the fel orc stronghold near there and the mines on the Netherwing island south of the field.

Here's a WoWHead link: http://www.wowhead.com/item=32506#comments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbah View Post
    Remember, you can exchange Justice points to Honor points to get the PvP mounts.

Get somebody from horde to come to Halaa (Nagrand) and grind for those tokens to get the two dark talbuks.

If you don't see it as too much cheating, head out to Blizzard Store for the three mounts there.

And oddly enough you are missing one Stormwind mount, Black Stallion. Head to Menethil Harbor for it.

warcraftmounts.com, helps track your collection of mounts and to see where to get more.
    wowjuju.com, tracks your reputation gains, check how to gain more.
    Black stallion is now sold in Stormwind, IIRC.
    I'd really like to get my Special Snowflake Feat of Strength now. Just because I'm special. - Scummer

Run H UP (blue protodrake), H MT (whitestrider), H sethekk halls (raven lord) daily. Do the daily for the chance for the White Polar bear. These are just luck ones but very easy runs. Fish up the turtle. Get your oracle rep up for Green protodrake, the egg hatches in 3 days not instead of 7.
    Last edited by flareside; 2012-02-26 at 07:44 PM.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the PvP Mounts ----- Do weekly Tol Barad win, drop banner at win and when you turn in the quest. (Guild banner I mean, if you have it.) And yes, start doing the Argent Tourney now, because it's time consuming. (Only like 13-14 marks a day I think?)
    That Tol Barad can be like 1000 Honor a week, for the first one. Then like 650 Honor each other time you win during the week. Offenses usually win more often, and lack of PvP gear isn't THAT big of an issue cuz it's a giant battle. Good luck. =)

In order of easiness, here are mounts you can get to get you to 100. (19)

1. The seahorse from doing like 4 quests in vash srsly? come on guy

2-7. Netherwing mounts. You'll need to grind this rep so get started already. It's 6 mounts and you can do it in a matter of days due to eggs being everywhere.

8. ZA bear. You can pug this now.

9-16. The aforementioned pvp mounts. You can either grind bgs or dungeons (convert jp to honor) for this. It's easy and takes barely any time.

17-19. Any of the 9 available argent mounts.

20+. There are still tons of rather easy options for you if you don't want to do the argent tourny or za.

While this achievement is much more trivial than it originally was, you still can't have it handed to you from shelling out some gold. The netherwing and pvp mounts are almost necessary and every mount collector has to brave the argent tournament at some point. The longer you put these off the harder it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by PatB View Post
    1. The seahorse from doing like 4 quests in vash srsly? come on guy
    You're thinking of the Abyssal Seahorse (which he has); the one he doesn't have is the Subdued Seahorse from the rare spawn Poseidus.

Not getting the Argent tournament mounts or Netherwing mounts are going to set you back on what you can get for those last 19 mounts. Netherwing goes by fairly quickly if you look for the eggs and don't just rely on the daily quests.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2012-02-27 at 01:54 AM.

I dident really find this achivment to be any problem to get i just farmed exalted with all fractions that have a mount. Then fixed the
    pvp ones aswell pretty easy to do if you got time. Think i have been pretty lucky with drops on rare mounts got anzu on first try
    took about 10 runs to get.
    But yea farm rep is a great way to get alot of mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the help. This achievement wouldn't have been so hard for me had I collected mounts from the start. I purposely passed up many mounts because I simply wasn't interested in ever riding it. I've passed up the Sarth 3D mount, the Amani Warbear, the VoA War Mammoth and brewfest mounts. I'm going to continue working on Netherwing and (ugh) PvP...

15+ Year Old Account
    Just hit Exalted with Netherwing. Now at 89/100 and working on Gilneas rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get all the Pvp mounts in about a day. Queue up for the CTA BG on the weekend. You will grind up massive amounts of honor pretty quickly. At least thats how it was for me. I took one Saturday, it was an AB weekend, started queing about 10am, and kept chain queing. By 4pm I had all the mounts (previously to start que I had zero pvp mounts) and a full set of pvp gear. So take out the gear time, I'd say probably about 2-3 hrs at most to get them all. This is also providing that the groups you're in win. It will take alot longer you're losing alot of them.
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org
    Join a 10+ year old adult gaming syndicate in the domination of the MMO world