15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.

Problem with Origin Client.

Hello guys. Yesterday, I bought the new game Kingdoms of Amarula: Reckoning. I went home to install it, but I couldn't. And I still can't. When I try to login to Origin, it says it has encountered an unknown error, and then asks me to restart the client and try again.

This is bullshit, almost 24 hours have passed, and I still can't install the game. Did any of you have the same problem, do you perhaps know any solutions? Google didn't seem to help me, at all.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using steam here for the Kingsdom game, However I am familiar with the origin client myself if you can provide the SS of the error then we can probably help OP.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-02-26 at 01:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Using steam here for the Kingsdom game, However I am familiar with the origin client myself if you can provide the SS of the error then we can probably help OP.

Well least I can
    Okay, yeah, but the screenshot would be in swedish, since my client is swedish, do you want an SS anyway?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rillak View Post
    Okay, yeah, but the screenshot would be in swedish, since my client is swedish, do you want an SS anyway?
    That's fine go ahead

15+ Year Old Account

"You have encountered an unknown error. Please restart Origin and try again."

And then, if I try to write my password, it will tell me it is incorrect, and direct me to a password reset. The problem is that you can't succesfully reset your password, because the "password reset-server" is not responding.

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 01:58 PM ----------

Bump-edi-bump!

Deleted
    I googled it and some people reported that simply not reseting origin and retyping your login details again will do the trick.

also origin.. really?

Deleted
    Origin is definately the worst platform I've ever used. The amount of errors I've had and the amount of times I've had to reinstall the client (including the games) is just mindblowing.

Check your antivirus software and firewalls and make sure they're not blocking Origin. I'd also recommend you make sure your modem isn't set to Plug and Play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    also origin.. really?
    I know, right? It's terrible! But It wasn't my choice, really. I went to the store and picked up the game, and then I have to install it through an internet client? It's so terrible. There's a reason why I go to the store and buy the real deal: to avoid the internet complications.

Deleted
    I know, right? It's terrible! But It wasn't my choice, really. I went to the store and picked up the game, and then I have to install it through an internet client? It's so terrible. There's a reason why I go to the store and buy the real deal: to avoid the internet complications.
    haha ah well.. anyways let us know if any of the idea's worked or how you fixed it.

I still firmly believe that if you buy a physical copy that you should have to go through an internet client to install it or have said client active or even on the system to run it.

Also OP origin tends to be, well shit programming, try completely shutting it down and if that doesn't work try rebooting your system (haha lazy tech help that works 10% of the time) if that fails try re-installing it. And if after all that its on EA's end not yours, at which point tell them you want a refund.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I still firmly believe that if you buy a physical copy that you should have to go through an internet client to install it or have said client active or even on the system to run it.

Also OP origin tends to be, well shit programming, try completely shutting it down and if that doesn't work try rebooting your system (haha lazy tech help that works 10% of the time) if that fails try re-installing it. And if after all that its on EA's end not yours, at which point tell them you want a refund.
    I've reinstalled Origin twice now, still doesn't work. I'll just wait and see, I guess.

Deleted
    I've reinstalled Origin twice now, still doesn't work. I'll just wait and see, I guess.
    did you try to log in again without restarting after the error pops up?

Do you own SWTOR? TOR accounts are linked to origin in a weird way and your origin pw might now be your tor pw

I know this is off topic for troubleshooting but I kinda feel the need to vent!

I was really pissed to be forced into installing and using Origin when I bought a physical copy of Amalur. Any future PC games I purchase I'll do my research and if anything like this happens again I'll surely pass on that game. Game companies please take note of your unsatisfied customers....

Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    I know this is off topic for troubleshooting but I kinda feel the need to vent!

I was really pissed to be forced into installing and using Origin when I bought a physical copy of Amalur. Any future PC games I purchase I'll do my research and if anything like this happens again I'll surely pass on that game. Game companies please take note of your unsatisfied customers....
    though off topic this is something that, in the future, any one who made this mistake should consider doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Do you own SWTOR? TOR accounts are linked to origin in a weird way and your origin pw might now be your tor pw
    Dude, oh my God! Thanks alot! This, this solved it! My SWTOR PW got me logged in into Origin, amazing! Come 'ere, I wanna hug you. :3

Edit: Just realized how sarcastic I sounded, haha, but I'm not! This was actually the problem, and I thank you!
    Last edited by rillak; 2012-02-26 at 07:06 PM. Reason: sarcasm?