Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Instant Adventures - Wow!

So I hit 45 and thought I'd try out the instant adventures. Before I knew it I was a couple of hours in and already level 48, had tons of notoriety with Mathos, and had 20k planarite plus about 70 of the things to open up for essences or other goodies. I didn't even think to use one of my experience potions or I'd probably have hit 50 without even trying.

I had no idea it was so efficient not to mention it's pretty fun blasting through areas with a big group of people.

Yup, they are not a bad method of income in a wierd way, what with drops and stuff, no to mention I always find several artifacts while doing them (the amount of folk that just totally ignore them when some of them sell for a LOT of money).

I find them really fun too, more in peak times / weekends when there is a crowd though, not so much when it's a small group - you and another dude doing the objective, 1 guy doing something the other end of the map, 1 guy afk, and 1 guy who thinks he's leeroy jenkins and rushes at everything aoeing like a madman at gets creamed all the time. ^^

Glad you enjoyed your IAs Bodaway. They also take place in Shimmersand, with more zones being added over time. Definitely a worthwhile method for completing the leveling experience, and a great way to test out AoE builds without much risk.

Deleted
    I love IA 800k Planar XP / hour while AFK watching TV or working, seriously what could be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    I love IA 800k Planar XP / hour while AFK watching TV or working, seriously what could be better?
    Playing the game.

<Mod Edit: Post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-02-26 at 06:08 PM.

I enjoyed the IAs as well, except when it came to leveling my mage's outfitter/butchering. They weren't the best in cloth/hide acquisition. I did them for 5 days, stopping each level. Killed about 20 or so pinatas while doing them. Only got to Shimmersand on the first day, the other 4 were Stillmoor. I think I preferred Shimmersand as it wasn't so dark and gloomy (why I didn't care much for gloamwood).

Now if only some IPP would be added since I completely skipped that zone and have no notoriety with them yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Now if only some IPP would be added since I completely skipped that zone and have no notoriety with them yet.
    Theyd have to do something special if there was an IPP IA though as all the mobs are significantly lower level apart from the small daily zone, and from the "special" mobs in shimmer/stillmoor cant say id really look forwards to it, soon as people get an extra action bar to do something they just become imbeciles and forget how to carry me

They are going to expand the system to basically apply from lvl 1-50 which will add another leveling path. IA is basically a concept I wish Blizzard had done years ago because it is based on a LFG system that they made famous.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IA is definitely a hate or love it thing, I personally love it. If there is no invasion going on for your level, who cares? Pop into IA and off you go and before you know it, you've leveled once or twice, gained tons of loot and notoriety, and perhaps some achievements!

Also you get to see some people hit 50, usually, which honestly? I remember how happy I was to finally hit 50, and that was prior to IA, but still I know the feeling, so I love to see people hit 50. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    IA is still in it's infancy. Testing out the waters in a smaller scale is good move and it does give the last 5 levels of leveling an added flavor when basic questing at that point has become somewhat stale. I'd expect that will be expanding on this feature as time passes. Another opportunity for a video for those of you that may of missed the IA developer diary:

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright.

The dragon at the end. What in the literal ffffffffffffff. I've done A CRAP TON of IAs in Stillmoor and still have not run into him. -.-
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Alright.

The dragon at the end. What in the literal ffffffffffffff. I've done A CRAP TON of IAs in Stillmoor and still have not run into him. -.-
    Really? I did my first IA ever a few days ago, and out in the fields killing skeletons in that area, that very dragon was sitting there. It isn't an IA objective, it was a death invasion force just chilling inside the IA quest area, but seriously, 20 dudes fighting tiny skeletons while a giant skeletal dragon sits there looking at us funny? Yeah, we killed it.

So he definitely shows up there... Misleading to have him in an IA demo video...

Quote Originally Posted by chisuji View Post
    Really? I did my first IA ever a few days ago, and out in the fields killing skeletons in that area, that very dragon was sitting there. It isn't an IA objective, it was a death invasion force just chilling inside the IA quest area, but seriously, 20 dudes fighting tiny skeletons while a giant skeletal dragon sits there looking at us funny? Yeah, we killed it.

So he definitely shows up there... Misleading to have him in an IA demo video...
    he is part of the IA objectives done him few days ago

Deleted
    Well he looks awfully similar to Gaurath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harby View Post
    Well he looks awfully similar to Gaurath.
    MMO developers are no strangers to reusing models, only some abuse that. I've honestly done A CRAP LOAD of Stillmoor IAs and events and have never seen that guy there to fight. =/ At least not that I recall.
    "A flower.

I've run into the dragon. The one I have never run into is the Ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    the Ship.
    Wut.

Elaborate, please.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wut.

Elaborate, please.
    In the video in Shimmersand there is a part where there is a ship in the water shooting at the players. 55 second mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    In the video in Shimmersand there is a part where there is a ship in the water shooting at the players. 55 second mark.

THat fight is one I did as well. IT'S just the fat captain and he yells fire the cannons and red circles blanket the area. I didn't notice the shir though.