Upgradeing to a 560ti!

As the titel say i,m going to upgrade my graphic card since my current one gtx550ti is just breaking a part at 1920x1080 hd gameing...
    So i wonder what kinda power supply would be nice for this card ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it requires 600+ watts of power to run (I'm using it currently).

560Ti Product Page

NVidia recommends at minimum a 500W power supply; however, it can vary depending on your system's total power consumption. The max power draw of a 560Ti by itself is 170 Watts. If you know what the rest of your system consumes, you can base your PSU purchasing plans by adding up the total power draw of all your components + some cushion for error.

Error being unaccounted components, and typical PSU under-performance.

But adding like a 900 psu wont do anything to the computer as long as i have the right motherboard ?

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if you add a 2000W PSU to your setup, it won't draw more power just because you have a stronger PSU. The only reason people don't buy those gigantic ones is because they're expensive as hell.

I'd recommend a TX850 from corsair, it's very reliable and energy efficient. Should last you quite a while aswell, even with new upgrades.

Deleted
    If you don't have alot of money, a 500W can keep up a 560Ti. However I'd recommend 600-650 from Corsair.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you bought a new power supply for your 550ti, it's most likely going to be enough for 560ti as well so I wouldn't worry. If you have something old and shady at 400-500 watts range I'd buy a new one. 450 watts would be realistically the lowest you ought to buy at this point. If you have plans for SLI you'd need around 500-600 watts.

550W would be fine, get something 80+ certified from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, XFX, etc. just get a reliable brand and you would be fine.
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2012-02-26 at 10:08 PM.

i have the same card with a good CPU and mobo, and have a 600w PSU and it runs just fine.

I'm running a 560ti while using a 2,5 year old Cooler Master 520W PSU, which hasn't given it any issues so far. Thought I might have to upgrade, but figured I'd take the risk and it worked out fine.

What's your current PSU?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Why must everyone tease me and remind me of my AMD 4800 every waking minute of my life...
    You're on the wrong forums if that bothers you. ^^

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    It doesn't matter if you add a 2000W PSU to your setup, it won't draw more power just because you have a stronger PSU. The only reason people don't buy those gigantic ones is because they're expensive as hell.

I'd recommend a TX850 from corsair, it's very reliable and energy efficient. Should last you quite a while aswell, even with new upgrades.
    Overkill, big time, an 850 watt would be more than enough for SLI 560 Tis....

@OP, get yourself a nice quality 550-650 watt power supply from one of the following brands:

Seasonic
    Silverstone
    Corsair
    Antec
    Enermax
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    @OP, get yourself a nice quality 550-650 watt power supply from one of the following brands:

Seasonic
    Silverstone
    Corsair
    Antec
    Enermax
    + Fractal Design. <1% RMA for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Of course because no one buys it

Nah those brands will generally be okay but really it always depends on the specific model.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I didn't even know they make PSUs.... >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Tiered list of PSU's. I have an OCZ Fatality 750w and it does the job great and OCZ offers a great warranty I believe.