Armormech RE difficulties!

Is it just me or the higher level armor you craft.. the harder it is to get the RE schematic? I have this set of lvl 41 blue leggings that I have REd about 15 of and still have not gotten one of the purple patterns off of it...

maybe I am just having a streak of bad luck.. either way it sucks!

its very RNG, but at 1.2 they said they are gona make it more consistent

i am having the same issue between armortech low end (some lvlv 9 greens wont re even though i i did it bout 40 times) and with cyber (commando green i REed bout 45 times and STILL no blue)

hope the RN issue is a little better after the patch

10+ Year Old Account
    From what Ive seen its pure RNG, finally got lvl 50 blue pants to epic after about 30 REs o//
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

I've re'd like, sixty of a blue implant (level 49) and have yet to get one of the epics. It took like, 50 greens just to get one blue, which wasn't even the one I wanted >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand Bioware has said before RE has an abnormally low chance to succeed. Something about a previous patch flummoxing it up, because around release it wasn't nearly that bad.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by Agamany View Post
    Is it just me or the higher level armor you craft.. the harder it is to get the RE schematic?
    Nothing but RNG.
    I had to make almost 50 rank 11 hilts before I got the blue schematic, every single rank after that required less than 10, most less than 5.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I've made somewhere in the region of 200 Blue 49 implants, and I have 3 useful Epic patterns. Even then they're not optimal. I only wish there was a way to specifically aim for a set of stats, such as "Str, Stam, Pow Surge" rather than having "Str, Stam, Pow, Surge, Crit, Acc" in low amounts. And if they must allow us to make "Pressence" gear, can they just put it on gear by default and not let it soak up stat allocation on randoms schems?

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I've made somewhere in the region of 200 Blue 49 implants, and I have 3 useful Epic patterns. Even then they're not optimal. I only wish there was a way to specifically aim for a set of stats, such as "Str, Stam, Pow Surge" rather than having "Str, Stam, Pow, Surge, Crit, Acc" in low amounts. And if they must allow us to make "Pressence" gear, can they just put it on gear by default and not let it soak up stat allocation on randoms schems?
    oh yes presence procs.... got it twice while trying to get something useful, finally gave up and took epic implants from a guilde after well over 100 RE's

Quote Originally Posted by Recar View Post
    oh yes presence procs.... got it twice while trying to get something useful, finally gave up and took epic implants from a guilde after well over 100 RE's
    Also, getting Defense on the DPS equivalent. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    From what I understand Bioware has said before RE has an abnormally low chance to succeed. Something about a previous patch flummoxing it up, because around release it wasn't nearly that bad.
    I think you're right. Before, I got upgrades within ten RE's. Never really thought about it though. Nice to know I'm not the only one with piss poor luck when it comes to RE'ing implants. They really have way too many upgrades for it to be random. Maybe have RE'ing give you points in that item, and once you have a certain amount, you can unlock an upgrade. It'd increase every time you got one for that specific implant, from like, 10 to 25, and finally 50.

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    well that sure sucks... i spose i should wait to RE anything more till they get it fixed so I am not wasting mats... thanks for the info there.

I don't agree with it entirely being RNG. I have a much easier time getting blue/purple recipes on low level gear. Usually get it on the first try on stuff 10-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I don't agree with it entirely being RNG. I have a much easier time getting blue/purple recipes on low level gear. Usually get it on the first try on stuff 10-20.
    I don't know why you'd disagree. It's entirely RNG. On my artifice, I would RE crystals and get blue patterns rather quickly. Another artifice I know, REing the same pattern would take many more attempts. And vice versa. It's extremely random. Personally, I don't think it should take 50 or more RE attempts before getting an upgrade, but I'd be sorely disappointed if they dropped it to under 5. Especially when it comes to end game items.

Deleted
    "You already know that Schematic" is far more annoying imo when RE'ing Blues for a specific epic prefix.