Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Movies] What hated movie do you love & what loved movie do you hate ?

Here, I'll start:

I Hate: Drag me to Hell, Pretty Woman, Precious, Fight Club, Dragon Tattoo, American Beauty, Notting Hill, 4 weddings and a funeral, The Deep End, Mystic River, Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Boondock Saints. I hate feel-bad movies and anything pretentious in general. Didn't understand the hype around Artist, didn't really like Avatar either apart from the graphix.

I Love: Drive, most Guy Ritchie films(Snatch, Rocknrolla, Sherlock holmes 1/2), Men in Black, District 9, Chronicle, Kick-Ass, The Ring, Woman in Black, Paranormal Activity, LoTR, almost all the harry potter films, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Inbetweeners movie.

(most of these films are hated either by critics, or mainstream audiences, or imdb, or the internet or the Awards)

Who in their right mind doesn't like LOTR?

Seriously, what the fuck?
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Deleted
    Lotr, harry potter, saving privat ryan are hated movies -_-?

Anyway i hate every single comedy movie, i really dont like them, especialy movies like american pie and such films.

Love movies like star trek 1 - 6, star wars 4 - 6 and the first two godfather movies

almost your entire "i love list" is all movies that are incredibly popular and well-liked. harry potter, really? that's only like, one of the hugest movie franchises that ever existed. ditto on lotr. district 9 and chronicle are both very popular movies themselves and got great reviews by critics and fans. so did kick-ass. so did paranormal activity. forrest gump is a beloved classic. i don't think you understand your own game -_-

for me:
    HATE: harry potter
    LOVE: the old original Buffy movie

I dunno everyone tells me LOTR/Harry potter is for nerds and I should crawl back into my hole. Besides HP didn't win any awards at all.

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbat View Post
    Anyway i hate every single comedy movie, i really dont like them, especialy movies like american pie and such films.
    I usually hate soppy romances, feel-bad movies, musicals and mainstream zombie/teen/slasher horror and low brow comedy.

Speaking of Comedy films I liked Borat, Dr. Strangelove, Evil Dead 2, Shaun of the Dead, Inbetweeners Movie and Napoleon Dynamite. They're a bit different from mainstream comedy like american pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    I dunno everyone tells me LOTR/Harry potter is for nerds and I should crawl back into my hole. Besides HP didn't win any awards at all.
    I don't know what to say.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Yeah. 99% of the movies you listed that you love and others hate are movies that are extremely popular and loved. Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter? Forrest Gump? Sherlock Holmes? I can look up all of those movies and typically find favorable ratings and positive reviews. You really need to rethink your thread.

Anyways, I don't watch a huge amount of movies, and those I do tend to be the ones I'm recommended to see. However, I did love the movie Ink, which didn't receive all too much recognition and isn't all too popular. I suppose that would count.

And I'm not a huge fan of Harry Potter movies as well.

You're either very naive, or very stupid. I'm going under the logic that you are the former.

Both of those franchises are HUGELY popular and have won MANY awards, hell Return of the King is one of three films to win every oscar it was nominated for (11 total).
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    You're either very naive, or very stupid. I'm going under the logic that you are the former.

Both of those franchises are HUGELY popular and have won MANY awards, hell Return of the King is one of three films to win every oscar it was nominated for (11 total).
    I know Lord of the Rings won oscars and other awards - but typically the oscars tend to sub sci fi and fantasy films - look at how they snubbed harry potter and source code.
    They even snubbed drive .... wtf i loved that movie.

But I like all these movies a lot. LoTR is my favorite movie EVER. I don't care what the academy thinks. I bet they'll snub hugo this year too since it was fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really big into movies I like most of the ones I see, the only movies that I love are the LotR trilogy, Star Wars 4-6, The Big Lebowski, and Clerks 1 and 2. But one movie that I dislike is Inception. Everyone keeps telling me I have to see it and it's best movie but I just don't care it never appealed to me and I never wanted to see. But when I say I've never seen everyone just loses their minds saying how great it is and that I have watch it.

It just really annoys me. Another movie that I didn't like is Drive I thought the acting was good, except for Ryan Gosling. He showed no emotion at all even when he killed all those people just blank stare on his face.

I loved Tank Girl. It got horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE reviews, but I enjoyed it. The first 2/3 anyway. The last bit always seemed like they didn't care any more.

For people that haven't seen it: Part 1! First 10 or so minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VfuOoI4#t=153s. Started it at 2 mins in because the opening is cheesy.
    Last edited by Acideyeliner; 2012-02-26 at 08:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    G.I. Joe, my god that is the greatest most entertaining movie that is intentionally corny and bad. Really can't wait to see the sequel.
    Oh, and Sucker Punch...>.>
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-02-27 at 06:34 AM.

i have a love for terrible made for TV movies.

the worst/best one ive ever seen was called Immortals or something, it had a floating pyramid, cybernetic organs, shape shifting birds, and other stuff that made my hungover state even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

I've hated any movie that has ever had Dane Cook or Chris Rock in it.

Deleted
    I bet they'll snub hugo this year too since it was fantasy.
    Annnd BING BONG ur wrong. It won 5 academy awards. Please delete thread

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beggattron View Post

It just really annoys me. Another movie that I didn't like is Drive I thought the acting was good, except for Ryan Gosling. He showed no emotion at all even when he killed all those people just blank stare on his face.
    That was the point... that was his character... Which is why he was at home being a stuntman under a mask. Believe it or not, not showing emotion like that is acting.

Im with you on Drag Me to Hell... how that movie got good reviews I have no idea. it was TERRIBLE. it wasnt scary a all, it was so bad at points you're almost laughing like is this movie serious?

Loved movies that I hated I guess would be (and tbh Im not sure if all of these were loved or not): Drag Me to Hell, Cloverfield, The Strangers, Akira, All the Saws past the first one, Adjustment Bureau, Beautiful Mind, Let the Right Ones In.

Hated movies that I loved: Sucker Punch, The Sixth Man, Insidious, Collateral (it wasnt hated but didnt get the respect it deserved imo), Shoot Em Up.

I enjoy Waterworld...
    I HATE the Twilight movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Im with you on Drag Me to Hell... how that movie got good reviews I have no idea. it was TERRIBLE. it wasnt scary a all, it was so bad at points you're almost laughing like is this movie serious?
    It was more of a nod to comic horror movies like Evil Dead, as it is directed by the same guy, it was suppose to be funny, not scary. Unlike a horror movie taking itself too seriously, like The Happening which had unintentional humor.

I wasn't aware anyone alive hated the Lord of the Rings movies...I thought pretty much everyone agreed that they're the best movies ever made.

As for me, I hate any movie with Will Farrel in it. Well, except Wedding Crashers, but he was only a cameo in that. I don't know, he annoys me.