Thread: Help

Help

Need help with a problem, when I play WoW (it doesnt show up when I say browse the internet) weird lines come out of my toon and different looking lines that are reminiscent of a broken monitor also show up around the screen. The lines that jut out from my toon are more ... basic looking.

Also

How do you post wow screenshots? I'd like to actually show my problem.

Thank you
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called artifacting, it it means your graphics card isn't well.
    Update your drivers.
    Make sure it's running at stock clock.
    Make sure it's not overheating.

Deleted
    Take a picture off it. Judging by what you said, it is indeed most likely as Fuzzykins says artifacting which means your GPU might be dying. Check if you have warranty left on it and try to get a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    It's called artifacting, it it means your graphics card isn't well.
    Update your drivers.
    Make sure it's running at stock clock.
    Make sure it's not overheating.
    What is stock clock?

And driverS? what else is there? my video driver is ATI mobility radeon 5470 but what else is there?

Also if is "just" a video card problem is it possible to replace it on a laptop?

Thanks
    Last edited by ambigiouslynamed; 2012-02-26 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    Drivers for AMD cards can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

As it is a mobile GPU, I doubt there has been any factory overclocking and since you ask I doubt you have tinkered with it yourself. Again, if it's still under warranty get a replacement.

He ment, make sure it's not overclocked & is running at what it should be running by default, make sure it's not overheating, you can use a software like GPU-Z to find that out. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card which you can find on the manufacturer's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Drivers for AMD cards can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

As it is a mobile GPU, I doubt there has been any factory overclocking and since you ask I doubt you have tinkered with it yourself. Again, if it's still under warranty get a replacement.
    tried the whole update route after i made the initial post and while waiting for answers and my computer did a crash dump, and according to the computer it might have done it because of the new software so did I do something wrong, do i have to delete something or would simply getting a new card be the best solution? and is it possible to simply replace video cards on laptops? also is the video driver fan the only fan on a laptop? my computer seems to have multiple fan slots but only 2 of them(the one on the upper left corner) and one of those slots is connected to the same fan but is on the side of the computer instead of the bottom

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madcaptn View Post
    He ment, make sure it's not overclocked & is running at what it should be running by default, make sure it's not overheating, you can use a software like GPU-Z to find that out. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card which you can find on the manufacturer's website.
    i got GPU-Z and um how do you know if its overheating or not?

Under the sensors tab you should be able to see GPU temperature.