1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Antherios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,044

    Desperate: Installing Windows 7 on Acer Aspire One D250

    Well, i have researched half of google results for "Install Windows 7 acer aspire one d250" and no one has been able to come up with a solution for me yet.

    Im trying to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 on my Aspire One D250 via USB, and i cant get past this point.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/victor_...ream/lightbox/
    (not my image, its in spanish, but basically, it doesnt recognize my hard drive and asks me for the sata driver, which i already installed)

    Things i have done:

    - Format the USB and put in a new copy of Windows 7 installer
    - Update Bios
    - Update SATA drivers
    - On bios, changed SATA setting from AHCi to IDE.
    - Update ALL drivers on this god forsaken pc.

    Still nothing, always get the same error.

    So, anyone have any ideas?


    P.D: Aspire One D250 Specs incase you need them
    And! before anyone says that maybe the pc is not able to run windows 7, i have installed it in 2 other d250 and i have seen like 20 youtube videos of people doing it too.
    Last edited by Antherios; 2012-02-26 at 07:14 PM.

  2. #2
    You'll need a copy of the laptops SATA drivers available to the Windows installer (either on the USB drive or on CD).

    This doesn't mean you need them installed on your existing XP install, you actually need the driver where the installer can get to it. And since it's asking for a SATA driver so it can access your drive, it obviously can't actually use the one on the HDD, so you need it to be located (and accessible, so that means uncompressed, etc) on another source.
    Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2012-02-26 at 07:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Antherios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    You'll need a copy of the laptops SATA drivers available to the Windows installer (either on the USB drive or on CD).

    This doesn't mean you need them installed on your existing XP install, you actually need the driver where the installer can get to it. And since it's asking for a SATA driver so it can access your drive, it obviously can't actually use the one on the HDD, so you need it to be located (and accessible, so that means uncompressed, etc) on another source.
    Did it already, the weird thing is that it did recognize them, but they were incompatible according to the Windows 7 installer, which is bullshit since i downloaded them from the Acer website :S
    Last edited by Antherios; 2012-02-26 at 07:18 PM.

  4. #4
    unrelated, but are you sure your computer has the right specs? judging from the second link, your computer has very little memory.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Well, i have researched half of google results for "Install Windows 7 acer aspire one d250" and no one has been able to come up with a solution for me yet.

    Im trying to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 on my Aspire One D250 via USB, and i cant get past this point.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/victor_...ream/lightbox/
    (not my image, its in spanish, but basically, it doesnt recognize my hard drive and asks me for the sata driver, which i already installed)

    Things i have done:

    - Format the USB and put in a new copy of Windows 7 installer
    - Update Bios
    - Update SATA drivers
    - On bios, changed SATA setting from AHCi to IDE.
    - Update ALL drivers on this god forsaken pc.

    Still nothing, always get the same error.

    So, anyone have any ideas?


    P.D: Aspire One D250 Specs incase you need them
    Use the intel site and use the update tool. it might be a last chance. Heres only the german link (couldnt find the english one). Click on "Überprüfen sie, ob ihr system über die aktuellen Updates verfügt". If not try seaching it via google.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Did it already, the weird thing is that it did recognize them, but they were incompatible acording to the Windows 7 installer, which is bullshit since i downloaded them from the Acer website :S
    And the ones on the CD which you received with the netbook?

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Antherios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    And the ones on the CD which you received with the netbook?
    The netbook its not mine, its my father's, and he says that it didnt come with a disk, meaning, he lost it. So thats not an option.

    And about the memory, the netbook has 1gb, and i think the minimum for home proffesional is 512mb, so it should run ok.

    (thanks for all the fast help btw)
    Last edited by Antherios; 2012-02-26 at 07:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Do what should have been done in the beginning: copy off important data, blat and reinstall.

    Or if you want to pursue the update route, try and locate a copy of the disc that came with the netbook, either online or otherwise.

  9. #9
    Not sure if this really matters, But when ever i install W7 on my PC i use a CD. iv noticed with my PC the USB ports take abit longer to "Wake up" so to speak. So the drivers for them probs aint loading when its trying to install W7. If you can use a CD for it, It be better imo :P tho i could be completely wrong!

  10. #10
    now that I think about it, USB ports take longer to load as Shyzhi said. try and use a DVD, those can be used as bootable, so you can directly boot from the DVD to upgrade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •