Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Cry me a river. That stuff did happen but do you realise how hard it is to implement in game. Also Catastrophic=/=Cataclysmic
    How about.. No? and fact is it did happen but in peoples imagination for how good it was meant to look. Hell, people cried about the Lich King being all over northrend, but at least he stood as we'd expect a villian to be, we saw him do shit and it wasn't underplayed, unlike Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soradras View Post
    Everything they do these days feels pretty "half-assed". They've gone from a company known to make great games to a company known to try and milk the masses of their money while putting minimum effort into what they do.
    Only if you don't know what you're doing with them.

I guess if you're the average consumer defaulting to giving money to the evil empire is the most brain, er easiest thing to do. (Sorry, I'm really opinionated on this one. I've yet to see this whole wow factor from the Sandybridge architecture, especially for a chip that's over priced by 40$ even now.)

Edit: Mis-quote, I meant to quote Chaud's response to me.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Edit: Mis-quote, I meant to quote Chaud's response to me.
    If you are able to edit your post, then it possible to insert the correct quote.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

MMO report is such a joke of a show.. That dude think hes funny? Not at all.. and mail bag.,. i never see him read one and try to answer it, show sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    isnt it: "Come at me bro" ?
    It all depends. Both are frequently used.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    If you are able to edit your post, then it possible to insert the correct quote.
    Where's the fun in that. :P

I am getting a chuckle out of the 64 bit thing though... I know it's kind of a beta, but Bliz is really going about it pretty strangely. It's make more sense if they actually had more information on it out to the public.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

SSD for 1$ / GB in which paradise contry is it? Oh right, the USA, the land of half prices for IT equipment, devices, gadgets. It's more like in 2-2.5$ / GB in Europe, so SSD's still are prohibitive for the average Joe... the gain does not justify the cost just yet.

Amazing pictures!

Deleted
    @chaud my proposal of marriage is still open

A 750watt power supply to run an i7 2600K with a single GTX 570? Even with overclocking, that's overkill by 200watts. Try the Antec BP550 and save $75.
    ...And once again with the razer favoritism. You definitely must be getting bribed to list this shit. Razer is overpriced good-looking garbage. The only high end gear they have is outclassed by any other company at a cheaper price. The G700 isn't even mentioned... And the razer naga? Sure, you got a few more buttons. Do you really think it's going to be easy to use your thumb to control this mouse AND have an easy time pressing "2" and "11"? And compare that to simply using shift+ctrl+alt modifiers? It's too many buttons, no matter how pro you think you are, you are just inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by RadGH View Post
    A 750watt power supply to run an i7 2600K with a single GTX 570? Even with overclocking, that's overkill by 200watts. Try the Antec BP550 and save $75.
    ...And once again with the razer favoritism. You definitely must be getting bribed to list this shit. Razer is overpriced good-looking garbage. The only high end gear they have is outclassed by any other company at a cheaper price. The G700 isn't even mentioned... And the razer naga? Sure, you got a few more buttons. Do you really think it's going to be easy to use your thumb to control this mouse AND have an easy time pressing "2" and "11"? And compare that to simply using shift+ctrl+alt modifiers? It's too many buttons, no matter how pro you think you are, you are just inefficient.
    Unless you are using the Razer Naga yourself, you don't know what you are talking about. I'm using it on a daily basis, where all 14 buttons is used without any problems what so ever. It will take you about 2 days to learn to use it. After that, you can't go away from it.

I never noticed all those computer component links are amazon reseller links. I can only imagine how much back end cash on impulse buys that brings into Curse.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we get 64bit version, which is great, only to remove it again or else we can't play..
    well I guess I'll just quit playing again until 64bit is up, because as well all know, 32 bit is way way way last century and does not fit with most PC's anymore, because.. well, we're in 2012 and most people have 64bit CPU's..

golfclap @ blizzard devs.

Deleted
    That's some amazing fan art !

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
    You dig through for D3 strings? 4.3.3 should add support for D3 realid, maybe even battletag stuff. going forward D3 is suppose to be tested with cross platform operation with wow. B13 of D3 added support for this, then 4.3.3 hit ptr i figured it would have echoed this support no? not relevent now,, but to support it in 4.3.3 would mean compatible with D3 at launch, without needing another wow patch. that's what i figured 4.3.3 was for (asside from teh stuff you mentioned)
    It seems that D3 realid support was added to Wow long time ago.

Hope they will get 64 bit working with 4.3.3

New Ivy Bridge CPUs from Intel are rumored to be released in April still, so if you are not in a hurry they will be a nice upgrade from Sandy Bridge. The current motherboards should support the new CPUs.
    The new ivy bridge is delayed till june as of todays latest news. main reason is that a lot of retailers are still stuck wit alot of unsold sandy bridge processors / laptops with sandy bridge (due to the trouble the sandy bridge had at start), and with this delay intel wants to give those companies time to sell their stock. This might hopefully mean a lowering in price of the sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Puro View Post
    So we get 64bit version, which is great, only to remove it again or else we can't play..
    well I guess I'll just quit playing again until 64bit is up, because as well all know, 32 bit is way way way last century and does not fit with most PC's anymore, because.. well, we're in 2012 and most people have 64bit CPU's..

golfclap @ blizzard devs.
    That support article doesn't tell the full story.

For every build we've had for the PTR there has been an occupying 64 bit client.

It's just that they haven't worked out the bits in the back end to enable the 64 bit client to be updated once a new patch is pushed out. I've seen this happen on the 4.3.3 PTR - you have to remove the 64 bit client to get it to update properly otherwise it throws up an internal error.

What the support article doesn't tell you is you have to go to a sticky in the Tech Support forums to find the latest version of the 64 bit client.

It's not currently in the sticky for the 64 bit client in the Tech Support forums because , well 4.3.3 hasn't gone live yet. I suspect once they do so there will be a 64 bit client for 4.3.3

That support article needs to be updated to tell people that if they wish to use the 64 bit client after upgrading to go to the tech support forums to grab a new version of the 64 bit client.

I really hope there's an update to the 64-bit client. I've grown rather attached to how smooth the whole game runs.