Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    sword and board + greatsword

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    For those of you who were not sure just how in depth the gear customization go I just thought I would provide these links.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Runes

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Jewels

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Crests

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Marks

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Talismans

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Sigils

The first 5 apply to different types of gear, sigils apply to weapons.

When combined with the variety of traits & builds they should have an insane amount of customization, & allow you to make up for stats you wouldn't get because you had to have a particular talent or trait.

Edit

They also stated that the stats on your gear can be completely allocated & changed to whatever you want (similar to reforging).
    Are Crests, Marks, and Talismans still in? I notice the wiki page for each lists them as 'upgrade components' but the page for upgrade components only lists Runes, Sigils and Jewels.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_component

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    Are Crests, Marks, and Talismans still in? I notice the wiki page for each lists them as 'upgrade components' but the page for upgrade components only lists Runes, Sigils and Jewels.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were removed and all combined into Runes. They were pretty much the same thing just for the different armor types I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post

Sigils & runes are still in for sure, (sigils for weapons & runes for armor) but the crests & talismans were just rolled into runes.

As for jewels, there still in by the looks of it, they just changed them to be a component for creating runes.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the sake of discussion: What role do you see the Guardian in in 5v5 PvP? Or more to the point: how will you play yours?

My Guardian will be heavy on Support and Control, so I'll be spending most of my time with at least one ally nearby, and mostly on capture points (either defending or assaulting). My biggest problem will be being harassed on my way to those points, but I plan on taking Judge's Intervention to alleviate that somewhat.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I'll probably be trying to balance damage and support, with something like 60% damage and 40% support.

With the traits that are ingame now Ill probably use this build. Lots of healing!

from guildwars2pc: "The Guardian is more specialized in granting buffs to allies and inflicting some conditions. You find that Guardians do minimal direct damage because they are so proficient in damage prevention but they have the capabilities with their Spirit Weapons."

are you worried that while you kill one mob, other professions kill two or three?
    do you think the gap in damage between professions wont be that big?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    are you worried that while you kill one mob, other professions kill two or three?
    Nope because while other professions might have to take on targets individually, the guardian will be able to handle an extra mob or two and still do alright. Also, don't forget that conditions are rarely considered direct damage and that every 5th hit causes a burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

And why not kill mobs with friends? Its an MMORPG afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Nope because while other professions might have to take on targets individually, the guardian will be able to handle an extra mob or two and still do alright. Also, don't forget that conditions are rarely considered direct damage and that every 5th hit causes a burn.
    This. Even though some of the press beta players haven't exactly been stellar, I've seen videos that make me think Guardians are capable of soloing quite well. They have so many absorb and light healing abilities, they seem to take little to no damage against regular mobs 1v1. I would imagine that if playing solo, it would probably be best to try and take on a few mobs at a time. Other classes may be able to burst individual mobs down quicker to take less damage, or even blow them up before they take any damage, but they might also have more difficulty taking on multiple targets and/or adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    And why not kill mobs with friends? Its an MMORPG afterall.
    Agreed! With so many abilities that improve the damage/survivability of not only himself but others, the Guardian is especially suited to shine in group situations; friends or strangers alike.

I'll be using the hammer mainly (hopefully the HoM one if I get it completed!)

http://www.gw2tools.com/#t-g-pfXfScZ...aaYaacVZaZbZWY

Spirit weapons spam and burning damage focused build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    from guildwars2pc: "The Guardian is more specialized in granting buffs to allies and inflicting some conditions. You find that Guardians do minimal direct damage because they are so proficient in damage prevention but they have the capabilities with their Spirit Weapons."

do you think the gap in damage between professions wont be that big?

From what I have seen & read it all depends on how you spend your traits, stat points & what gear you use and that applies to almost every class.

Granted you will be hard pressed to find a guardian build that doesn't have some sort of support for allies but if you want to focus on damage you should be pretty competitive.

All in all however from what I have seen of the interviews the designers & testers are saying that it's best to hybridize & not focus to much on any one thing. That's because while you can go the uber specialization route & max out your DPS, support, survivability ext... doing so will make you very inflexible & thus not able to handle things if the situation changes.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 05:13 PM ----------

As for what Build I'll be using.

http://www.gw2tools.com/#t-g-kpfafbZ...aaYaaZaaabdWZY

For the 2ndary weapon set I'll use sword + focus for when I need offense & mace + torch when I need defense, I'll also be sure to macro my merc keyboard so I can switch on the fly when out of combat.

As for what stats I'll go for, it will primarily be 1: precision, 2: malice & then either prowess or something to increase vitality or toughness depending just on how well my survivability is.

Either way the build should do quite a decent amount of damage, especially via burning effects. It should also prevent quite a bit of incoming damage via blind effects.
    And lets not forget the retaliation effects that should make me a beloved part of any group & hated by enemies due to my damage reflection effects.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I have a question about virtue of courage. Do you all think that this be good for solo leveling and for pvp? I've played a tank in 3 mmos now, and I want to try guardian in this game, but I was wondering how good this virtue is going to be for do things other than group support.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So I have a question about virtue of courage. Do you all think that this be good for solo leveling and for pvp? I've played a tank in 3 mmos now, and I want to try guardian in this game, but I was wondering how good this virtue is going to be for do things other than group support.
    In solo-play it will be a nice perk or something to activate in order to survive a big hit. In PvP it will be a pretty tactical tool. People will try to bait you in blocking a minor hit and follow up with a larger one.

At least, that's how I see it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Did any of you stumble upon new guardian videos from this latest beta? I must admit, I saw a ranger one and it really got my attention. Now I need something to bring me back to the light!

Deleted
    I have to stay Guardian is one of my favourite professions after playing one. I wasn't even considering one until I gave it ago.

It's very unique in the way it works too. Lots of defensive capabilities aswell as offensive, been able to swap from a good damage dealer to a defensive controller on the fly was amazing, making me consider playing one as a main. Very powerful group buffs make you a real support player too so if you like that style Guardian is a no brainer.

You might have the lowest health but if you setup your character right you're a pain in the arse to kill. You have more healing than some most of the professions also, passive healing from Virtue, your heal, any utilities you choose that have a heal effect aswell.

I went into PvP with this setup and felt quite godly.
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...hho9emk2d00000

(Traits aren't up to date on that site so can't show you those which I used.)

I am still confused why they wouldn;t just combine the 1st and 2nd skill of the hammer guardian. They already did that with the mesmer (if you don;t already know, the mesmers 1st skill [applies random debuffs] and 2nd skill [shoots a orb that chains and applies random debuffs/buffs] were combined), I would think that an big grand aoe slam is already the third chained skill of the hammer (and a little fact checking showed that it was). I would love to see an aoe cripple instead, or maybe an aoe stun much like the warrior has... that way it still is very defensive, but has some potential for that offensive power... rather than just being a bland aoe.

BTW before you ask what they are... cause I <3 you guys ..... here is a link to the skills (plus you can critique my build)

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...aa6f6g6p7c7k7u
    Last edited by Cassandrea; 2012-03-27 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamos View Post
    Did any of you stumble upon new guardian videos from this latest beta? I must admit, I saw a ranger one and it really got my attention. Now I need something to bring me back to the light!
    I haven't seen any guardian dedicated videos yet but I did see in a write up that one of the elites for you guys got changed. I think it was the big bubble that got changed (I have to fine the article again).

Edit:
    From a guildwarsinsider staff member:
    I think they replaced Sanctuary with a new Elite - Renewed Focus: Focus making you invulnerable and recharging all your virtues on a 135s recharge (obviously my complaining that Guardian elites were too immobile paid off)
    Looking back at it the guy doesn't seem absolutely positive so I'm not sure how to take it.
    Last edited by PonyCannon; 2012-03-27 at 10:13 PM.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky