Page 80 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Still got some problems about how I should trait.

This is pretty much how I have been traiting since I got my Greatsword, and now I got problems putting my Greatsword behind since it's special! *Ahem*

Though it feels like the Zeal trait line is somewhat ''meh'', but i'm unsure how to trait. I don't know if I should trait more like helping allies and such, or go for critical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I was starting to wonder that because I popped it on some boss event (like the shaman in the Norn starting zone) and I noticed only I was being de-buffed from the chill condition.
    In other sketchiness, I'm noticing that the traitline Radiance / Inner Fire actually isn't granting fury, or at least the game doesn't show it as a boon when you use a torch / Zealot's Flame.

Is this happening for anyone else?

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Though it feels like the Zeal trait line is somewhat ''meh'', but i'm unsure how to trait. I don't know if I should trait more like helping allies and such, or go for critical damage.
    Probably depends on how you spend most of your time playing, and what your style preference is.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hammer-change: The trait is rather "meh". While I'd like an extra Chill in my PvP build, I don't see this being reliable to use.
    The Shield-trait change was a nice improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    This is the build i'm currently running in sPvP. I'm an absolute killing machine with this setup, and I recommend people give it a whirl. http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/gua...0|21080|21080|

Obviously it's not for everyone, but I've had huge amounts of success with this.
    I don't know about the build. You're channeling a lot of traits into different skills, which make it feel inconsistent. You're using three traits for your one Spirit Weapon.
    Also, Zeal is rather meaningless if you're not getting Symbols. But that's probably more a problem with Zeal than with your build.
    For my own-crit based sPvP build I put a lot more traits into Valor for the extra critical damage. Almost all my attacks crit with the build, so I figured I might as well focus on it. It also gives me an excuse to not take Zeal.
    Still got some problems about how I should trait.

This is pretty much how I have been traiting since I got my Greatsword, and now I got problems putting my Greatsword behind since it's special! *Ahem*

Though it feels like the Zeal trait line is somewhat ''meh'', but I'm unsure how to trait. I don't know if I should trait more like helping allies and such, or go for critical damage.
    The Zeal-line is terrible and has been since it's conception. I really can't see why it hasn't been changed.
    Also, you're putting a lot of points in Symbols for using only one weapon that uses it.
    But on a bigger scale, you can trait however you want. You can't really go wrong. If you like to damage, focus on Power and crit-chance/-damage, if you prefer more support; just do that.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure, if you're going to trait for symbols, you should try to have two of them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I figure, if you're going to trait for symbols, you should try to have two of them.
    That's how I feel about Symbols, Signets, Spirit Weapons, Consecrations and Meditations.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone follow the official (Guardian) forum? I find the place depressing.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I've been lurking more in the Thief forum, but that one isn't any less depressing. Typical forum curse of consisting primarily of the vocal minority.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    @Hammer-change: The trait is rather "meh". While I'd like an extra Chill in my PvP build, I don't see this being reliable to use.
    The Shield-trait change was a nice improvement.

I don't know about the build. You're channeling a lot of traits into different skills, which make it feel inconsistent. You're using three traits for your one Spirit Weapon.
    Also, Zeal is rather meaningless if you're not getting Symbols. But that's probably more a problem with Zeal than with your build.
    For my own-crit based sPvP build I put a lot more traits into Valor for the extra critical damage. Almost all my attacks crit with the build, so I figured I might as well focus on it. It also gives me an excuse to not take Zeal.

The Zeal-line is terrible and has been since it's conception. I really can't see why it hasn't been changed.
    Also, you're putting a lot of points in Symbols for using only one weapon that uses it.
    But on a bigger scale, you can trait however you want. You can't really go wrong. If you like to damage, focus on Power and crit-chance/-damage, if you prefer more support; just do that.
    Have you played with the hammer? It's absolutely nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Hammer is "nuts" to be sure, but this change isn't really... that great.

We can now apply Chill for 4 seconds with our Hammer! When we crit. Well, half the time we crit. Once every 45 seconds.

I would rather have it be a knockdown. If we're going to get the ability to apply Chill, it needs to be something we can control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I've been lurking more in the Thief forum, but that one isn't any less depressing. Typical forum curse of consisting primarily of the vocal minority.
    I've stuck to the Guardian forum, but they just keep creating new threads whining about the same issues. And they don't like Rifles...
    I'd really wish MMO-champ would broaden its reach, but with GW2Guru as p]In PvE I typically hit all the melee players since they'll be behind the mobs while I'm in front (that's why it was designed that way).art of Curse as well, it's probably not going to happen. I'd really like a proper Guardian forum.
    I've played with it extensively (it's my go-to weapon in sPvP) and I loved it more than I could have ever imagined. I hated it during the beta, but now I'm fighting the urge to yell at people on the official forums who want to change the Hammer.
    It's just that the trait is "meh". It's a random effect that you don't really want to be random. And it seems they're really worried about it being overpowered, with all the ifs it has. I feel like they needed a quick trait to replace the Shield one, but couldn't test enough.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Disagree. It's very good to go 20 points in Zeal for Greatsword PvE. 4 stacks of vulnerability on multiple mobs is huge. And if you take the -20% cooldowns on two-handed weapon skills trait in Honor, you can keep it up pretty often. The problem is that nothing else that uses symbols is structured for dealing damage with those symbols or favors using them on allies compared to enemies.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone follow the official (Guardian) forum? I find the place depressing.
    It's not as bad as it could be. Though I haven't checked in the last few days.

Disagree. I tend to agree with the guardian forum more in this regard. It just feels clunky and immobile. That wouldn't be so bad if it could have a bigger impact to make up for immobility, but it doesn't and the damage is too easy to avoid.

I feel similarly about staff. It's decent in situations that can make use of the last 3 skills, but they're too situational and the first two skills aren't good enough to pull it ahead. Not to mention, it feels completely gimped unless you're in a larger group. A lot of this probably comes from the skills lacking versatility. If you look at the Mesmer's group speed buff (on the focus), it's so much more versatile than Symbol of Swiftness. In addition, the staff has a lot of mediocre offensive utility, but lacks offensive power itself.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Hammer is "nuts" to be sure, but this change isn't really... that great.

We can now apply Chill for 4 seconds with our Hammer! When we crit. Well, half the time we crit. Once every 45 seconds.

I would rather have it be a knockdown. If we're going to get the ability to apply Chill, it needs to be something we can control.
    Pretty much this. I'd also like to see the ICD of it be a tad lower than 45 sec in PvE.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    I'd prefer it if the chill trait made ring of warding instant, or remove the root component so you can actually catch a target with it.

Or even better make it baseline. Otherwise hammer is awesome

Deleted
    The only other weapon I could go with is Hammer or Scepter(?) if I want another symbol, which I don't at the moment. Hammer for PvE doesn't feel right, scepter might be the better choice. I do understand that hammer got a lot of control that might be useful in PvE, but it's not really a weapon I would love to use.

I wish there were symbols in the utility skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    Disagree. It's very good to go 20 points in Zeal for Greatsword PvE. 4 stacks of vulnerability on multiple mobs is huge. And if you take the -20% cooldowns on two-handed weapon skills trait in Honor, you can keep it up pretty often. The problem is that nothing else that uses symbols is structured for dealing damage with those symbols or favors using them on allies compared to enemies.

It's not as bad as it could be. Though I haven't checked in the last few days.

Disagree. I tend to agree with the guardian forum more in this regard. It just feels clunky and immobile. That wouldn't be so bad if it could have a bigger impact to make up for immobility, but it doesn't and the damage is too easy to avoid.

I feel similarly about staff. It's decent in situations that can make use of the last 3 skills, but they're too situational and the first two skills aren't good enough to pull it ahead. Not to mention, it feels completely gimped unless you're in a larger group. A lot of this probably comes from the skills lacking versatility. If you look at the Mesmer's group speed buff (on the focus), it's so much more versatile than Symbol of Swiftness. In addition, the staff has a lot of mediocre offensive utility, but lacks offensive power itself.
    I meant the Spirit Weapon Hammer, I should have clarified.

Since that post I've also stepped away completely from the Zeal line, since the traits there weren't giving me what I had expected. Put them into other stuff instead.

Be interested to know what stats to focus on when I start getting Orange Gear. Was looking and Knight's seems to have Guardian-like stats. But would appreciate any experience people have had with builds and gear so far.

I would like to get gear that is kind of all-rounder and maybe change its focus by changing the jewellery.

Most of the time I have run Rad/Valor build but am open for suggestions. Interested in both pvp and pve, including dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Be interested to know what stats to focus on when I start getting Orange Gear. Was looking and Knight's seems to have Guardian-like stats. But would appreciate any experience people have had with builds and gear so far.

I would like to get gear that is kind of all-rounder and maybe change its focus by changing the jewellery.

Most of the time I have run Rad/Valor build but am open for suggestions. Interested in both pvp and pve, including dungeons.

Knight would be your best choice unless you want to run some condition build. I'm running full berserker since I feel like 2400 armor and Monk's Focus are enough for my survivability (running 10/25/30/0/5). As long as the mob doesn't hit over 10.8k damage in one single strike with no warning whatsoever, I can live with my small hp pool.

Knight's gear isn't the best since it's primary stat is Toughness. If I was low on toughness, I would consider using some of it, but not go overboard. You want to have a decent balance of Toughness and Vitality. Toughness reduces direct damage you take and adds up over time, but Vitality lets you live longer against condition damage and has a more immediate impact. If you want to be more survivable, go heavier on toughness and vitality (look for "Soldier" items that have power, toughness, vitality such as the WvW gear). If you want damage, go with Berserker (power, precision, crit damage) or Explorer (power, precision, magic find) with maybe some Valkyrie (power, crit damage, vitality) if you need to boost vitality a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only other weapon I could go with is Hammer or Scepter(?) if I want another symbol, which I don't at the moment. Hammer for PvE doesn't feel right, scepter might be the better choice. I do understand that hammer got a lot of control that might be useful in PvE, but it's not really a weapon I would love to use.

I wish there were symbols in the utility skills.
    Mace has a symbol, not Scepter.

Scepter and Sword are the only two weapons to lack symbols. And really, I'm wishing they both had one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can live without the Sword having a Symbol, but the Scepter could stand to have one.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I can live without the Sword having a Symbol, but the Scepter could stand to have one.
    It's just really strange design, because of Zeal. Why doesn't Sword, say, have a Symbol that applies Weakness to enemies and, say, also applies Aegis to allies? Zealot's Defense still feels awkward to me, even if it is useful.
    I could see a Scepter symbol applying Blind or maybe Chill.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-20 at 03:31 PM.