[Movies] Grave of the Fireflies

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095327/

A tragic film covering a young boy and his little sister's struggle to survive in Japan during World War II.

I just saw this yesterday and I couldn't stop crying.I don't remember myself to have cried in movies, maybe a little bit but just 1-2 tears.
    yesterday I just keep crying even the movie was over! This is really a masterpiece and a "must see" movie..

just see it alone :P when I see movies with my girlfriend or my friends some always will make jokes to ruin the movie :P or I feel shame to cry and try to not get into the movie
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

When I watched this movie I was surprised I didn't shed a single tear. Especially considering I cried like a baby at the end of Toy Story 3..

Great movie though. Will definitely watch it again some time. Just like all the other Ghibli movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    brilliant movie, hands down Studi Ghibli's greatest work imo, Isao Takahata is grossly underrated. I have to leave like 6ish months between viewings of this movie, or my bodies moisture levels get way to low from all the crying.

True story, you're banned from mentioning this movie in the offices of Neo Magazine, as doing so tends to cause work to grind to a halt for the rest of the day, because everyone gets so down

and Papa, never be ashamed if movies make you cry, I'm a 26yo guy, and I weep like a bitch at movies ALL the time(latest one was Where the Wild things are).
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

and Papa, never be ashamed if movies make you cry, I'm a 26yo guy, and I weep like a bitch at movies ALL the time(latest one was Where the Wild things are).
    hehe I am 30yo and you are right but I still can't make it to leave myself free to cry on am movie especially when I watch it with my gf :P
    Haven't seen the movie you mentioned but i ll put in my list :P as I said in most movies I always have 1-2 tears and once the movie is over, its ok then..but this one, I can think about it before I sleep at night and cry again..

When I watched this movie I was surprised I didn't shed a single tear. Especially considering I cried like a baby at the end of Toy Story 3..
    maybe you didn't get into the story so much :P sometimes happens to me too..to see a movie while I am very tired or I get constantly disrupted by phone calls..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    It is a beautiful movie, but I seriously would not recommend this movie to anyone who is feeling low in any way before watching the film, as it will leave you feeling thoroughly moved and, potentially, emotionally devastated afterwards.

If you somehow didn't cry, after the movie is over rewatch the first 5 minutes, and realize whats happening...
    Also there is a live action movie version, haven't seen it yet myself though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    hehe I am 30yo and you are right but I still can't make it to leave myself free to cry on am movie especially when I watch it with my gf :P
    Haven't seen the movie you mentioned but i ll put in my list :P as I said in most movies I always have 1-2 tears and once the movie is over, its ok then..but this one, I can think about it before I sleep at night and cry again..
    but dude! crying in front of the GF is a ticket to INSTANT win! (unless your GF is into manly rugged alpha males, in which case probably not ) girls dig the whole 'sensitive guy' thing, my last GF, I had her over, watched... can't remember what it was, but a sad film, both welled up at the end.. BAMF, I was well in there

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Also there is a live action movie version, haven't seen it yet myself though.
    That is just going to be awful... Anime to live action is ALWAYS bad (I'm looking at you fist of the North Star!)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I saw this movie many years ago and I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks

Uh oh. I was just looking for a new movie to watch.... sounds interesting, but horribly depressing. What have you guys done!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    First and only time you'd have seen 3 20 yr olds having to choke back tears after watching a film. Had the other 2 not been there id have crumpled imto a sobbing mess.
    If anyone wants to watch a great film and is due a cry give this a try for sure!