Thread: Demonology Help

Deleted

Demonology Help

Hello there.

I am not sure if I am making the most out of my gear, I usually win the dps in my guild on standstill bosses (like ultraxion). I know that my dps is "enough" but i want to find out if there is a way that i can squish out even more to help out my guilds progress.

We reasently killed ultraxion but we had a pretty hard time doing so. I was just thinking if someone could take a look at the logs and see if there is something that i can try to improve on.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2347&e=2690

Armory is in my sig, although dont look at the reforges becouse I'm switching between Destro and Demo reforges depending on the fight and I'm Destro forged atm. As demo I reforge hit 1742> Haste 1993> mastery.

Deleted
    Unless I am mistaken/world of logs is bugging out, you didnt actually use your doomguard for the Ultrax kill? 7-8% more damage right there!

Other than that, I can't really fault you, really good uptime on all your dots - possibly find a better DI target as you only had 80% uptime on that. Make sure you have simmed your character to confirm that the Incinerate spec is actually better for you. I have similar gear and its actually a loss for me, so I stay with the shadowbolt spec (easier for my high latency anyway!).

Armoury is currently down so I cant check the gear.

//zee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    Unless I am mistaken/world of logs is bugging out, you didnt actually use your doomguard for the Ultrax kill? 7-8% more damage right there!

Other than that, I can't really fault you, really good uptime on all your dots - possibly find a better DI target as you only had 80% uptime on that. Make sure you have simmed your character to confirm that the Incinerate spec is actually better for you. I have similar gear and its actually a loss for me, so I stay with the shadowbolt spec (easier for my high latency anyway!).

Armoury is currently down so I cant check the gear.

//zee
    I am actually not quite sure if I used doomguard but I am assuming it sence I peaked pretty high in the beginning. My DI target is a SP with 4 pice, so he is mindspiking and mindblasting when his fiend is up. Is it more beneficial for the raid if I put DI on our healing druid?

For the incinerate spec, I havn't really simmed for it, but after the result of that bosskill (it was the first time i played incinerate spec with proper reforges) I could see shadowbolt being better actually. Think i will have to sim it. I have 396 ilvl with legendary.

edit: On a cloaser look I can't have used my doomguard that attempt, the initial dps differs way too much from the first couple of trys. Thank you for pointing that out to me, I wouldn't have noticed because I assumed that i used it. Time to make a power aura to prevent me from ever forgetting that again
    Last edited by mmoca678956ff3; 2012-02-27 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    I am actually not quite sure if I used doomguard but I am assuming it sence I peaked pretty high in the beginning. My DI target is a SP with 4 pice, so he is mindspiking and mindblasting when his fiend is up. Is it more beneficial for the raid if I put DI on our healing druid?

For the incinerate spec, I havn't really simmed for it, but after the result of that bosskill (it was the first time i played incinerate spec with proper reforges) I could see shadowbolt being better actually. Think i will have to sim it. I have 396 ilvl with legendary.

edit: On a cloaser look I can't have used my doomguard that attempt, the initial dps differs way too much from the first couple of trys. Thank you for pointing that out to me, I wouldn't have noticed because I assumed that i used it. Time to make a power aura to prevent me from ever forgetting that again
    While putting DI on a restodruid would be beneficial to your personal DPS, it would be a loss in raid DPS - which this fight is largely about. Now, putting DI on a healer is never the wrong choice if said healer/healers are struggling with keeping people alive due to the immense healing required, however, you shouldn't do it for DPS.

Shadow priests are what you should be using your DI on; however, Reyna only managed ~80% uptime on her dots which is why your uptime on DI ended up as low.
    Adelee on the other hand is at 95%+ on all her dots, I'd suggest putting DI on him/her.
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2012-02-27 at 01:51 PM. Reason: YOU'RE =/= YOUR DAMNIT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    While putting DI on a restodruid would be beneficial to your personal DPS, it would be a loss in raid DPS - which this fight is largely about. Now, putting DI on a healer is never the wrong choice if said healer/healers are struggling with keeping people alive due to the immense healing required, however, you shouldn't do it for DPS.

Shadow priests is what you should be using your DI on; however, Reyna only managed ~80% uptime on her dots which is why you're uptime on DI ended up as low.
    Adelee on the other hand is at 95%+ on all her dots, I'd suggest putting DI on him/her.
    You sir have a point.

Deleted
    I get lucky sometimes.