Deleted

Profanity Filter Pls Help

Hi, can someone please advise me how to enable the Profanity Filter for world of warcraft, i bought the game for my son at xmas he is 13 yrs old, and i am sick of people using foul language, and swearing at him just because he is new to the game, they should just kick him from a group instead of completely insulting him with disgusting words, it is affecting him enjoying his game, and he gets very upsett, i have already reported people allowing gm to read the chat, i have tried selecting the spam filter but after the restarting the game swearing appears again in the chat, so what am i doing wrong? thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be automatically enabled. If not. Menu --> Interface --> Social --> Filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    It should be automatically enabled. If not. Menu --> Interface --> Social --> Filter.
    ^this

there are also parental controls that you can activate, I believe at battle.net (blizzard's site), that will allow you to have some control over the game (like making sure he doesn't turn the filter off again and making sure he doesn't play when you don't want him to (like 3 a.m.)

Unfortunately the profanity filter will only filter out the correct spelling of words.
    Many players who are intent on sharing their stupidity with as many as possible will intentionally mispell words or otherwise change them to get them round the filter.
    Just something to be aware of, in that the filter while certainly a help is not a fail-safe.

Advise him to pick "Ignore" when right-clicking a player who is abusing him in a dungeon. Not only does it permanently ignore anything that player says, but it also prevents him from EVER being placed with that player again in a dungeon.

In addition if it gets bad enough (and he knows the dungeon and doesn't need anyone to tell him what to do or anything) he can leave party chat but that is not recommended.

The filter is a good place to start but like someone above said it is not 100%, since then it'd censor darn near everything that even "looked" like a swear, which I'm glad it doesn't since I used to go on forums were you couldn't say "grass."