Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I understand the love for spriest, best spec in wow. But, just spriest doesn't cut it if there's nothing interesting to do with them (inquisitor in Rift, a bit similar *hint hint*).

I got bored of not same regular updates as I'm used to. I started reading about other games and after our guild died we left. Felt no need for christmas patch and LFR, and now I got 7-days free so I dont even have to pay for it but I'm still not logging in. We watched streamed blizzcon about MoP, but no... that x-pac doesn't appeal at all. With currently Rift that provides good quality updates for less money and more regular than wow, I'm having a blast. And how many of us aren't hyped over GW2? So... moving on.

I read on this forum, because it's a game I spent a lot of time in... since end of TBC. But I find myself spending less time in here as well, because... well not much seems to happen =)

I started at WOTLK, it was really fantastic and I was very excited about cata, but it was a huge disappointment, it did not have a serious, dark feeling, what I had expected, it rather was a boring fairy tale with billion idiotic drakes and with a lot of grinding.

And things seems to become even worse, pandas must be a joke. I was thinking of returning till I found out details from mists, now it is 100% sure I won't.

Also always hated:
    - the grinding side
    - the time-sink model, blizz does not let you advance faster
    - you must be in a guild and raid with idiots in order to advance
    - guild leaders thinking they are so good and important

I have huge expectations with guild wars 2, as it seems to address all of the issues above, I definietly will give it a shot.

You log on, then you have a look of the mini check list for things you "need to do" for the week or day, all of which make logging on so repetative and dull that you question your motive for logging on, soon you notice you're logging on less, then you realise that you dont miss it, then you end up barely log on, then you cancel your sub.

WoWs current model is too repetative killing the same bosses every week is one thing but... I liked logging on not knowing what I'd be doing and who with outside of guild raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Glol View Post
    I quit because of the "I pay my $15 per month, so I deserve to see everything" mentality that both Bliz and a large portion of the playerbase has adopted - and of course the changes that have resulted from it.

What people who make this argument fail to realize is that there never was anything blocking them from accessing content that they paid for. If they didn't have the skill or time necessary to get that skill/adequately prepare to take on the top level content, that's their issue. Play another game. MMOs are not for you.

It's the same way with any other game, although more relevant in the context of a MMO because of the continued, dynamic addition of content that essentially gives you a certain time frame in which to complete the content at its intended difficulty. Just because I paid for Mass Effect, as an example, doesn't mean that if I get stuck, I get to turn on the "I paid for this faceroll switch," because it doesn't exist. As it shouldn't. That defeats the purpose of a game, as it has managed to do in WoW.

You may make the counter argument that there is still hard content, that I am not forced into doing ez mode stuff if I don't want to. But a large part of the greatness of WoW, and any game that takes a large investment of time and skill, was the reward and being able to show it off, be impressed with it yourself and with other people. I will likely be written off as someone who is a "special snowflake," but those who make that argument fail to understand what it was to be one and likely don't have the time or skill to attain it...which is fine, but don't ruin what people loved about the game in the process, play something else. Don't antagonize people who favor the gratification of working towards a goal as opposed to the current state of WoW - instant gratification.
    Preach it brother There is no reward for fourth place let alone last place.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

I quit because of a number of reasons.

• I liked having only 1 difficulty level, it was much easier to compare yourself to other people, and instead of having hard/normal mode, you had current/previous raid tiers.
    • In the abovementioned setting, I liked always be 1-2month behind the high end guilds in boss progressions like in vanilla, so i could drool over their gear and want it - heart pounding every time some new and delicious epic item dropped and you had to do the DKP-auction-battle.
    • For the above reason, i dont like how easily obtainable epics have become, even if they have a slightly lower ilvl & display, they still ruin the excitement of showing off your hard earned gear.
    • I don't like the social impact caused on the community by LFD/LFR and this whole instant-grafitication ideaology.
    • I don't like how Blizzard promised my dream scenario of more endgame content in smaller portions, but at a steady pace, and failed miserably to deliver on that.

What it all boils down to, more or less, is that Blizzard has stopped putting in an effort and instead is widening their scope with more localizations of the game and other cheap tricks like the annual pass, all in an effort min/max profits.

But most important of all. To me, Blizzard as a brand has lost all value... I no longer look at the Blizzard logo and make assumptions at how great a game must be simply because its a Blizzard game.

Take Diablo3 for example, ive been craving that game for the last 3 years. Now that its close, they go ahead and announce they are going to shorten its lifespan by making part of the AH based on real money. A discussion for another time and thread perhaps. But one that I am sure will arise at around Diablo3's one year anniversary.

I quit (well, for now) WoW for the same reason I stop playing any of my favorite games. I get burnt out and need a break. So I stop playing for several months. Or in this case, until MoP is released.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what I posted in another thread a while back where the exact same question were asked;

"I quit because I got WotLK vibes from the game after 4.2. Even more so after the Firelands nerfs. I hated, and still hate, WotLK endgame with a passion. There are still great things about WoW, but I have no motivation to play this setup, and completed the majority of the non-endgame related content during WotLK. I ran out of things to do when they tore appart Cataclysm endgame aswell for me.

Cataclysm started out really great, I'd rank it pretty much as good as TBC was. Sadly, that didn't last more than about half a year.

To put it simple, I prefer the model where you progress through the tiers the TBC way with reasonable difficulty. The reason why I liked the start of Cataclysm was due to this, there were no other tiers released to interfere with my gameplay. I hate how you only have a few months pr. raid instance before blizzard decide to downgrade it to an instance that might aswell have been from a previous expansion, removing any initiative to return at a later point while still being able to get a feel of the place. This isn't as bad with Cataclysm as it was with WotLK, but it's still there and this is the model they have stated they want to continue using. I cannot blame them, because obviously it must be what works for most, but it completely destroy my gaming experience, and until now they haven't been able to fit me back in.

I also have a problem with the fact that you have to go through normal mode to be able to progress in heroic. For world leading guilds, this hardly have an impact, because they will spend a lot less time farming normal mode than lesser skilled guilds which aren't necessarily bad either.

Challenge mode does look promising, and if they could expand that to raids it might solve my problem, but that is still a long time into the future.
    "

That's roughly why I quit.

I quit mainly because of op healing. Paladins, Druids...good players are almost impossible to kill. Priests and Shamans are killable, not matter the skill of ppl playing them. Sorry, healer should be squishy and be unable to survive a duel with dps or even tank. For me, healer is a support prolonging everybodys life but not making them immortal. ToR and War and Gw2 sorted this out.

I also get bored with constant "resets" (you know, new tier of items, its endless loop) and because of lack of RvR/WvWvW. Told Barad was a nice substitute, also Isle of Conquest, but still op healers are ruining my fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Elethiem View Post
    Also the annual pass was a way of confirming to me that Blizzard have no faith in the product they are selling, World of Warcraft, and would prefer to tie us to the game legally instead of providing content to keep us interested. No one gives away free games for nothing.
    I have to admit this was a tale tail sign of what you just described.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    I'm just like you... still subbed and still enjoying the game... so yes, we win

By the way... the "quitters" will always find excuses to be on these forums... it's so pitiful... just like if their lover/partner dumped them and they are still obsessed so they can't stop thinking about them even when theorically they do not have any valid reasons to be here (yes I win again)
    What's wrong with quitting WoW and remaining on the forums? This website is not exclusive to WoW and there are many sections that are generic or specific to other games.
    Putin khuliyo

After 5 years I destroyed my account for good. After having 8 85's I couldn't stand leveling another. However these are the main reasons that I quit wow.

1. LFR, it was great to experience the fights and everything. Unfortunately every toon I've ran with keeps getting ninja'd out of gear by people who already have it or using it to bargain for gear that they didn't have. I do realize that the point of LFR is to experience said fights, but being on a server that sucks so bad that DS 10 is hardly ran at all, really ruins acquiring gear and therefore LFR is my only option.

2. PVP, is just unbelievable. Horde just cannot hold a friggin base, cap a flag, or take down a gate. I lose literally 9 games out of 10 cause my team doesn't work together and ignores me when I try to play leader.

3. Guilds, why are they so impossible? I've joined 6 guilds in the past few months which have disbanded, had massive drama, and lost interest/inactivity. I used to have a great guild which had fun regardless of our sloppy efforts to progress through Firelands. And yet, this expansion just sucked the life out of everything that has left my previous guild to nothing but 3 people that log on 2 times a week at most.

Other than that, the only option that I had was to solo old raids which I will admit was fun.... for only a month. Till it became repetitive and just pointless after knowing I could solo it.

Cataclysm ruined it for me, I'm surprised I've lasted this long after 5 years. I remember the fun times where everything was fresh and there was fun to be had. It could've been me just being on the game for too long but honestly, I hate how stale everything has become to the point where it's unplayable for me. That and RL is kicking in and I needed to get rid of this once and for all so that I can hope to get a career and all that blah blah blah. It's been fun but now I've thrown in the towel, great memories for a great game that I once played.
    Last edited by XeroFx; 2012-02-28 at 04:38 PM.

Vanilla and bc where friggin horrible I dont get how ppl would want rogues to stun luck u forever with fish weapons and shamans 1 shotting people because yes.... Also the talents trees where super bad and most classes had to go cookie cutter because their actual spec sucked. SO please no don't talk about bc and vanilla. They have done miracles and panda fever will be one of em

I won

I did almost everything you could possibly do. Hard achievements, exploiting, privite gm servers, seeing unreleased areas first hand (such as downloading a expansion client and using a private server so see what was what), using unusable weapons (such as martin thunder), explored, did raiding with a hardcore guild, did arenas since bc, always finding new methods to afk battlegrounds, did the ironman challenge, played every class (most to 85, priest is a exception), did world pvp, became a zombie and formed a raid against my own city, became rich, got rare mounts, got some VERY rare hunter pets (as well as non-combat), and ect ect...

I have played the game backwards, forwards, upside down and downside up, I can't find anything else to do!

I quit for many reasons:

1.) This expansion was poorly done from an end-game point of view. Less bosses compared to previous expansions, fights are mostly forgettable or just rehashes of previous fights, and there isn't anything new in PvP (a new version of WSG, AB, and WG - more rehashes). Even a tier of heroic 5 mans was purely rehashed (ZG/ZA) and modified slightly.

2.) The leveling process is now a complete formality. There is no longer a challenge in soloing a group quest or working hard to defeat lower level instances. Most toons that I have brought up during this xpac can easily outdps my classic rogue in T1/T2 - and we're talking level 30-40 alts.

3.) I feel they have taken the "MMO" out of this game, to an extent. To see end-game content and have the best rewards the game can offer, all one needs to do is get into a 10 man. 25 mans have become obsolete, just as they eliminated 40 mans from classic. Its now even more difficult to find a dedicated group looking for a dps - less dps roles needed to field 5x 10 mans versus 2x 25 mans.

4.) Up until DS, 5 mans used to offer some challenge when they launched. DS 5 mans were steamrolled day 1 - not exactly fun when there isn't a challenge.

I just feel that Cata removed some things people loved (25 man raiding), did not contribute enough to end game, and focused too much on a leveling experience (revamp of azeroth) that is now just a formality with heirloom gear and lol 5 mans. The biggest things Cata added? Archaeology and guild levels - one almost everybody hates and the other did not add to the overall gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    nowadays, you get to eat the carrot every tier, thats when i started to realise i dont like carrots, i liked the chase.
    Haha. That is a nice way of saying it.

I've also got a thing for chasing. Content chasing was awesome. Too bad it doesn't exist anymore.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i quit cus of LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glol View Post
    I quit because of the "I pay my $15 per month, so I deserve to see everything" mentality that both Bliz and a large portion of the playerbase has adopted - and of course the changes that have resulted from it.

What people who make this argument fail to realize is that there never was anything blocking them from accessing content that they paid for. If they didn't have the skill or time necessary to get that skill/adequately prepare to take on the top level content, that's their issue. Play another game. MMOs are not for you.

It's the same way with any other game, although more relevant in the context of a MMO because of the continued, dynamic addition of content that essentially gives you a certain time frame in which to complete the content at its intended difficulty. Just because I paid for Mass Effect, as an example, doesn't mean that if I get stuck, I get to turn on the "I paid for this faceroll switch," because it doesn't exist. As it shouldn't. That defeats the purpose of a game, as it has managed to do in WoW.

You may make the counter argument that there is still hard content, that I am not forced into doing ez mode stuff if I don't want to. But a large part of the greatness of WoW, and any game that takes a large investment of time and skill, was the reward and being able to show it off, be impressed with it yourself and with other people. I will likely be written off as someone who is a "special snowflake," but those who make that argument fail to understand what it was to be one and likely don't have the time or skill to attain it...which is fine, but don't ruin what people loved about the game in the process, play something else. Don't antagonize people who favor the gratification of working towards a goal as opposed to the current state of WoW - instant gratification.
    You give a persuasive argument but I don't think people will stop calling you a special snowflake and we both know why. Games like wow are designed for players to get instant gratification nowadays (the majority of you cannot argue this).

If there are players who are seeking similar to WoW then I suggest RIFT, or try games like Aion (F2P now) and Tera. A great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    The fact you can't even see your own immaturity slightly disturbs me. In any case though, to your bold and underlined comment... That very process is sort of how you progress logically, physically, politically, etc, etc. It's how nations were formed and inventions were made. You discuss what was wrong with X model so you can have consolidated information to improve with. If you really want some good examples even in just American history of what I am talking about, look at the founding of the USA, the Civil War and Abolition of Slavery, or how about even more recently on SOPA? Should the internet have just stayed completely quiet about something that would have destroyed it because it was "a waste of time to talk about it"? I mean honestly, if you are going to come in spouting idiocy and constantly say you are 'winning', at least take that time to go get an education instead of wasting others time.
    Nobody will die just because WOW is not what they would want it to be... it's just a game, you either like the game or not... you can not compare the US civil war nor the slavery issues with a game... you're telling me that I'm immature yet you are comparing real life historical events with a game...

But anyway, I understand people trying to promote the changes they would like to be implemented in WOW, but they should do it on the official forums or by making a stand signed by all the people wanting those changes... but coming here, just to whine about how they don't like a game anymore and keeping on creating threads about the same over and over again knowing it will have no effect on the development of the game... if those threads will not have any impact on the game, those threads just become a bunch of useless whines... I shall repeat what I said before, that madness is just as pitiful as a stalker ex that is obsessed with their last partner and can't move on with their lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Your sig is so fitting yet so hilarious at the same time. You're like the kid who sits alone during lunch. Everyone thinks the kid is weird but he just thinks that he's so awesome that noone dares sit with him.
    You either see the glass half full or half empty... it's up to you
    Last edited by Moinaldo; 2012-02-29 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    I can't see any reason why to quit this game, it's so evolved that there's almost no dull moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was bored of the game a long time before I quit. But the main reason that finally made me retire my characters was GW2.