Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Stood in the Fire Halabash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    350
    simply there just comes a time when all things end and new things begin. WoW was a fine game when I started and a fine game when I left, it was that I who changed. I read the forums here just to keep an ear to the street for what's going on, I think one day ill come back (going on 2 years I haven't played).

  2. #162
    It was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, starting with the one year it took for Cata to come out so we only had ICC. I quit because World of Warcraft keeps changing directions and did not seem to have a focus on any particular area, it seemed like a petrie dish for 15 just-graduated developers to fight it out to implement their own ideas instead of having a cohesive strong direction. As a result, the game caters to everyone, no one, is hard, is easy, makes necessary changes to classes, makes no changes, etc etc.

    Example 1 Elemental Shaman have mediocre to low dps. The Elemental shaman t12 bonus came in which was very overpowered and then nerfed when Dragon Soul came out, showing the developers were happy to throw a bandaid solution to our dps, but cop out and make no further changes afterwards.
    Example 2 The drop rates for the legendary staff for Firelands made it almost mathematically impossible for 10 man guilds to barely obtain one until the player base pointed it out and changes were made. This should have been considered well in advance, especially for a game like Wow and the resources they have.
    Example 3 T11 was brutal. T12 was ok. T13 has 3 layers of difficulty. The lack of focus on catering for different play styles through the expansion led to frustration for a lot of people, I saw 80% of my friends disappear in the year before I quit.
    Example 4 The constant gear resets seemed to completely ignore all the effort that went into obtaining the gear I did get. There was nothing to acknowledge that work. While this has a constant feature in Wow for a few years, it gets old. Why bother trying to get the latest and greatest gear when all that time

    I started to see Wow as a job, one which encouraged overconsumption of content to reduce their costs and motivate people to keep logging in. I did not find the lore compelling compared to the previous 2 expansions. I didn't enjoy the new leveling experience, it was on the rails and ripped off popular culture which made a joke of the game rather than provide a compelling story.

    Also the annual pass was a way of confirming to me that Blizzard have no faith in the product they are selling, World of Warcraft, and would prefer to tie us to the game legally instead of providing content to keep us interested. No one gives away free games for nothing.

  3. #163
    The Patient Gibzombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    a carrot that you used to be able to eat once an expansion, right at the end before the new XP came out. (unless you were really good at chasing carrots)

    nowadays, you get to eat the carrot every tier, thats when i started to realise i dont like carrots, i liked the chase.
    This is pretty much why I quit. I started in April 06 (see sig). This was still vanilla but I was never end game til BC. Everything you did felt like an accomplishment. Hitting level cap, finishing a heroic, getting a new rep level, getting a few more profession points, downing a raid boss, etc. I was never hardcore or in a top guild in BC. Pretty much anything you really wanted back then you knew would take a LOT of work generally. I remember being ecstatic getting my first piece of t5 even though BT had already been out for a while. It was the feeling of actual progression through raids that felt great. In my personal opinion, this was WoW in its prime.

    Wrath started out fun, but I quickly noticed the abrupt change in difficulty. I stuck it out on and off through wrath and generally had fun. Even more than the difficulty changing, this was when it became apparent the community was beginning it's decent to shameful. People began joining the game as it rose in popularity, and the graphics started becoming more outdated (cheaper computers could play it). Leveling, dungeons, heroics, gearing all became much easier. This brought in the people who loved instant gratification and anything that got in the way deserved to be ridiculed.

    I had high hopes for cata. I even began to fall in love with the game again. It was fairly challenging at first. People who were so used to LOLing through heroics/raids began to whine and even quit. Blizzard quickly nerfed heroics and the game quickly saddened me again. The raids were decent, but they still didn't feel captivating. After I realized Blizz was going to continue with the making previous tiers easy to get, I pretty much lost all interest in raiding, and eventually the game.

    I don't believe I got bored of the game. I could still have fun running around old areas and doing old raids when I was bored, even after 5 years. It just didn't feel like WoW anymore.
    Last edited by Gibzombie; 2012-02-28 at 05:42 AM.
    Who is kara and why are all 10 of us going to "raid" her?

    4/4/2006-6/24/2011

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I'm still subbed, and suprisingly still enjoying this game.

    Do I win? :3
    You win an award for not being able to read properly. You are entirely in the wrong thread.

  5. #165
    There is absolutely no fun challenge to it unless you reach max level and do the raiding thing. But when you can clear it in one 3 hour sitting that leaves me with nothing else to do since it's all boring.

    I would really like to be playing right now but there's nothing for me to do. Hopefully once they normalize EVERYTHING I can be entertained for longer periods..... maybe.

  6. #166
    When I quit (around Rift's release) it was due to hitting a 'wall' at endgame. On the server I was on at that time (Thorium Brotherhood) there was zero raiding going on, I was geared and ready for it, and just.....couldn't find a raiding guild.

    I know, I know. ThoBro is totally an RP server, and one of the worst in WoW for raiding, but I had RL friends there. They then quit shortly after trying the beta of this "OMFGEPICNEWMMO" named Rift. I, well, made fun of them for a week, till i tried the Open Beta, and got hooked myself.

    I came back for 4.3. It's fun, but I haven't cared to really raid since. Really, I haven't raided in any form (except LFR and old content) since getting stuck on Sindrigosa in ICC10 for 6 mos. No lie. I'm still thinking that kinda took the fun out of raiding......it's not very fun watching every week as my maaaagic betraaaays me....

    Sigh. I hate that boss so much.

    But idk how much longer I'll be around. Love my (new) guild and all, but GW2......

    toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

  7. #167
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    86
    The release of a different game that appealed to my fandom a bit more.

    WoW's... alright, but I've done what I intended to do, and I was doing it with greater rapidity in recent patches. I might come back for MoP, but at this time,I don't want to pay for 2 subs.

  8. #168
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Elethiem View Post
    I started to see Wow as a job, one which encouraged overconsumption of content to reduce their costs and motivate people to keep logging in. I did not find the lore compelling compared to the previous 2 expansions. I didn't enjoy the new leveling experience, it was on the rails and ripped off popular culture which made a joke of the game rather than provide a compelling story.

    Also the annual pass was a way of confirming to me that Blizzard have no faith in the product they are selling, World of Warcraft, and would prefer to tie us to the game legally instead of providing content to keep us interested. No one gives away free games for nothing.
    I agree about wow being a job but any mmo with a carrot chasing type of grinding system implemented will feel like a job. Heck I am quitting RIFT now because I feel its a job too, despite it being 100x better than WoW to me.

    Also the annual pass was a obvious thing to players. They could tell what Blizzard were doing. Although tons saw the annual pass as a helpful thing, like free Diablo 3 and less money on wow. Very foolish of them and ignorant of them for unable to see some of the marketing reasons why this happened.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

  9. #169
    The Patient Weiland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    217
    i've enjoyed wow for many years. I really enjoyed Kara-ICC .. during that time period there were plenty of 25man guilds still on roll when Wrath dropped and it held up pretty well and things just came apart in Cata. Didn't feel like finding or attempting to run a 25man focused guild. With the blizz blurring the line between 25 and 10man content in the upcomming MoP I really can't see myself returning.

  10. #170
    Stood in the Fire Rickarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    424
    I "Quit" because I got worn out. I still have my sub up, and pop on once in a while to talk to my guildies, but I haven't actually played in a couple months, since my guild stopped raiding, and my internet is too laggy to run LFR, and I really don't feel like pugging raids. Besides that, I started playing SWTOR, FFV and Batman Arkham City, and replaying Chrono Cross. I'll probably play around a bit later on, and I plan on playing again when MOP comes out.

  11. #171
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I realized that I wasn't actually having fun, all I was doing was obsessively chasing a carrot. A carrot which became obsolete every expansion pack.
    This is what did it for me. I was in the middle of a raid actually and I suddenly realized it is not fun ----> Alt + F4 right there. Guild was freaked out and called ofc just to hear that I needed a break. Now I only log in once every 2 weeks to keep my guild. Hopefully MoP will get me interested again.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2012-02-28 at 06:11 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Are.... are you Charlie Sheen?

    Fun Fact, you saying you still play has no plausible, logical reason to be in a thread talking about why people are no longer playing a game. It has nothing to do with what part of a forum it is in. It is the equivalent of going to a presidential rally and talking about how we shouldn't have a president. If you feel the desire to do such a thing, you have far greater reaching issues, with the most common being insecurity with the game you are playing in this specific case. Other reasons could be a generic lack of an outlet for creativity and expressing yourself in your actual life among other things, but I would rather not get into diagnosing a rebellious, ignorant, disrespectful person right now, because regardless of any other issues, that is what you are being.

    On Topic again, the second biggest reason I left was seeing just how much blizzard ignored the player base in person by being one of the 'lucky' people who got into the Cataclysm beta. So many threads were ignored, put off, deleted, etc. So many problems could have been fixed before going live. Blizzard just didn't give a shit since they were getting pushed into a set release date, and were far too busy doing stupid things on the test servers with GM powers for fun.
    You can call me whatever you want, you can diagnose anything you like... I don't know if you read all of the past posts involved in my reply, I guess not, as you would know that even if it bothered anyone here, my first post was not disrespectful at all, but was a mere opinion I have about the people that "quit the game" and still starts threads like this one.

    And seriously, without any interest to troll no one... I really do not understand why people that quit a game because they didn't like it anymore, keep on creating threads about that said game... I mean, I understand people visiting mmo-champion to check the general gaming news or any off-topic thread... but to continue lurking the wow sections, I just can't get it... it makes no sense, because you are losing time chatting about something you don't like anymore... it's just not rational under any circumstances, at least to my understanding...

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    You can call me whatever you want, you can diagnose anything you like... I don't know if you read all of the past posts involved in my reply, I guess not, as you would know that even if it bothered anyone here, my first post was not disrespectful at all, but was a mere opinion I have about the people that "quit the game" and still starts threads like this one.

    And seriously, without any interest to troll no one... I really do not understand why people that quit a game because they didn't like it anymore, keep on creating threads about that said game... I mean, I understand people visiting mmo-champion to check the general gaming news or any off-topic thread... but to continue lurking the wow sections, I just can't get it... it makes no sense, because you are losing time chatting about something you don't like anymore... it's just not rational under any circumstances, at least to my understanding...
    Yes because no one ever talks about shit the don't like. No one ever takes time to bitch and to see if other felt the same. No one has ever sat around and bitched about some shit movie they saw, or some shit game they played, it's never happened. And certainly no one has ever bitched on a forum about why other people bitch on a forum about shit they don't like....


    EDIT: On Topic. I played the game for a hella long time. Since before release. It was simply time to move on to a different pasture, not even necessarily a greener one just a different one. I am playing swtor at the moment and that is quickly becoming stale, though I don't believe it's due to the game. I think I may just be done with this current generation of MMOs. I have tried a great many of them, even the ones who are trying their damnedest to innovate. Right now my general issue with MMOs is a lack of innovation in end game. When the tech can catch up maybe I'll give it another go.
    Last edited by AsIlaydying; 2012-02-28 at 06:17 AM.

  14. #174
    game play has gotten worse , developers not producing anything great while at the same time making it simplified, stagnant, repetitive , removing the good from the game such as ruining balence eg 150 k hp etc etc spam cds no real customization and same scenery for so long like no rng anymore removing all elements of fun basically apart from arena i think there is nothing left

  15. #175
    I haven't quit the game yet for the only reason that i singed up to the get D3 free and pay for a year deal. All of my RL friends hardly play anymore and I Don't have enough time to raid. So nothing for me to do in the game besdies lvling my 14th char to 85 -.-', WoW gets boring when you can't play with friends or someone who has the same amount of skills as you do, atleast for me it doesIt feels like I'm wasting my time going LFR only to seee allthe loots getting handeed out to people who in imo doesn't deserve it. The fact that gear is SO EASY to obtain atm really makes the game bad imo, gear is something you need skills to get, that's who it used to be. Also he fact that LFR ruined the "loot system" that's been going on for as long as i can remmember with MS>OS, seems like people got no love for others than themself in this game anymore. It's also these people who forget that there are people behinde screens the /2 has become the channel where people rage, hate and discriminate each other. Another thing I don't like is the no answer don't need you, in the WoW i used to play people had time to answer each other.

  16. #176
    Didn't really like all the guild drama. And Blizzard's haste in wrapping up Cataclysm just because a few bitched about it early on really put me off on the whole thing.

    Not sure if I'll try again at some point.

  17. #177
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,529
    Haven't quit, but I've lost interest due to the lack of content.

    3 new dungeons get old pretty fast.

    I still get on to raid though but only somewhat half heartedly. I mean, I do my best once I'm in the raid and I enjoy it, but I have to drag myself to it first.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  18. #178
    Brewmaster ridish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I left wow for several reasons:

    -The loot on my previous guild was distributed poorly: there were guys getting epics and tier over me, despite my performance and perfect attendance;
    -Said guild had lackluster performance to me; I was out-DPSing some main-spec DPS characters, with tanking gear;
    -Some of those main-spec players required a Rebirth-macro from me almost every fight;
    -Most of the person I loved playing with, have left the game; I got stuck with the others;
    -I hated this expansion and specially this last raid;
    -I am unemployed at the moment, so I don't have the luxury to waste time on it.
    first of,usual gear prio in raids: Tanks > healer or dps depending on which fights that are comming up.
    second of, for the part where u did god like dmg in tanking gear... proof or it didn´t happen (trash mobs doesn´t count)
    i can see why u left though, getting a tank geared dps in for a boss fight is bad.

  19. #179
    Raiding is time-consuming and boring.
    Terrible lore.
    Boring quests and grind activities.
    Lack of quality solo content.
    Battlegrounds are under developed.
    I guess the only reason to play WoW would be arena.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Raiding is time-consuming and boring.
    Terrible lore.
    Boring quests and grind activities.
    Lack of quality solo content.
    Battlegrounds are under developed.
    I guess the only reason to play WoW would be arena.
    ofc i am right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •