Deleted

Advice before Hagara hc

Hello everyone!

My guild is just about to try on Hagara hc (10 man) on wednesday, and I'm just wondering if you all have some nice warlock specific tips like what spec suits the fight the best and portal placement etc.

I'm thankfull for any advice!

Hi,

which spec do you play? dependant on that you can fullfill different roles here.

Me personally, I play Destruction for this fight, because it offers some really good utility spells which you can put to great use on hagara heroic.

Most likely you will be on soaking duty in her "normal" phase, which every ranged dps usually is. Means you soak the ice lances together with someone else (always pairs of 2) so they don't hit the melee. Put your portal at the position where you're soaking, so that after a lightning phase or an ice phase you can quickly teleport there and start nuking her asap. As the feedback phase, where she takes additional damage isn't very long this is a good way of avoiding unnecessary downtime.

For the normal phase you can have your tank face hagara towards the position where you are soaking, so that the shattered ice cast hits you. this is good because with nether ward you have a very good damage absorb which doesnt have a long cooldown (30sec). Where other classes get instagibbed when having only 3-4 stacks of the stacking ice debuff when hit by shattered ice, you can easily survive it if you pop netherward in time, even if you have 6-7 stacks (which ideally you shouldn't, but it can happen). Hagara tends to cast shattered ice at targets in front of her that are non melee so if you tank faces her towards you it most likely will hit you.

For the lightning phase netherward is a very very good spell too. Just use it when you start running and linking the totems and with some heals you should be fine, where other classes take massive amounts of damage you can easily do this as a warlock.

Theoretically your pet can also function as a conductor, but after a few tries we stopped doing it because the pet kept dying. Not sure if it's possible now with the 5 ( 10 ) % nerf, but prenerf in the first reset (we killed her back in december in the first heroic mode reset) it wasn't really possible.

As for DPSing: Use your damage cooldowns and your doomguard when she is affected by feedback, she takes a lot of damage there. It's worth it to delay some 3+min CDs for that. Good luck and have fun

Deleted
    I´m playing destruction on this fight, but affli should also do a quite good job there. In the point of survival destruction is the number one here because of netherward, which is very usefull for the lightning phase.
    I havn´t tryed demo yet, but i guess it won´t even got a chance against destruction and affli.
    @portal placement: in the middle. So you can port out if your done in lightning phase and also got a port to save yourself from the ice walls if your slowed by the "ice trap".
    @Doomguard: Use it after the lightningphase. So it does 100% more damage for about 10sec, when hagara is stunned, and will also attack the frost spikes when the "normal" phase ends

@Frost: Try to just walk while your placing your dots on the target or using instant spells to get as much damage output as possible, but that depends on your tactics. its quite easy to cast if you are playing the diving method. If you just run away from the icewalls without diving, you´ll maybe just be able to place your dots and spamm fel flame. The easiest way for casters is to stand in the middle and heal, but thats quite difficult for your healers.

Deleted
    Just uploaded my Hagara POV as destruction, so check it out if you want!

Deleted
    Thanks for the good advice everyone!

This will help a great deal on Wednesday. I'll probably stick to destruction, as its the spec im most confortable with atm and because of netherward.

Deleted
    If you're raid doesn't have the 10% spell, and you play demo (as i'm doing for our 25man), here are some tips :
    - gear for "more haste" than you might usually do, as there's a lot of "moving around, stoping very shortly, and short cast get better. and you get more dot ticks. plus you can "squeeze" more spells before she gets invulnerable
    - if the 1st transition is frost, then meta at pull, otherwise save it for after the lightning phase ends
    - as for lightning transition, put your portal "in shadowflame range" of the boss, pop doomguard/meta/4P/etc just before she becomes vulnerable (so you don't wast gcds) and re-open with bod so the dg attacks asap.
    - as for frost transition, we split our raid in 2, but instead of going to the cristal i'm affected to directly, i move to the "cristal before", put 3 immo/corr/doom and park my pet (defensive) on it, and i run to "my own" crystal before the ice barrier comes inbetween the two. Then i'm running around as usual, just stopping shortly to put immo, and then i proceed with corr/boa/coe while runing, shadowflame on cd, then spamming fel flame and shadow transe procs while moving. i'm parking my pet on another crystal as soon as his original dies. and when there's only 1 left (or 2, depends on the other crystal's life), i might stop running around, and do the in-and-out-of-bubble dance to evade ice barriers while staying around the same spot to dps the same crystals.
    - as for normal phase, dps wise, all you can hope is "not being trapped". I'm usually on meta, but i don't bother getting felguard out to aoe, our melee do it fast enough

With all this, i did 36k dps(e) one month ago (with 3.5m on ice tombs, i wasn't trapped) which means rank ~180. As for rankings, it's harder and harder to rank (imho) as things get fewer and fewer hp and get destroyed before we get efficient. Plus we never did the "stay inside strat" which is the best one dps wise. Ah, final information : your dps won't improve by much unless your raid manages to get 1 phase less, because the fight time has quite strict/fixed boundaries, sadly.
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-02-28 at 02:12 PM.

my raid does something cool

during ice phase they have all ranged stand in the middle and heal through the damage.

during electric phase they have all ranged stand in the middle and do nothing

makes the fight a joke

this is on 10 man by the way. i think you have to have upper end dps for this to work though
    Last edited by old balls; 2012-02-28 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by old balls View Post
    my raid does something cool

during ice phase they have all ranged stand in the middle and heal through the damage.

during electric phase they have all ranged stand in the middle and do nothing

makes the fight a joke

this is on 10 man by the way. i think you have to have upper end dps for this to work though
    Why would this require any more dps than the fight normally would? And why would you have ranged stacked in center during lightning phase, don't you need them to chain the lightning as well? Finally, many many 25M and 10M guilds have been stacking in the center for ice phase since about 3 weeks into this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Why would this require any more dps than the fight normally would? And why would you have ranged stacked in center during lightning phase, don't you need them to chain the lightning as well? Finally, many many 25M and 10M guilds have been stacking in the center for ice phase since about 3 weeks into this patch.
    #1. bc if you dont have high enough dps, the healers will run out of mana in the ice phase
    #2. bc we have 4 people do all of the lightning. 4 people with some kind of speed burst

cuz healers run out of mana and 4 people can do lightning

Refresh BoD just before going into a lightning phase so you will be able to get a tick during her feedback after the phase ends.

Without giving a spec it's hard to give more specific tips.