Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodrim View Post
    I heard this from many games and in the end the game was a port from console to PC. I can give you some recent examples: Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3.
    Both those games had simultaneous console releases. Guild Wars 2 will not.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I think its pretty smart.

Well, you won't have many "WTB" spam taking up your chat windows.
    If you want to buy something, you go to the "AH". If you want to sell something, you put it up on the "AH". No mess, 1 market place and nothing more.
    It makes sense from a immersion point of view as well. If people wanted to buy things back in the day they went to the market, they didn't stand in the middle of the street screaming "WANT TO BUY.."
    It instantly creates a meeting point in cities. Most people will gather around the market area in the city which will create a better social feeling.
    Nothing against the AH, I have no problems with it..
    but how does giving some random person you know nothing about your items to sell to millions of people from a location that magically makes to so that other worlds can buy the items to instantly make more sense than buying something directly from a player immersion-wise?
    Auction houses don't make much sense immersion wise. :P
    "Selling bacon, get your bacon here!" makes more sense immersion wise than *open window, instabacon."

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Nothing against the AH, I have no problems with it..
    but how does giving some random person you know nothing about your items to sell to millions of people from a location that magically makes to so that other worlds can buy the items to instantly make more sense than buying something directly from a player immersion-wise?
    Auction houses don't make much sense immersion wise. :P
    "Selling bacon, get your bacon here!" makes more sense immersion wise than *open window, instabacon."
    Medieval Amazon!

(Just a heads up, I realize how little sense my post actually made. I need to sleep. Either way, Allanon summed up what I was saying.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    brain = explode

edit: was typing as you replied with your apology of your post

OT, im a bit confused, does the mail system not have CoD? If so, whats the problem? People can't scam you if it goes like this:

Person asks for item.
    You make item.
    You send item to person with CoD of mail set to item worth.
    Person pays amount set in CoD of mail.
    Set amount transfers to your funds.
    Person receives bacon.

If person does not pay set amount in CoD of mail, person does not recieve bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    That's disapointing. I'd like to be able to just trade with people on the spot..
    You can still trade on the spot. If your selling an item you send it CoD. That way you dont get scammed. If your trading an item for an item well you wont be able to do that with anyone you dont trust.

yeah.. if they don't have the CoD option it's just dumb on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    brain = explode

edit: was typing as you replied with your apology of your post

OT, im a bit confused, does the mail system not have CoD? If so, whats the problem? People can't scam you if it goes like this:

Person asks for item.
    You make item.
    You send item to person with CoD of mail set to item worth.
    Person pays amount set in CoD of mail.
    Set amount transfers to your funds.
    Person receives bacon.

If person does not pay set amount in CoD of mail, person does not recieve bacon.
    You don't have to do that Trigg, if someone wants to buy something, they POST their offer of buying it on the AH, and someone fills out the work order and sells it to them via the market place. Don;t have to use the mail at all.

I love the idea of being able to post items on the market place to sell, and at the same time posting offers on the market to buy something.

Deleted
    Going to explain why Guild Wars 2 won't need a trade button.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marketplace
    The marketplace is the Guild Wars 2 player trading system. It is global, enabling trade between players on different servers. It can be used to sell and buy items without the need to find a buyer or seller first. While items can only be put up for sale when in-game, it is possible to browse, bid, or cancel auctions and offers when out of-game and logged into a web browser. A sale can be completed whilst the seller is offline, with the coin going into an account bank.

The marketplace is capable of displaying the history and trends of item values.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mail
    The messaging system is a means of sending and receiving messages from other players. You do not need to visit a mailbox to use the messaging system.

The Marketplace (Auction House) in Guild Wars 2, doesn't work like other MMOs auction houses. You can go to the marketplace, buy out things you want, and sell things you want, but you can also put a notice on the auction house window.

Player 1 puts the notice up.

''Player 1 want's to buy [Golden Scale] for 1 gold and 38 copper''

Player 2 sees the notice.

''Oh I got this Golden Scale he wants, I press this button, and the Golden Scale will disappear from my bag, into his bank, and I will get the money.''

Without the the buyer even being online. Also, the mailing system is instant.
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2012-02-27 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Going to explain why Guild Wars 2 won't need a trade button.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marketplace
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mail

The Marketplace (Auction House) in Guild Wars 2, doesn't work like other MMOs auction houses. You can go to the marketplace, buy out things you want, and sell things you want, but you can also put a notice on the auction house window.

Player 1 puts the notice up.

''xxxx player want's to buy [Golden Scale] for 1 gold and 38 copper''

Player 2 sees the notice.

''Oh I got this Golden Scale he wants, I press this button, and the Golden Scale will disappear from my bag, into his bank, and I will get the money.''

Without the the buyer even being online.
    Exactly..!

hopefully they get a mail telling them their item has been received if they're offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    hopefully they get a mail telling them their item has been received if they're offline.
    As in a email? That would be cool if you're offline and you get a email stating :

Your work order of: [Golden Scale] (1) has been filled. Item is awaiting you in your mail box."

hah either that or an Ingame mail would work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    As in a email? That would be cool if you're offline and you get a email stating :

Your work order of: [Golden Scale] (1) has been filled. Item is awaiting you in your mail box."
    There are no mailboxes in Guild Wars 2 8D

I think all the stuff you search at the market place and get while you're offline, they will be stored in a section at your bank, or something similar.

I think all the stuff you search at the market place and get while you're offline, they will be stored in a section at your bank, or something similar.
    You're right, I was going to just say 'in your mail' but it didn't sound good enough xD

I don't see the problem with offline mail though. It works like that in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    You don't have to do that Trigg, if someone wants to buy something, they POST their offer of buying it on the AH, and someone fills out the work order and sells it to them via the market place. Don;t have to use the mail at all.

I love the idea of being able to post items on the market place to sell, and at the same time posting offers on the market to buy something.
    Oh so it's pretty similar to EVE? you basically advertise that you're after something or that your wanting to sell something both at the Marketplace and then do it there and then with no waiting? epic

I really don't like that they are not including the ability to trade. Firstly, it limits you for trading one item for another item safely with strangers. Secondly, when handing out a mass number of items (for an in-game event, party etc) trading is much more efficient (and makes more sense from an immersion perspective).

There are no pyshical mail boxes, this is true, but the mail system (other then being able to be accessed any and every where) is the same as most other games, it does not fill up inventory slots or bank spots, it just sits there in your mail section until you grab it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case I missed this, is there a time delay between sending and receiving between parties and if so how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    In case I missed this, is there a time delay between sending and receiving between parties and if so how long?
    The mailing system is entirely instant, no delay besides server delay.