Deleted

Would like some class adivce

Hello i maybe starting to play ToR soon and would like some class advice

I'm looking to play a melee class that deals good burst damage with high damaging ability's, i like to see big numbers not alot of little ones, preferably with little to no dots involved, spent years playing an affliction lock on wow so Ive had enough of dots.

Once max level ill be looking to do pvp mostly. looked up abit on sith Juggernaut and marauder but cant really pick, juggernaut wears heavy Armour so is its damage output lower because of its survivability?

so suggestions?

Jedi Shadow Infiltration spec has pretty good burst, it can be a little squishy, however you have stealth, and a lot of fun abilities.

Marauders and Juggs are both pretty good end game PvP ACs. I'd also give the Sith Inquistor Assassin a try, but its a bit more like a rogue/feral druid than your traditional WoW warrior.

Advantage to Juggs/Assassins - Tank AC is available, so you can go tank spec for PvP, if you want. (Yes, Tank spec in PvP is viable, especially in Huttball).

Advantage to Marauder - when in the right hands with the right gear, its burst is absolutely crazy.

Republic mirrors are as follows:

Sith Warrior Jugg: Jedi Knight Guardian
    Sith Warrior Marauder: Jedi Knight Sentinel
    Sith Inquistor Assassin: Jedi Consular Shadow

Spells are pretty much a mirror of each other, with some minor differences (IE: Sith Inquistors shoot lighting for Shock and Jedi Consulars throw rocks for Project, but the base ability is the same).

I'd try them up to 15 or 16 (get a feel for each AC) and then decide which one fits
    Last edited by Scripts; 2012-02-27 at 07:36 PM.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Quote Originally Posted by Scripts View Post
    Spells are pretty much a mirror of each other, with some minor differences (IE: Sith Inquistors shoot lighting for Shock and Jedi Consulars throw rocks for Project, but the base ability is the same).
    We throw Droids too, not just rocks! :P

But yes, you'll find there are some animation differences, which in some cases, lead to advantages here and there when damage lands sooner for one mirror and not the other, however, they have already stated that they will be rolling out a new set of animations for these unbalanced ones with the content patch coming in March.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with shadow/ass for the big numbers. Infil/Dec tree has some nice backstabs for high damage, and you get Clairvoyant Strike (don't know the name for asses) where you throw your lightsaber out like a giant glowstick yoyo of death.

And if you decide you want decent dps, not just burst, the shared tree plays kinda like a melee warlock, or a rogue with focus on applying poisons.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Really, the only thing consular's don't throw is the kitchen sink. I've seen droids, rocks, crates, and who knows what else thrown by my consular.

Back OT: Secondary thought - Try the IA Operative or Smuggler Scoundrel. These are also melee-ish ACs, and have a secondary healing option, if you decide you want to heal on them instead of DPS. The Trooper Vanguard AC also seems like its a bit more melee than ranged (lots of <10m skills) so that and the Bounty Hunter Powertech AC would also be ones to look at.

Only truly ranged ACs are as follows (>10M):

Consular Sage/Inquistor Sorceror
    IA Sniper/Smuggler Gunslinger
    Trooper Commando/Bounty Hunter Mercenary
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scripts View Post
    I'd try them up to 15 or 16 (get a feel for each AC) and then decide which one fits
    This is the best advice.

You can get to 18ish in a few hours with no effort, special gear, etc... You'll find that you'll end up with the "best" character for you. I didnt do this and hated a maruader/sentinel once I hit level 5 (from beta) and left to play a BH Merc... which was great until I wanted to gouge my eyes out of TM spam and I wanted to change to a pub. Rolled sage and love it.... and then picked up a sent alt, once I knew a bit more about the class... oh its hard for me to play other characters.

As for a high burst class... check out the IA/Smuggler; its very much a rogue which is very bursty. The IA story is really cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    We throw Droids too, not just rocks! :P
    IMO, they need to add some force "pulses" to the rock animation--as it stands, it's very underwhelming to, oh, say thousands of volts of pure death from your fingertips. i mean i laugh EVERY TIME i see that spell go off. also, the SFX are underwhelming as well to me. it sounds like gravel in my car's undercarriage when i turn onto a dirt road. like, really?

perhaps more detritus than loose stones on the ground could make it more aesthetically appealing?
    Last edited by Qwell; 2012-02-27 at 08:38 PM.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--