• DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    So how do they eat? o_o
    They're hollow inside *nods*....*really has no idea*

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    The same way a venus fly trap does? O_o
    OH SNAP

Also you still didn't add me to the guild after 100 pages ?

oh well I don't want to be in it anyway hmph
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably have to eat simply by virtue of not being rooted in the soil. You've gotta get nutrition from somewhere.

Humans need sunlight to survive as well, I'm pretty sure, but not for the same reasons or to the same extent.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    OH SNAP

Also you still didn't add me to the guild after 100 pages ?

oh well I don't want to be in it anyway hmph
    Really? I actually remember putting you on there.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Really? I actually remember putting you on there.
    Nope

/10char

I'll just make a better guild that will fail in the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They probably have to eat simply by virtue of not being rooted in the soil. You've gotta get nutrition from somewhere.

Humans need sunlight to survive as well, I'm pretty sure, but not for the same reasons or to the same extent.
    Really? We can't sit in a basement for 30 years?
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    "Carnivorous plants are plants that derive some or most of their nutrients (but not energy) from trapping and consuming animals or protozoans, typically insects and other arthropods. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivorous_plant

Sylvari do not (I'm assuming) acquire any energy from photosynthesis, which means they also do not have chlorophyll, which means they're not a plant.

Carnivorous plants are still classified as plants because they do.

So like I said, Sylvari are more like a fungus than a plant.
    Sylvari are said to be reinvigorated whenever they go out and absorb sunlight, but they still need to eat food/water orally in order to survive. There's also no information on as to how they breath and get rid of bodily wastes. For instance, we have no real idea of whether or not Sylvari inhale Co2, and exhale oxygen.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-03-21 at 12:33 AM.

Negative, sunlight is good in small doses though since it gives you Vitamin D (or some other letter)

But the question still is, do they get ENERGY from eating? or do they photosynthesize. Since Sylvari can be more colors than green (and chlorophyll is necessary for photosynthesis) I shall therefore conclude they do not, and are not plants.

AND IM ALWAYS RIGHT.

And before you respond, flowers do not photosynthesize!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I doubt they are into any sort of fetishes involving fire either.
    i'm pretty sure humans who are into that sort of thing aren't so for it beeing very healthy in the first place.
    so, maybe sylvari are even more into it?

I wonder what would be horny guy talk amongst sylvari....
    how about... "boobies!"?
    i think that would still work.

Sylvari do not (I'm assuming) acquire any energy from photosynthesis, which means they also do not have chlorophyll, which means they're not a plant.
    yes, they do. just not enough to support their very un-plant-like life with running around and stuff.
    sylvari can and do sort of 'meditate' to draw energy from the sun and the air around them, they just also need actual food and drink in addition to that, if they want to do anything else than standing around 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    (ノ ゚ヮ゚)╯︵♥
    i catch it!
    \o/

Apparently Sylvari also do not have internal organs. Not sure who said that where.
    they do have internal organs.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.arena.net/blog/kristen-pe...ng-the-sylvari

Hrm... it sounds to me like the people designing the Sylvari want them to remain as actual plants
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

http://www.arena.net/blog/kristen-pe...ng-the-sylvari

Hrm... it sounds to me like the people designing the Sylvari want them to remain as actual plants
    I just realized how much I'm over analyzing this. =\

I still think they're a fungus.

Fungius Sylvarius shall be their scientific name.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized how much I'm over analyzing this. =\
    But... but it's fun to exercise the brain! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I wonder what would be horny guy talk amongst sylvari....

God damn I bet her sap runs hot!
    I'd love to photosynthesize with that one!

Fascinating...
    [Insert "Morning Wood" and "Poison Ivy as giving you an 'itch' down there" jokes]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    There's also no information on as to how they breath and get rid of bodily wastes. For instance, we have no real idea of whether or not Sylvari inhale C02, and exhale oxygen.
    many plants actually inhale o2 and exhale co2, just not as much as animals or not all the time, afaik.

seeing as sylvari are actually designed (as in by their creator, lorewise, not by the game developers) to imitate humans and similar races, it's probably save to assume that they would breath and sh** just like us, or at least be able to do so if need be.

But... but it's fun to exercise the brain! D:
    it really is!

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    many plants actually inhale o2 and exhale co2, just not as much as animals or not all the time, afaik.

seeing as sylvari are actually designed (as in by their creator, lorewise, not by the game developers) to imitate humans and similar races, it's probably save to assume that they would breath and sh** just like us, or at least be able to do so if need be.
    But they'd do it in elegantly.

Sylvari shit plant bulbs which bloom into beautiful flowers?

If their tummy is upset it comes out an onion.

If they are constipated it comes out as a tree, tiny whoodchippers are their "fiber"

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, they intake Co2 and produce O2 as a byproduct of photosynthesis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never knew that.....

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Sylvari shit plant bulbs which bloom into beautiful flowers?

If their tummy is upset it comes out an onion.

If they are constipated it comes out as a tree, tiny whoodchippers are their "fiber"
    Well poop from animals can be used as fertilizer for plants.......... The inverse with Sylvari could be that they poop out aloe lotion for humans?

10+ Year Old Account
    But they'd do it in elegantly.
    of course! :x

Technically, they intake Co2 and produce O2 as a byproduct of photosynthesis.
    yes and no.
    while what you say is of course true, it leaves out one important fact: at night, plants can not do their photosynthesis. yet they still need to 'breathe' something, or they would just die. which is why (most?) plants actually inhale oxygen at night.
    plants can not survive for extended periods of time without o2, even though they produce more of it than they need for themselves, in a full cycle.

so yes, plants are actually able to inhale o2 when necessary, due to the lack of other resources for some time (water, sunlight, cookies, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I never knew that.....

[IMG]http://2012rankmaniac.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/rankmaniac2012-40.gif[IMG]
    imma gud teecha!

You people are crazy. No I didn't just figure this out, but I figured it needed to be said regardless.