36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    This is becoming too large for something I'd want to GL
    I nominate Allanon
    *nods*

depending on which server i'm gonna play on and how long gw2 will actually keep me playing it (although the later shouldn't be a problem if it's anywhere near as good as i expect), i might just help out a bit too.
    although i guess there's not much need for leadership in such a guild anyway, as there aren't any groups bigger than 5 that actually have to be organized

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    It's a shame we didn't come up with this before the beta sign ups. Might have had a better shot if we all put we were part of the MMOC guild
    My current guild is 450 active members big, so unless we would break the 500 before signups closed, I would still have mentioned my actual guild XD
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Sign me up! This is a wonderful idea. I'm beyond excited for GW2, and would love to join a guild full of people from a good community.

Araxie-Asura-Engineer

I'm in ;)

So far I was a keen reader of this forum, but to this thread reply I must

My two toons that will be first in the line, most probably are:

Vassenago - warrior
    Rupreht - ranger,

Now I do have serious conundrum when comes to choosing a race, as I really like my toons to be big, bald and tattooed - Norn, but also fierce, animalistic and beastly - Charr... decisions, decisions...
    I shall decide after playing both races for a bit

Also I'd like to vote for guild name along the lines of "MMO Champion" etc,

Aaaand my vote for GM goes to whoever brings me.... SHRUBBERY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rupreht View Post
    So far I was a keen reader of this forum, but to this thread reply I must

My two toons that will be first in the line, most probably are:

Vassenago - warrior
    Rupreht - ranger,

Now I do have serious conundrum when comes to choosing a race, as I really like my toons to be big, bald and tattooed - Norn, but also fierce, animalistic and beastly - Charr... decisions, decisions...
    I shall decide after playing both races for a bit

Also I'd like to vote for guild name along the lines of "MMO Champion" etc,

Aaaand my vote for GM goes to whoever brings me.... SHRUBBERY!!!!!

I vote for whatever Mif wants. :P

I agree, I don't think a big social group like this would need a 'main' leader. I was part of one of those 'invite anyone' guilds in WoW when I made an alt on a different server to play Alliance, and noticed that it was similar. The guild leader acted as someone who booted inactive members, and would make notifications when planned PvP or PvE things were going on.

Guilds in GW2 seem to function much more like chat rooms to find the adventure. Going to WvW? Hop into MMOC and see if others are doing it, even if you're bringing a group of people from a different guild. If no one from one of your guilds is doing anything, check and see if anything is going on in the MMOC guild. I imagine I'll be a part of this guild, as well as a small PvP team.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Welcome to the forum mister croc.
    .... it's a dragon actually,
    All right crocodile-sih dragon, but still a dragon none the less

And thank you very much for welcoming me

10+ Year Old Account
    I say we have a guild Grand council that consists of Mif, Allanon, and the moderators of the GW2 forum, after all, the guild is being made from these forums and will likely keep discussion going here as well. While I might not like some of the limitations of forums rules, I think they equally apply in game to a degree

EDIT: oh, and Allanon, you forgot to add my character, Lothaeryn Havenwell - Human Guardian
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-02-29 at 02:46 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

My name is still smushed into Orist's QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    My name is still smushed into Orist's QQ
    Such is life.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up :P
    I love the idea of being able to be in multiple guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Such is life.
    Lol. Again.

Sure, count me in.
    Charr Engineer

I would be interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I'll add that I'll probably have a Charr Elementalist named Matuk in addition to my thief. If I actually did shit with the guild, he's probably who I'd do it with.

*blinkblink - gasp* not on the list to begin with
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-29 at 05:04 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Think I'll add that I'll probably have a Charr Elementalist named Matuk in addition to my thief. If I actually did shit with the guild, he's probably who I'd do it with.

*blinkblink - gasp* not on the list to begin with
    I might have missed a few people, or accidently just skimmed over it (get the picture? get out). I will fix it soon.

As for guild leadership, I will probably give either Leadership or Officer status to the mods, myself(because I love abusing power) and maybe a few others who they mods find respectful enough to give to. I will need to talk to them about it though.

PS: The only reason I'm probably going to be an officer is because who wants to waste the 1st several hours or days playing just adding people from the list >>
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    PS: The only reason I'm probably going to be an officer is because who wants to waste the 1st several hours or days playing just adding people from the list >>
    Hey, you're less lazy than most - you took the time to make this thread and (sort of) keep track of people :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hey, you're less lazy than most - you took the time to make this thread and (sort of) keep track of people :P
    The expectations of the people are to damn high!
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    The expectations of the people are to damn high!
    Yeah, I vote for you too!

Give us cookies and coffee, and I'll be happy!