19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    This is for beta. We will decide what server come release.
    I'm talking about whether ANet will separate East/West coast servers or if they'll all just be "US" like they are for the beta.

Guess that wasn't obvious in what I quoted lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You shall be sorely missed in our conquest of WvWvW, but at least you can visit us across the ocean now and then for hot join pvp fun, if not DEs and dungeons.
    yeah =(

actually, i'm still not 100% sure if i'm gonna put my homeserver to eu.. i'd love playing with the friends i know there, but those are just a handful, not half a guild. either way, i'm gonna be doing a lot of dungeons and structured pvp with the ones on the other homeserver
    and unless someone doesn't want me to do it, i will make sure there is a specific official eu server for this guild, by release (wheter i will join that one or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I'm talking about whether ANet will separate East/West coast servers or if they'll all just be "US" like they are for the beta.

I'd guess there will only be one US datacenter, at a centralized location.
    "Oh no, 80ping instead of 60ping in an MMO?"
    First world problems, inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sea of Sorrows, here I come.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

They said on their twitter that servers are not east/west, pvp/pve/rp, or any other kind of distinction. US servers are US servers.

I'm not sure how they handle data centers, but remember that they use some kind of special kind of server tech, evolved well beyond what Blizzard's battle.net is.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    and unless someone doesn't want me to do it, i will make sure there is a specific official eu server for this guild, by release (wheter i will join that one or not).
    I like to think of it as a big world-wide company having offices in multiple countries, even if it is based in Irvine, CA.

Hey wait a minute....
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Can I join can I join?

10+ Year Old Account
    The servers will likely be based out of NCSoft West in Austin as the central location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im in [Dbach.1394 - Norn - Thief - Kelmore]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwoe View Post
    The servers will likely be based out of NCSoft West in Austin as the central location.
    Good thing I live in Texas. I always did want to work customer service for them... maybe I should re-apply, citing...

Dammit... and yet again I dislike MMOC being such a public WoW-based forum.

Citing "previous CS experience" I guess is what I should say...
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-25 at 05:42 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

My freaking MC server has been off all day, freaking livid Dx hate the person running it right meow.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    Important question. Is this US or EU servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    US, as the guild will be made on a US server.

US.

No one likes EU.

*decides to be nice*

It's NA (you silly people calling it US). Since you can't switch between EU and NA in the beta, I can't invite people from EU. And no, I will not play on a EU server for beta just for the EU player base. Every 1st day of every beta I will be doing all the Guild technicalities and invite people.

10+ Year Old Account
    *decides to be nice*

It's NA. Since you can't switch between EU and NA in the beta, I can't invite people from EU. And no, I will not play on a EU server for beta just for the EU player base. Every 1st day of every beta I will be doing all the Guild technicalities and invite people.
    Surely you will be a good leader and give people you trust the permission to invite others, and thus help take a load off your shoulders.... :P

Surely you will be a good leader and give people you trust the permission to invite others, and thus help take a load off your shoulders.... :P
    Of course, mainly mods and people who have been watching this thread all this time.

Deleted
    *decides to be nice*

It's NA (you silly people calling it US). Since you can't switch between EU and NA in the beta, I can't invite people from EU. And no, I will not play on a EU server for beta just for the EU player base. Every 1st day of every beta I will be doing all the Guild technicalities and invite people.
    for us EU people, will this cause us ping problems?

I don't know. You might have a slightly or greatly increased ping due to your connection and the servers connection, no idea how it works.

Just keep those permissions away from Delias.

That's why it's important to try it out and find out this weekend.

You have 2k gems for the weekend and it costs 1.8k to transfer your home server. If you're having problems use em and swap to an EU server.