• Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I still can't decide if I want to play during the stress test or not. I can't decide if it'll be enough time to actually have fun or if I'm just going to get sad that I don't get to play all day. First world problems.
    I'm definitely having this, but at the same time I really want to play. I also want the bf to try out his new laptop and play with me. But... I know it's just going to be depressing tomorrow, wanting to come home to play and not being able to. Or maybe even today when they turn off the servers.

I don't want them to turn off the servers... T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    It's been so long since I've posted in this thread

Pfft. You loose people and your stress testing!

I'm saving myself for release, as to make the initial experience more enjoyable .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Because it seems to fit the Asura:

<snip>
    You always find new ways of doing it Mif... And this was a really good one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I still can't decide if I want to play during the stress test or not. I can't decide if it'll be enough time to actually have fun or if I'm just going to get sad that I don't get to play all day. First world problems.
    If you can't have fun in four hours or less of GW2, then they did the game wrong imo. It's designed NOT to be time-consuming. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    It's been so long since I've posted in this thread

Pfft. You loose people and your stress testing!

I'm saving myself for release, as to make the initial experience more enjoyable .
    I tried to do so, I've tried to not experience too much but once I start playing it it just... it's way too much fun. The most fun I've had with a game in a while. So I just end up doing wayyy too much. =/ I can't stop myself from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels weird to spend so much time reading parenting discussions (through Facebook) among people I used to go to high school with, and then end up chiming in with my own advice on the subject... with people finding they like my advice.

When I am not yet a parent, and probably won't be for many years. Damn you, biological clock!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys and gals.

Just chiming in to say hi and stuff. Finished up the new Synthesis ending for ME3. Well okay not new but "Extended". It was goddamn beautiful.

Also, less than 30 mins till stress test!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    Hey guys and gals.

Just chiming in to say hi and stuff. Finished up the new Synthesis ending for ME3. Well okay not new but "Extended". It was goddamn beautiful.

Also, less than 30 mins till stress test!
    I should hope so, they've been working on those 10minute endings for months.
    Which makes it slightly funny that the only difference between control and synthesis is that the organics have a green tint to their skin... Oh well. Better than it was before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I should hope so, they've been working on those 10minute endings for months.
    Which makes it slightly funny that the only difference between control and synthesis is that the organics have a green tint to their skin... Oh well. Better than it was before.
    Erm...you know why their eyes and skin are like that I'd hope.

And don't spoil the other endings. I've only done Synth so far. :P

Erm...you know why their eyes and skin are like that I'd hope.

And don't spoil the other endings. I've only done Synth so far. :P
    I am aware why their skin and eyes are like that. I was pointing out that the only differences between the control and synthesis options seemed to be that and the voice over. The animations and background shots and basically everything else was the exact same.
    The endings are better, don't get me wrong.. but if the game had released with these endings people would have complained almost just as much.
    Just switched from 3 bad endings to end an epic series that were all the exact same to 3 mediocre endings that were all the exact same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a fun stress test. I had to lie down before it was over though cause my meds were making me sleepy. Didn't sleep very long, but that's probably a good thing.

Deleted
    Well that was a fun stress test. I had to lie down before it was over though cause my meds were making me sleepy. Didn't sleep very long, but that's probably a good thing.
    Don't get your sleep out of schedule again!
    I'm glad you had a fun stress test and didn't sleep through it haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Don't get your sleep out of schedule again!
    I'm glad you had a fun stress test and didn't sleep through it haha.
    lol no, I won't be passing out for a few more hours.

And yes, I did have a wonderful time. Finally tried out pvp thanks to Delias and me joking around and me saying, "Oh yeah? 1v1 me noob." And then he proceeded to talk me into going to the mists and pvping. He stomped me quite a few times cause he's OP. (And I kinda suck in all things pvp) but I did kill him a few times too. Gotta say Guild Wars 2 pvp is very enjoyable. Even if you're not winning all the time.

Deleted
    lol no, I won't be passing out for a few more hours.

And yes, I did have a wonderful time. Finally tried out pvp thanks to Delias and me joking around and me saying, "Oh yeah? 1v1 me noob." And then he proceeded to talk me into going to the mists and pvping. He stomped me quite a few times cause he's OP. (And I kinda suck in all things pvp) but I did kill him a few times too. Gotta say Guild Wars 2 pvp is very enjoyable. Even if you're not winning all the time.
    Haha good!

I'm glad that's the case. Delias must be OP, it's the grin! Good for you, go and kick his butt! And yeah I found the PVP to be fun even when losing haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha good!

I'm glad that's the case. Delias must be OP, it's the grin! Good for you, go and kick his butt! And yeah I found the PVP to be fun even when losing haha.
    haha yeah, he told me about this ability he gets as a warrior that doubles his damage for 5 seconds. That's how he killed me the first time. My 22k health pool just dropped like a stone and I was like "WTF?"

When he explained that warriors already have insane burst...I realized that frenzy was his I win button. XD

But I did get him a few times cause mesmers get to vanish at 10% health. And I had a couple abilities that stealthed me too. So he kept saying "Dammit, where did you go now?" lol

haha yeah, he told me about this ability he gets as a warrior that doubles his damage for 5 seconds. That's how he killed me the first time. My 22k health pool just dropped like a stone and I was like "WTF?"

When he explained that warriors already have insane burst...I realized that frenzy was his I win button. XD

But I did get him a few times cause mesmers get to vanish at 10% health. And I had a couple abilities that stealthed me too. So he kept saying "Dammit, where did you go now?" lol
    heard the whole thing in TS lol

10+ Year Old Account
    IWIN button - perfect description!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Head_Shot

The trick is to learn to recognize the skill animations and sounds for the "dangerous" moves, and have a plan for disabling, evading, absorbing, or simply getting away. Frenzy, Quickness, Haste, Lightning Reflexes... there's other dangerous moves, but those ones are all basically "DOUBLE DAMAGE DEAL WITH IT!" moves.

I typically run Dagger/Dagger just on principle, but I firmly believe that Dagger/Pistol will be the most effective skirmish/1v1 weapon set. Then again, I don't believe you're a Thief, so this specific advice may not be useful... I'm positive you do have a Daze, Stun, Launch, Knockdown, Pull, Block... or something similar... somewhere!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-27 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Uhhh interesting.
    And heh I'll eventually have to go and get on TS with you guys, hopefully when I get back home with my lovely headset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    IWIN button - perfect description!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Head_Shot

The trick is to learn to recognize the skill animations and sounds for the "dangerous" moves, and have a plan for disabling, evading, absorbing, or simply getting away. Frenzy, Quickness, Haste, Lightning Reflexes... there's other dangerous moves, but those ones are all basically "DOUBLE DAMAGE DEAL WITH IT!" moves.

I typically run Dagger/Dagger just on principle, but I firmly believe that Dagger/Pistol will be the most effective skirmish/1v1 weapon set. Then again, I don't believe you're a Thief, so this specific advice may not be useful... I'm positive you do have a Daze, Stun, Launch, Knockdown, Pull, Block... or something similar... somewhere!
    lol yeah I'm a mesmer. So I can do damage with clones, confuse, and two others I can't recall off the top of my head with any weapon set. (my f1-4). And I have a signet that when activated, stuns the target.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    heard the whole thing in TS lol
    it was amusing that's for sure!

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 11:44 PM ----------

Uhhh interesting.
    And heh I'll eventually have to go and get on TS with you guys, hopefully when I get back home with my lovely headset.
    You should! We are a riot.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol yeah I'm a mesmer.
    Oh, even better - You *always* have a daze! Assuming you have illusions up, anyways.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diversion

There's also:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trick_Shot_%28mesmer%29
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Distraction
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Domination

He just seems so OP because you're not used to PvP. :P