• Northern Shiverpeaks

19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    So I won't be playing TSW anymore, their first monthly update was a flop for me, 6 new missions and 2 new hard mode versions of current dungeons. There was suppose to be other stuff like auxiliary weapon and a raid but it seems to be delayed till end of august.

So what game should I play

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed the explanation, but how can PvP server exist when there is no world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Maybe I missed the explanation, but how can PvP server exist when there is no world pvp.
    Unofficial PvP servers. Which is why Anet should just label them because we already are :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unofficial PvP servers. Which is why Anet should just label them because we already are :x
    I understand unofficial RP servers, but this doesn't make much sense to me.

So I won't be playing TSW anymore, their first monthly update was a flop for me, 6 new missions and 2 new hard mode versions of current dungeons. There was suppose to be other stuff like auxiliary weapon and a raid but it seems to be delayed till end of august.

So what game should I play
    If you have a 3DS, grab the new Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

It's quite good.

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I understand unofficial RP servers, but this doesn't make much sense to me.
    Agreed. The whole point is World vs World. Having some servers just not bother because "We're not a dedicated PvP server" seems kind of counterproductive to a degree. And how does one differentiate between a "PvE" server and a "PvP" server? The only true "unofficial" label I've seen is Tarnished Coast being a place for RPers to hang out.

But that's not the only group going there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

If you have a 3DS, grab the new Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

It's quite good.
    Kel you freaken know I love KH, zexion was my avatar forever. The problem is 3DS, its so expensive... /sigh

So... I really really hate the AI in Civ5. Got denounced, for no damn reason. Hell, I even was GOOD to the Civ.

Also gave them a few units when being attacked by another civ, and helped defend them!
    (they were the only cotton providers until a few turns ago, and I needed it)

Fuck this game. /rage!
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-08-01 at 01:44 AM.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    HEH! I am sure you deserved it. Seriously the AI is so so screwy.

>Oh Hey, lets research together because you know, I'd like that combustion engine and you could advance too
    >Oh, your offer wasn't very good. I DEMAND ALL OF YOUR HORSES, IRON, SUGAR, SILK AND 500 gold.

My favourite part of this game though is pretty much taking over an empire which was taken over be another empire and giving the capital back to the original owners. You pretty much own them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always play nice with everyone but expect every civ to stab me in the back. If I think one is about to I usually pay them off to declare war on someone else to keep them occupied, like when Napoleon starts moving all his troops to my border and I get him to declare on a civ on the other side of the map.

Kel you freaken know I love KH, zexion was my avatar forever. The problem is 3DS, its so expensive... /sigh
    I bought mine for the purpose of StarFox 64 and Kingdom Hearts. Luigi's Mansion is going to be the icing on the cake.

Deleted
    Well I say the AI is not that stupid but it is too unthinking, like a computer. It has one goal, to win. If you are a threat it will denounce you and not trade with you. If you are a big threat it will denounce you with others grouping against you. If you have access to a lot of commodities then the AI will want your land. If you have a small army it will show no signs of intent of attacking you (usually) until it has moved their armies against your borders. The only illogical thing about the diplomacy is trade. Trade is highly unbalanced and you can't trade over 9999 gold. AI Civs tend to grossly overestimate the value of their cities so it is pretty much unlikely you can ever buy things with gold only.

EDIT: I always try to avoid other civs, low expansion, low military spending (until I meet another civ) and little exploration.
    Last edited by mmocbd1a42b9dc; 2012-08-01 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Agreed. The whole point is World vs World. Having some servers just not bother because "We're not a dedicated PvP server" seems kind of counterproductive to a degree. And how does one differentiate between a "PvE" server and a "PvP" server? The only true "unofficial" label I've seen is Tarnished Coast being a place for RPers to hang out.

But that's not the only group going there.
    There was a list floating around of the servers and established guilds/sites that are joining them. Larynx showed it to me but it may have been linked here already. The focus of those guilds basically determines what the focus of the server is. Guilds will often go on a server because of that focus.

As servers will have that kind of focus regardless of anything we decide...it just makes sense to pick one whose focus is what the majority of what ppl want to do. So yh.....I suggested a poll

I bought mine for the purpose of StarFox 64 and Kingdom Hearts. Luigi's Mansion is going to be the icing on the cake.
    God I hate you so much :x

I would be buying it just to play lugis mansion, KH and pokemon blck/wht 2. Though its not enough for me to pay 170$ for it.

God I hate you so much :x

I would be buying it just to play lugis mansion, KH and pokemon blck/wht 2. Though its not enough for me to pay 170$ for it.
    Good news! White/Black 2 are not 3DS games. They're still playable on the Classic/lite/DSi/XL
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-01 at 02:02 AM.

Good news! White/Black 2 are not 3DS games. They're still playable on the Classic/lite/DSi/XL
    oh good, I'll prob pick it up. Actually I am about to buy soul silver, the one thing that made me love gold/silver was going back to kanto. I was hoping to god they would do that in hoen.... /sigh

Seriously when they decide to finish pokemon with one last game, it should go back to all the regions. It would be epic.

Also.........I really wanna buy Civ5 now after all the talk about it here. It does sound awesome.
    And I love it when civilizations turn around and be asses because them you can feel totally justified in eradicating them from existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Also.........I really wanna buy Civ5 now after all the talk about it here. It does sound awesome.
    And I love it when civilizations turn around and be asses because them you can feel totally justified in eradicating them from existence.
    haha yeah, this.

Like I said, I'm pretty passive and content to just build up my cities. And trade with other civs and what have you. But if some civ gets froggy and denounces me then I make it my mission to make their existence hell. I bribe other civs to eradicate them or do it myself.

...and gods save them if they plop a city down and steal a resource node from me. Then it is straight to scorched earth for them. "What is this India you keep referring to?" <picture my civ looking like Askia with the burning city behind him> XD

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    omg yes, the civ games are awesome for their music. Baba Yetu (the theme from Civ 4) is still my all time fav. Though the Gods and kings opening music is pretty sweet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Actually, a lot of the AI stuff is RNG.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

oh good, I'll prob pick it up. Actually I am about to buy soul silver, the one thing that made me love gold/silver was going back to kanto. I was hoping to god they would do that in hoen.... /sigh

Seriously when they decide to finish pokemon with one last game, it should go back to all the regions. It would be epic.
    Not just going back to a region, but Gold/Silver had closure. You saw Cinnabar blow itself up. You saw what happened with Team Rocket gone. Gary/Blue inheriting Viridian Gym...

And that fight in the middle of a blizzard, on Mt. Silver. That one fight that changed everything. Fighting the legend that you yourself created. Honestly, there will never be something as moving in the series as seeing that sprite up there, no words, just a fight (and who he fights with). Honestly, Gen 3 was cool, Gen 4 was alright, never bothered with Gen 5.

But nothing will ever live up to that for an ending.