24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
Page 8 of 991 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider it, though it would really depend on how much time I spend on the game.

I would be interested

My race is undecided, either human or sylvari. Profession is thief, name is undecided though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Then you will be first against the wall!
    What if we eat each brownie with a cookie or two on top of it?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Um, my name is smushed up against Orist's.

I'm in.

Sarasun - Asura Mesmer.

Also, Mif "cookie" not-so-bookah as leader!

Guild name: The Cookie Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    Um, my name is smushed up against Orist's.
    Such is life.

Throw me up there as well! My future main char should be in my signature. I'll vouch for Mif ;P Mostly because I can't wait to hear the ever-awaited, "Let them eat cookies!"

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Throw me up there as well! My future main char should be in my signature. I'll vouch for Mif ;P Mostly because I can't wait to hear the ever-awaited, "Let them eat cookies!"
    Our cookies... will blot out the sun!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw my hat in.

It'll either be on: Zerioc - Charr Warrior, or Kenzi - Human Thief. ( Still can't decide what Prof. Yog's recent Thief vod has me worried for the prof. Hopefully it's just that Lewis was bad at it =/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    I'll throw my hat in.

It'll either be on: Zerioc - Charr Warrior, or Kenzi - Human Thief. ( Still can't decide what Prof. Yog's recent Thief vod has me worried for the prof. Hopefully it's just that Lewis was bad at it =/ )
    1) Lewis is bad
    2) If you're worried about stealth, which I think is a valid problem, you can have a build with absolutely no stealth and not be gimped in anyway (other than no stealth, but you'd make up for it with additional utility)
    3) I'm not a fan of their resource system. 1 initiative = 2 seconds.

And, with my head math, if you work it out it seems to be really inferior to cooldown based stuff. Something with 5 initiative isn't a 10 second CD, since all your other abilities will also be using initiative. I'm guessing thief is very bursty though. From that mesmer video posted in the thief thread, they do appear to have the most potential burst, but that's probably very easily countered and they give up a lot to do it.

Keep in mind both a thief and a warrior are perfectly viable for ranged damage, and in something like WvWvW you'll probably want at least one weapon set to be ranged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    1) Lewis is bad
    2) If you're worried about stealth, which I think is a valid problem, you can have a build with absolutely no stealth and not be gimped in anyway (other than no stealth, but you'd make up for it with additional utility)
    3) I'm not a fan of their resource system. 1 initiative = 2 seconds.

And, with my head math, if you work it out it seems to be really inferior to cooldown based stuff. Something with 5 initiative isn't a 10 second CD, since all your other abilities will also be using initiative. I'm guessing thief is very bursty though. From that mesmer video posted in the thief thread, they do appear to have the most potential burst, but that's probably very easily countered and they give up a lot to do it.

Keep in mind both a thief and a warrior are perfectly viable for ranged damage, and in something like WvWvW you'll probably want at least one weapon set to be ranged.
    1) Typically I agree, however, the thing that's worrying me is he didn't seem to have as much trouble on other profs as he did on Thief. But I know he hasn't had a good history with Rogue-style classes so I'm not putting too much weight into this. Getting to play will ultimately decide what I main.
    2) oddly enough, stealth wasn't my worry at all. I think the way mob reset/stealth works in this game seems really neat, and would lead to a fun playstyle ( Do some damage, vanish, jump again while the mob is walking back. As opposed to WoW's style of mobs being evade bugged while resetting. )
    3) This is ultimately my worry. I've always been a "spambuttonsomg" style player. I love fast paced combat that requires a lot of key presses fairly quickly ( why I gravitated to 1s GCD classes in WoW. ) and Initiative seems like a lot of "Burst! then wait " but that may not be true actually handling the character. This'll be the thing that makes or breaks the class for me. Which is fine because I have always loved big stompy 2hander combat as much as I have DWing. I'll just play a Warrior if Thief doesn't feel right. Also, I do agree it seems like they give up A LOT for the burst they have, and it doesn't seem like GW2 has a high emphasis on burst, unlike other PvP matches.

As for ranged, I do intend to go with a Melee/Ranged weapon setup whichever profession I play, however I've always hated ranged in general. I'd much rather be up in someone's face and take the benefits, and negatives, of that play style.

If you enjoy lots of button pushing, Elementalists (which have a dagger/dagger short range option) are very... microheavy. I'm assuming you know how they work. They have the most abilities of any class, I think something like 20 more than any other besides Engineer (which would come in second place I think)

As for a name, I vote for anything with Cookie in it. Cookie Crumbled. Cookie Control. Alliteration. Crazy Cookie. Cachaemic Cookie. Cookie Caduceators. Cookiephilia

10+ Year Old Account
    "From that mesmer video posted in the thief thread, they do appear to have the most potential burst, but that's probably very easily countered and they give up a lot to do it.
    Can i have that link, please? I dont know what thief thread or mesmer video you are talking about , would like to know, if u may.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in the MMOC GW2 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts Van View Post
    Can i have that link, please? I dont know what thief thread or mesmer video you are talking about , would like to know, if u may.

It's the first fight.

The Mesmer could have very easily won, but what the thief did for that burst was put everything into stealth. When you vanish, your one ability (for daggers) becomes an ambush type ability. He did that like 4 times in quick succession.

Only one of those was definitely unavoidable, the initial one is up for debate since the camera angle doesn't reveal enough. The other 2 was the Mesmer being a derp and not moving or turning around to face the thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks you Larynx!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy lots of button pushing, Elementalists (which have a dagger/dagger short range option) are very... microheavy. I'm assuming you know how they work. They have the most abilities of any class, I think something like 20 more than any other besides Engineer (which would come in second place I think)
    Yaknow, outside of Yog's vod about Elementalist, I haven't seen much about. I get the basic idea of it, but not really much else. It's not something I had been looking into simply because it didn't cross my mind as a possible match ( since my brain just went "Mage, pass!" Even though I know that's not right. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Count me in if mechanics etc allow, being another Ass end of the world person might be tricky

does anyone have the video of that Mesmer having the amazing 1v1 with a thief? It's not the one I posted, the 1v1 lasted a good 1 or 2 minutes.