19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Far as I can tell, what we will really want to know in regards to "unofficial <insert something> server" type things, is what communities have chosen which servers. The unofficial Reddit server, for example. Or GW2Guru. Or the Oceanic server. Stuff like that.

I wonder if there will be an unofficial Arena Junkies server. (Actually, according to this thread, the consensus over there is currently that servers don't matter, so they're all just gonna do what they want, for the most part - however, I've noticed that individual PvP guilds are choosing their servers, so if you care about PvP on a serious level, you should look into that!)
    reddit chose IoJ/GoM
    Source

The idea of gw2guilds.org probably can help people situate. If you want a server with lots of guilds, you can go to one server...lots of PvP dedicated guilds, another. Obviously, the fact that it lists what guilds are going where has no real bearing on how the server will be or whether or not they'll be good WvWvW wise. But...it could help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    The Orc also looked funny. The whole cinematic was meh.
    I didn't like the parts where they tried to be funny :I

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    The whole cinematic implies that monks are OP as fudge.

Deleted
    They tried quite hard too

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    The whole cinematic implies that monks are OP as fudge.
    Always dodging. Disarm. Nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Please follow conversations before chiming in, Drake. This has been an issue for months, before the poll. It pretty much began when Allanon declared before BWE1 that this guild was going to be on an RP server.
    The hilarious part of your post is where you assume I haven't been aware of the conversation. I think now as I thought then: it doesn't really matter what server the guild ends up on.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The hilarious part of your post is where you assume I haven't been aware of the conversation. I think now as I thought then: it doesn't really matter what server the guild ends up on.
    Wait, what minority? Near as I can tell from this poll, PvE and PvP supporters are about even. O_o
    wtf is going on now?

Last I checked, this ain't a WvWvW guild!
    Most people would assume. If you have the opinion of "it doesn't matter", than why are you discussing it? Don't take part in something you don't care about, unless you want be mistaken for someone who does care.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-16 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    I'm confused though

in the cinematic it seems that the human and orc aka alliance and horde work together to defeat the pandaren.
    but.. yeah..

:/??

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people would assume.
    The "wtf is going on now?" is because I don't get who the fuck is making a big deal out of all this nonsense, let alone why, when it was pretty clear from the start that the "home server" for this guild, if there even is one, won't really matter, because the entire point to this guild is social interaction.

I'm fully aware of the conversation, but I'm completely confused as to wtf you are saying, because you don't seem to be saying anything at all.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 06:43 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The "wtf is going on now?" is because I don't get who the fuck is making a big deal out of all this nonsense, when it was pretty clear from the start that the "home server" for this guild, if there even is one, won't really matter, because the entire point to this guild is social interaction.

I'm fully aware of the conversation, but I'm completely confused as to wtf you are saying, because you don't seem to be saying anything at all.
    I recommend rereading that long post. If that doesn't work for you, then by virtue of your opinion of "it doesn't matter", there's no need to reply. If it does work for you, and you have something to add or critique, then post it. We'll care together.

10+ Year Old Account
    hai again!
    did i miss anything in the last days?

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    hai again!
    did i miss anything in the last days?
    Nothing at all, innocent Sy.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-16 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused though

in the cinematic it seems that the human and orc aka alliance and horde work together to defeat the pandaren.
    but.. yeah..

Lol, I thought that was funny then the human slowly handed the orc that sharpened stick. I actually laughed to myself, it was pretty humorous, I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

When that happens in the CGI I think this:
    Orc: "Are we getting owned by a furry"
    Human: "Yeah.... hold my stick..."
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I not just make a small, simple, short post, without all the ridiculously pointless aggression that is filtering through every single one of your posts, that the poll we have now is pointless, and that we simply need to vote on which server should be the home server?

The entire point to it not mattering is that it doesn't matter. We can choose whatever server we want, by whatever qualifications we want, and things will not be any different from if we were on another server. I personally am just going to end up choosing based on the aesthetics of the name, and possibly the population of that server (if I can find any server that is less than full before the end of the first week).

Deleted
    I'm confused though

but.. yeah..

You guys look way too deep into the cinematic instead of trying to enjoy it imo .

I thought the expansion was about more pvp between the factions.

Did I not just make a small, simple, short post, without all the ridiculously pointless aggression that is filtering through every single one of your posts, that the poll we have now is pointless, and that we simply need to vote on which server should be the home server?

The entire point to it not mattering is that it doesn't matter. We can choose whatever server we want, by whatever qualifications we want, and things will not be any different from if we were on another server. I personally am just going to end up choosing based on the aesthetics of the name, and possibly the population of that server (if I can find any server that is less than full before the end of the first week).
    Then you agree with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Lol, I thought that was funny then the human slowly handed the orc that sharpened stick. I actually laughed to myself, it was pretty humorous, I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

When that happens in the CGI I think this:
    Orc: "Are we getting owned by a furry"
    Human: "Yeah.... hold my stick..."
    I thought it was worth a chuckle. It didn't look particularly "fake" either - far as I could tell, it just matched the art style that Warcraft has always had, since as far back as WC3.

The thing for me about WoW is that I don't have any particular reason to hate the game. I love the lore of their universe and, while I don't always like the aesthetics of the game, they do often appeal to me. I just have grown to greatly dislike the political side of raiding to the point that raiding stops being fun, and without raiding, there's really no reason for me to play WoW.

I do hate how dumb the company can be, I will admit. Especially in regards to class balance. As a Shaman main for 5 years, I have every reason to dislike the class balance team.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    You guys look way too deep into the cinematic instead of trying to enjoy it imo .
    yeah i guess lol ;s

but the previous cinematics were fairly serious though. thought it would be the same now

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i guess lol ;s

but the previous cinematics were fairly serious though. thought it would be the same now
    Ya gotta remember that they've said they want to focus on the lighter side of the world. They've gotten way too serious, which is not really in the theme of Warcraft.

I recommend rereading that long post. If that doesn't work for you, then by virtue of your opinion of "it doesn't matter", there's no need to reply. If it does work for you, and you have something to add or critique, then post it. We'll care together.
    I did re-read that post. I'm still not seeing your point beyond "ragerage allanon's an RP'er and that shouldn't affect the rest of us rage rage", when in reality it's not going to.

I'd like to also chime in that
    I'm not going to MMOC's home server, since it won't meet my expectations for what I want from the game.
    is pretty full of yourself, when which server we're going on still has yet to be decided. Are you, yourself rolling on Tarnished Coast, where the rest of the guild isn't? Because there's nothing saying we're not going to any other server out there.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-16 at 06:55 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~