Thread: Video Card

Video Card

So having a lousy day. First my monitor dies so back to 15" one for now and then video cards goes. I have a choice between these two for very very cheap.

Nvidia Geforce GT 320 (1GB GDDR), or Gforce 7900GS PCIE

I did google both cards and cant fine a really good site to compare both for WOW, So here i am to ask what you all think. I dont have any other option on cards right now.

Um.. dont waste your money?
    Last edited by Diatus; 2012-02-27 at 09:54 PM.

i have no video card. there only 15 dollars.

If your using a 15" a 8800Gt would be more than suffeciant to be playing wow, but if your planning on going back to 1080p it might struggle. None the less wow is more a cpu based game really :]
    Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien View Post
    i have no video card. there only 15 dollars.
    Does your board have onboard video? Honestly, if you can't afford one, deal with the onboard for the time being, there will be almost no upgrade in performance going to a 320..
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

No on board. Sounds like the 320 might be the worst of the 2 cards. Guess i should have said i dont play on ultra. Good for most settings and no shadows. I keep a steady 30-40 FPS and that is good enough.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien View Post
    No on board. Sounds like the 320 might be the worst of the 2 cards. Guess i should have said i dont play on ultra. Good for most settings and no shadows. I keep a steady 30-40 FPS and that is good enough.
    Yeah, you'll be lucky if either of those cards will do close to good.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    DO NOT BY ANYTHING WORSE THAN A 8800GT!!!
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

The cost is not worth it, and developers these days are extremely fucking lazy (Kingdom of Amalur would be the current example of how not to design a PC game) and would rather not waste development time for people with cheaper setups. They grab the best rig and the best mid-range rig and if your computer can't play the game, too bad. You're almost better off just sticking to consoles these days. Any multi-platform game will be crap on PC IF it gets released on consoles at the same time or before the PC release. It's just guaranteed. You then have to hope all the consoletardation gets patched out.

Any game that doesn't have the option play in windowed with a 4:3 resolution annoys me to no fucking end. I play fullscreen if I want to play wide-screen resolution. It annoys me even more when developers use widescreen and don't even take advantage of it, it's just a glorified FoV.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    DO NOT BY ANYTHING WORSE THAN A 8800GT!!!
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

The cost is not worth it, and developers these days are extremely fucking lazy (Kingdom of Amalur would be the current example of how not to design a PC game) and would rather not waste development time for people with cheaper setups. They grab the best rig and the best mid-range rig and if your computer can't play the game, too bad. You're almost better off just sticking to consoles these days. Any multi-platform game will be crap on PC IF it gets released on consoles at the same time or before the PC release. It's just guaranteed. You then have to hope all the consoletardation gets patched out.

Any game that doesn't have the option play in windowed with a 4:3 resolution annoys me to no fucking end. I play fullscreen if I want to play wide-screen resolution. It annoys me even more when developers use widescreen and don't even take advantage of it, it's just a glorified FoV.
    If you have a really crappy computer then it might just be worth it to stick to console gaming?