Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Why are so many people whining about the soak order? His is as easy as it gets. Who gives a shit about Cauteize, or Demo Locks or Divine Protection, there's a Rogue, Hunter and Spriest in there so its already a joke. All he's doing is alternating the Mage/Pally immunities on the 3rd and 6th to avoid having to top them off.

The only thing I might change OP is a Disc Priest instead of Shaman if you're lacking on DPS still, that depends on what pugs you can reliably get. If you get a pro Pally you can even solo heal it for more ease of DPSing. Oh and also spec switches that up DPS such as Arms War instead of Fury etc., but remember not to stick too tightly to that. So long as you have an easy soaking order and good players you're fine, don't turn down am experienced player just because they might play the wrong class.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-27 at 11:16 PM.

Your saying perfect setup right? visit http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/ = problem solved // case closed.
    Judge yourself what you can miss or what you can't miss and try to pick the best performing players there.

Don't forget that you can also wipe to the following things for example:
    - Fading Light
    - Tank not taunting on time = one shot to random player

so instead of entirely focusing about the raidbuffs also make sure you've got the right people who can focus during the 5.30 you're engaged with Ultraxion.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    Your saying perfect setup right? visit http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/ = problem solved // case closed.
    Judge yourself what you can miss or what you can't miss and try to pick the best performing players there.

Don't forget that you can also wipe to the following things for example:
    - Fading Light
    - Tank not taunting on time = one shot to random player

so instead of entirely focusing about the raidbuffs also make sure you've got the right people who can focus during the 5.30 you're engaged with Ultraxion.
    This. Who cares about specific classes as long as the ones you bring can push 36k dps and click buttons.

If you are pugging this is going to more than hard enough to get
    Last edited by CricketEmerissEU; 2012-02-28 at 02:38 AM.

You guys are funny saying that demo locks and holy pallies can take hour of twilight without external cooldowns.

Your rogue should soak 2 and 5. The cooldowns line up in a way that he has his burst ready just before the second HoT comes, so it's better if he doesn't have any uptime during this moment.

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    You guys are funny saying that demo locks and holy pallies can take hour of twilight without external cooldowns.
    Holy paladin has lots of ways to survive it, actually. Even glyphed DP should be enough if he's topped off.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Divine Shield sais hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heal with a H Pally in 10s... We have our Fire Mage soak 2. It's fine, if your mage doesn't suck and times everything right. Ours rarely loses more than 1/3 to 1/2 of her total HP. I plant a rejuv just before I hit my Heroic Will button, and then Swiftmend her immediately on coming out. Chocolate cake.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    Side question:

How realistic would this to be to pug?

Assuming an average item level of 393+ would it be difficult?
    Easy to impossible, depending on people's skills with the button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyreth View Post
    I recommend pairing your tanks with your lowest reduction members and have them use their 4 piece to offset that. Having 2 tanks stay out for the same one is a waste of both of their cooldowns. Even though they are healing related you want to get those members that are hit hard back up before they get killed.
    you can use those cooldowns just before you zone out aswell, 1min raidwall for pallies for example means I can use it on 1st and 3rd and use my own cooldowns to survive the 2nd etc.

Comp looks good enough tbh. Biggest issue will be derping, or people being unable to pull the numbers they said they could.

You know the warrior can Shield Wall-Rally Cry and if that is extra bit is needed can go defensive stance. In case you need an extra soaker

Funny enough I had trouble with clicking that button, fortunately there is a macro you can make and then assign it to a key.
    /click ExtraActionButton1. Solved all my problems.

Also an option in the Keybindings section to do the same thing.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-02-28 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Why does it matter what spec the warrior and rogue are in terms of buffs? Seriously? They should be whatever spec they pull the highest dps in. That being arms for warrior, and combat for the rogue. There's no need for the warrior to specifically be fury when all it would provide to the raid would be 5% crit, and the same for specifically making the rogue be subtlety.
    Wolf pet says "HELLO!" Oh yeah... And the feral druid...
    Last edited by mmocf34666f852; 2012-02-28 at 12:17 PM.

I've pugged H ultraxion, I was the only one with the achievement before and the only people who knew eachother was like 4 people from a pvp guild (best pvp guild eu, but regardless. Not decked out in great pve gear )

All it takes is having people clicking the button, decent dps and 2 fairly good healers and it np

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot Pally + Fire mage (1st soak)
    Feral Drood + Frost dk (2nd soak)
    Shad priest + hunter (3rd soak)

resto druid & h pally healing ret pally (3 pallys in raid ikr) and lock get it easy mode :P that's our guild's make up for the fight

as long as your got reliable soakers and dps is doing 30k (roughly after debuff increase) I'd say you should be right.

Deleted
    Our guild is about as compentent as your average pug, and we've killed this boss so it's certainly possible

Quote Originally Posted by Lyreth View Post
    I recommend pairing your tanks with your lowest reduction members and have them use their 4 piece to offset that. Having 2 tanks stay out for the same one is a waste of both of their cooldowns. Even though they are healing related you want to get those members that are hit hard back up before they get killed.
    With the comp he wants, It doesn't matter. Every class completely absorbs the damage pretty much.

P.S, Make the hunter go BM and the mage for Fire and the mage can soak 3 and 6 and leave the Holy Paladin on backup if someone derps.

In my group we use:
    S.priest + Prot Pally 1st
    Hunter + S.priest 2nd (Our H.Pally solo heals, so our Disc is shadow for this, meaning we have 2 available with dispersion)
    Feral Tank + Fire Mage 3rd

Rinse and repeat the order from there. Easily switch out the 2nd S.Priest for another class, we've also done it with a DK (just pop AMS and Blood Presense, it goes fine). If you're really worried about the mage's cauterize just Hand of Sacrafice him before taking the Hour of Twilight, if you're 2-healing have a healer put a HoT on him before also. It's simple shit really and as long as healers are aware that they have to spot heal him once after the hour of twilight there is no real danger of him dying.

Other things to have to replace are pally bubble, hell even sketchy shit can be done like using a Warlock or Warrior etc if they have a brain. Easy stuff, get S.Priest/Hunter/Rogue/fMage/Pally - slightly worse but just as effective is a DK > rest. Use only 3 pairs, and best to have a backup (say your mage's cauterize is on CD if healers were stupid enough to let him die, and IB is on CD, get a pally or DK (any person on standby) to fill in). Less complicated = win.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    With the comp he wants, It doesn't matter. Every class completely absorbs the damage pretty much.

P.S, Make the hunter go BM and the mage for Fire and the mage can soak 3 and 6 and leave the Holy Paladin on backup if someone derps.
    Why on earth would you make the hunter go BM? Deterrence Soaks it just fine and you take no damage at all. With it being on a 2 min CD its back ready before you have to soak the next one. You will get more dps out of a MM or Surv hunter too.

We have a rogue and hunter team soak 3/6 because they are the 2 who will take no damage from it and later in the fight its just nicer to the healers.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikedriver View Post
    Why on earth would you make the hunter go BM? Deterrence Soaks it just fine and you take no damage at all. With it being on a 2 min CD its back ready before you have to soak the next one. You will get more dps out of a MM or Surv hunter too.

We have a rogue and hunter team soak 3/6 because they are the 2 who will take no damage from it and later in the fight its just nicer to the healers.
    I believe his comment was in in reference to the 3% damage buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    Make warrior go arms and have rogue sub
    Are you absolutely mad? Subtlety cannot use Backstab to start with. You cannot use Shadowstep since it will kill you, and you cannot use Shadow Dance for Ambush or even to get Find Weakness debuff up on the target since Ambush/Garrote needs to be behind and Cheap Shot is just immune so Subtletly on Ultraxion is just completely out of the question. Unless you have legendary daggers and just wanna troll around for rankings.