Thread: [TV] Survivor

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Penner is becoming one of my favorite Survivors ever though. Dude is playing the game. Last week, when he was trying to swing Lisa and was talking about the story that was being told to the viewers this season, that was so meta, and the perfect thing to use to try to sway her from being the loyal footsoldier for her original tribe. (I'll admit, when he was having that other heart-to-heart with her, I was laughing my ass off. It was so perfectly nice-guy manipulative, in a 'here-baby-bird-eat-from-my-hand' way).

Penner and the other two returnees may have had some fans prior, and the 'gimmick', as always, brought a little more attention to the, what, twenty-fifth? season of the show; but, I think that these guys as characters were really brought back for 'they deserve another shot' reasons as much as 'who'll get people to watch' reasons. Russel crashed and burned magnificently, Skupin has been decent, but I'm glad to have a Penner playing this season. So different from Rob's game, he hasn't ever had it easy, but he's playing the game. Much better than another pretty boy or diva (like Pete and Abi, this season's 'power couple') filling out the ranks. Show actually made me feel bad for Abi last tribal, didn't' think that would be possible.

The last two episodes have been good stuff.

Man i'm loving this season, best for long time. I think everybody has a role in this years survivor and they actually want to win. Laughing at Abi currently

Quote Originally Posted by Sillikoni View Post
    Man i'm loving this season, best for long time. I think everybody has a role in this years survivor and they actually want to win. Laughing at Abi currently
    lol yeah I hate her personality. Hoping that Jonathan would win this year

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    lol yeah I hate her personality. Hoping that Jonathan would win this year
    Well, that's not going to happen. Fun when people on the bottom make decisions that wont help them at all.

If anything, Malcolm is probably going to win. he has the idol, is liked and can probably win immunity at least 2 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Well, that's not going to happen. Fun when people on the bottom make decisions that wont help them at all.

If anything, Malcolm is probably going to win. he has the idol, is liked and can probably win immunity at least 2 more times.
    Fucking Skupin. Mother effing Skupin. He pretty much just gave the game to either Malcolm or Denise (sp?). He could've voted Denise and the game would still be interesting, but that's not going to happen now.

I really want Connor to win. I don't know why I like him so much but I do.

Edit: Reading my past comments in this thread about last season, I remember now how horrible last season was. Glad this one's better.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-11-30 at 07:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Fucking Skupin. Mother effing Skupin. He pretty much just gave the game to either Malcolm or Denise (sp?). He could've voted Denise and the game would still be interesting, but that's not going to happen now.

I really want Connor to win. I don't know why I like him so much but I do.

Edit: Reading my past comments in this thread about last season, I remember now how horrible last season was. Glad this one's better.
    I don't think Malcolm will win. I think if anything Denise would take it. There are still a bunch of possibilities though. That older lady (forget her name) is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I don't think Malcolm will win. I think if anything Denise would take it. There are still a bunch of possibilities though. That older lady (forget her name) is retarded.
    Yea Lisa is a complete fool. I think she's banking on the fact that she's pretty much the most pathetic player still in the game, and they'll take her to the top 3 because of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea Lisa is a complete fool. I think she's banking on the fact that she's pretty much the most pathetic player still in the game, and they'll take her to the top 3 because of that.
    Yeah, that pretty much sets up the endgame for this season. Malcolm should get wise and get rid of Denise though. He'll have more trouble beating her than if he takes Lisa and Michael.

(Don't read if you haven't watched this week's episode)

This episode was boring. Malcolm should have been voted out last week; it's no fun knowing that he's guaranteed in the bottom 4 now. I hated that they voted Carter but it really made more sense than voting out Abi. Sucks though. If I could I'd vote Carter for Most Liked Survivor or whatever it is. Also last week's preview was bullshit, they made it seem like the brother screwed Malcolm over, but nothing happened. I know they do that a lot but never to the extent that they really just make shit up that's not even there at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    This episode was boring.
    Compared to the drama that's surrounded the who-picks-who family challenges in the past, yeah this one was uneventful. The most memorable thing is Lisa's face not knowing what to do with itself. And I suppose that Malcolm almost got himself voted off by giving his least rational alliance-mate a day with a clear-headed person.

But the immunity challenge was dramatic. I want Malcolm to win; he was my (and my sister's) pick on episode 1, and he was a hair's breadth from losing that challenge. I think he would have had the insight to use his idol today, but you never know.

I really don't care about Carter going home. I thought Abi's latest round of abrasiveness had won her the vote, but I was not surprised the alliance did the smart thing. Carter's much less disagreeable than Abi, but he also seems to have about a tenth the personality. He's won a challenge (or two?), but really hasn't that I recall extricated himself from any danger this entire season. I could be wrong I guess, but that's how forgettable his game was to me.

Penner's "Oh, so NOW you decide to start to play to win" reaction was pretty good.

I'm glad you can't injure yourself by rolling your eyes, because Lisa asking for the Creator and Ruler of the Universe to bless her backstabbing plan on a game show would have caused permanent damage. I guess it was worth it, to watch her try to figure out what it meant that God was on Team Malcolm.

Lisa's really stupid, honestly. As a person she's just stupid. Not really a big deal, but when Denise was saying "Abi's just lucky because her tribe never went to tribal council", Lisa was all "it wasn't luck, we were a strong tribe", as if Denise was taking a shot at the tribe, when she wasn't. Not really important, but that struck me.

The entire cast fucked up. Why did they vote out Abi? Why would you not vote out Denise?! Malcolm should've given Denise the immunity idol because it's not doing anything anyway, just to be safe. Skupin and Lisa should've voted Denise in the likelihood that Malcolm didn't give the idol (which he didn't). Abi's the only one who has a brain: Denise or Malcolm are going to win, because Skupin and Lisa didn't fucking step up to the plate when they had the chance. Several times in this season both Skupin and Lisa have been at the cusp of winning this game for one of them but neither of them had big enough balls to make that choice. If either Malcolm or Denise are in the final, Skupin and Lisa will not win, and that's inevitable now.

Stupid show.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-12-13 at 07:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lisa's really stupid, honestly. As a person she's just stupid. Not really a big deal, but when Denise was saying "Abi's just lucky because her tribe never went to tribal council", Lisa was all "it wasn't luck, we were a strong tribe", as if Denise was taking a shot at the tribe, when she wasn't. Not really important, but that struck me.

The entire cast fucked up. Why did they vote out Abi? Why would you not vote out Denise?! Malcolm should've given Denise the immunity idol because it's not doing anything anyway, just to be safe. Skupin and Lisa should've voted Denise in the likelihood that Malcolm didn't give the idol (which he didn't). Abi's the only one who has a brain: Denise or Malcolm are going to win, because Skupin and Lisa didn't fucking step up to the plate when they had the chance. Several times in this season both Skupin and Lisa have been at the cusp of winning this game for one of them but neither of them had big enough balls to make that choice. If either Malcolm or Denise are in the final, Skupin and Lisa will not win, and that's inevitable now.

Stupid show.
    I agree with almost everything you said. I have a strong feeling that Lisa is going to end up winning. Usually when it looks like this there is a strong chance that will happen. Malcolm wont win immunity and he'll get voited off. Nobody cares about Denise and she's a bit of a bitch so she wont win, Michael is just boring so he'll probably get overlooked..

Just lame.

I'm watching the finale right now (not done yet for me, another hour still) and I just have to post, because the way Malcolm is acting at tribal is just so sad. Lisa's being a hardass that we never saw before.

So it's Denise/Lisa/Skupin. I'm still 10000% sure Lisa and Skupin would be better off if Abi were with them instead.

Wowwwww Malcolm's being a complete dick to Denise, but he was going to do the same thing to her had he won immunity. Hilarious. If I were there I'd vote for Skupin. I like him most. And funny how Penner revealed Lisa's tv show background.

Wellp, that's what they get for voting out of emotion (voting Abi) and not logic. Denise shouldn't have been there this week at all. Should've been Abi instead of her in the Final 4 and 3 and Skupin would've won.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-12-17 at 01:07 PM.

Wellp, that's what they get for voting out of emotion (voting Abi) and not logic. Denise shouldn't have been there this week at all. Should've been Abi instead of her in the Final 4 and 3 and Skupin would've won.
    nope, Lisa would have. The one person that did vote for Skupin didn't even spell his name right. That says something about how much people care about him, lol. I definitely agree about Abi though, they should've taken her to the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    nope, Lisa would have. The one person that did vote for Skupin didn't even spell his name right. That says something about how much people care about him, lol. I definitely agree about Abi though, they should've taken her to the final 3.
    Think it's stupid how much people voted for Lisa, and that she won fan favorite. The woman did jack shit the whole season. She rode on Penner and Malcolm's coattails and whoever else, people like that are usually looked down in this show but she found a way to make it look good. It's insane that they reward someone who did nothing.

Think it's stupid how much people voted for Lisa, and that she won fan favorite. The woman did jack shit the whole season. She rode on Penner and Malcolm's coattails and whoever else, people like that are usually looked down in this show but she found a way to make it look good. It's insane that they reward someone who did nothing.
    I'm not surprised she won fan favorite. She played the Jesus card from the get go and that's an angle that the general public clings to. Add that to the child star angle and that accounts for a lot of votes. Now why anyone who was actually in the game (except abi) would vote for her, that's a mystery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another meh ending. Season was better than average so I'll give it some credit there. They're doing another fans season next time around.. that's going to be hard to sit through. Dusting off old players is always kinda boring. I'll guess right now.. we're going to get Rupert...

I wonder if next season every person will be a recruit. Wouldn't surprise me. Then again I'm a bitter Canadian who can't even apply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I wonder if next season every person will be a recruit. Wouldn't surprise me. Then again I'm a bitter Canadian who can't even apply.
    Half are returning players, half are "fans".

Anyone excited for Caramoan? First episode is showing pretty soon (or has it already been shown?) I am so happy they brought Sheppard back. That guy was insane, in an entertaining way.