Slow SSD boot time...

Hi guys!

So I have recently received my RMA for my old OCZ Vertex 2 60gb and it's the OCZ Agility 3 60gb. Therefore I decided to plug it in and format/reinstall all of my stuff so it would work nice and clean. I formatted the drives, performed a clean instalation of Win. 7 x64 and started to download all the new software/drivers/games I needed. I found out that my Agility 3 doesn't boot as fast as it used to be on the Vertex 2. I mean, I've got OS + BF3 + Skyrim on it and there is 17gb left on it, so there's plenty of space, I ran SSD life and it says that the drive is in a perfect condition, predicted to live for 9 years ( lol ) and I've done all of the recommended tweaking for the SSD ( disabled superfetch, prefetch, hibernation, enabled TRIM and stuff like that ). The Agility 3 is hooked up to the SATA III 0 port. I'm running WD Caviar Black 2Tb as my big drive for movies and other games that I don't need to be booting that fast. It takes ~50 sec. to get me from pushing the start button to windows desktop. I mean it's pretty fast, but that's the kind of speed I'd acheived on my WD Caviar Black, I mean come on I told to myself, SATA III, SSD and 50 secs ? Really ? I've done some research and found that if I unplug my WD Caviar Black, the system boots in ~20 secs. which is acceptable SSD time. Anyone has any suggestions how to solve this problem? I kind of would like to have my WD plugged in at all times :P

My rig:
    Mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme 4
    CPU: i5-2500k stock(not yet OC'd after the OS installation)
    Cooling: Scythe Mugen 2
    GPU: Gainward GTX 570 GS
    SSD: OCZ Agility 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB
    CASE: Fractal Design Arc-Midi
    PSU: Corsair 650TX
    RAM: Adata Gaming 8gb

P.S. I have disabled WD being recognized as a boot device in UEFI, OCZ is 1st everywhere in the options. I haven't done anything else in UEFI.

Please post your thoughts/remarks,

Thanks alot !

I got OCZ Vertex 3 120GB and WD Caviar Black 2TB.

My boot time is long as well.

How to fix it?

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftbeatz View Post
    I've done all of the recommended tweaking for the SSD ( disabled superfetch, prefetch, hibernation, enabled TRIM and stuff like that ).
    Where are that options ^^
    Last edited by Xururuca; 2012-02-28 at 11:09 AM.

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 11:07 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Where are that options ^^[/QUOTE]

These are options you should disable, because they were invented to fit the standard HDDs, since SSDs use other technology, to maximize their life, you should disable some options for your SSD ( defragmentation for example, and these that I mentioned above ). Simply, follow these guidelines ( http://lifehacker.com/5802838/how-to...fe-of-your-ssd ) and you will be alright .

P.S. Anyone has any idea what to do on the topic of Slow booting time ?

For testing purposes only connect the booting drive (SSD) and also make sure that your AHCI driver is up to date. Lastly disable your Windows GUI Boot, since that has a timer and will delay your boot times.

Disable Windows 7 GUI Booter - http://pcmichiana.com/disable-the-lo...ter-7-part-26/

Deleted
    Thing to be aware of:

Do not run a SSD on the secondary (Marvell) Sata Controller.

The secondary controllers on most motherboards are notorious for being slow in performance. But furthermore, they're also known for significantly increasing boot times, whether or not there are even any devices connected to it.

The only way to ensure that the secondary controller does not cause slowdowns is to outright disable it in BIOS.

As I wrote in my post Shadowhaxor, I did already test the SSD on it's own and it manages to power up W7 really fast ( give or take 18 secs. ). The AHCI drivers are up to date.