Any good way to compare a unholy dk and smf fury warrior before a raid?

Hello again anyways quick question with my problem, was recruiting for my raid team and I have a unholy dk and a single minded fury warrior that will be competing for a core spot on the team, what would be a good way to compare dps inbetween the two as a training dummy probably wouldn't be the best idea since the warrior has the trinket that does the whirlwind hits that could just buff numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

they both provide very different buffs. Are you sure missing one of them would not remove an important buff from the raid (8% spell damage debuff, for example)?

Edit: Assuming this is 10 man.

We currently also have a demonology lock for the spellpower buff as for what they provide individually the warrior would have his shout that increases everyone's max hp (raid wide last stand) as for the unholy dk can't really think of anything he'd bring that we'd be missing (since I'm a dk tank myself and bring might and horn of winter) my only real big concern is dps as it's our weakest thing in our raid team so really want to know who can pew pew the hardest single target. I guess the extra army of the dead would be nice and a extra battle rez so we'd always have one every pull if we wipe fast but other than that i'm not sure also on a little note would bloodthirst's heal trigger deep corruption? We're working on heroic yor'sahj next and any little bit of self healing would help tremendously.

I would get both of them in a group and queue up for Fall of Deathwing raid finder and run Ultraxion three times, telling both of them to not even worry about clicking the button for Hour of Twilight (just in case bring a healer, though no one really dies on that fight even when they don't press the button). Best of 3 wins? If it is extremely close, I would consider that the unholy DK gets anti-magic shield, which basically negates all AoE damage he takes for 7 out of every 45 seconds, and anti-magic shell, which is pretty OP if used correctly. Rallying Cry is good, but not nearly as good as anti-magic shell.

Don't forget to factor in ilvl, especially for the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothStrife View Post
    We currently also have a demonology lock for the spellpower buff as for what they provide individually the warrior would have his shout that increases everyone's max hp (raid wide last stand) as for the unholy dk can't really think of anything he'd bring that we'd be missing (since I'm a dk tank myself and bring might and horn of winter) my only real big concern is dps as it's our weakest thing in our raid team so really want to know who can pew pew the hardest single target. I guess the extra army of the dead would be nice and a extra battle rez so we'd always have one every pull if we wipe fast but other than that i'm not sure also on a little note would bloodthirst's heal trigger deep corruption? We're working on heroic yor'sahj next and any little bit of self healing would help tremendously.
    Unholy DK brings Anti-Magic Zone. Why does the warrior insist on playing SMF when it is pretty terrible compared to TG or Arms? If he's the type of player that refuses to respec, then you should probably consider whether you want that kind of attitude in your raid team, just a thought.

SMF warrior is among the lowest dps in the game atm when paired with equally skilled and geared players. If both players know what they are doing then the unholy DK will win, every time. If you are the type of guild that lets players raid with casual specs then that's fine, but if you want to push progression you are better off telling that warrior to go arms or titans grip fury when he gets gurthalak from madness..........or just take the unholy dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    SMF warrior is among the lowest dps in the game atm when paired with equally skilled and geared players. If both players know what they are doing then the unholy DK will win, every time. If you are the type of guild that lets players raid with casual specs then that's fine, but if you want to push progression you are better off telling that warrior to go arms or titans grip fury when he gets gurthalak from madness..........or just take the unholy dk.
    I think that if he isn't looking to min/max, he should take the guy who he personally gets along with better.

the single minded fury warrior has the heroic weapon off of morchok and normal soul drinker, so I don't know but just maybe his weapons would be great for smf but i like the ultraxion suggestion i might do that with them later on today.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aynkine/simple that's the unholy dk

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elccsos/simple and there's the warrior

gear wise the warrior wins pretty easily, but is SMF really that bad if you have great weapons for it?

The Unholy DK would bring Anti-Magic Zone, if he respecced for it, which he can and should do for some of your progression attempts. That would be a bonus raid cooldown against magic damage, useful on big raid-wide single-hit magic damage like if the Elementium Bolt is going to hit on Madness, and such.

Neither of them have parses on World of Logs, so it's hard to say that one is better than the other for sure, you're gonna have to test them out and see their actual numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothStrife View Post
    the single minded fury warrior has the heroic weapon off of morchok and normal soul drinker, so I don't know but just maybe his weapons would be great for smf but i like the ultraxion suggestion i might do that with them later on today.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aynkine/simple that's the unholy dk

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elccsos/simple and there's the warrior

gear wise the warrior wins pretty easily, but is SMF really that bad if you have great weapons for it?
    I'm a boomkin. Boomkins are in a pretty terrible state right now, but we STILL sim better than SMF warrior. The only dps spec that SMF warrior beats in sims is smite spamming disc priest.

Hahahaha, the DK easily. Especially since the warrior sounds like one of those annoying kids that insists on playing a bad spec because "they pay to play however they want, screw the 24 others" or my favorite of "it's more comfortable for me" (which translates to "I don't actually understand my class and it took me forever to memorize this rotation I looked up so I'm too lazy to change again").

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

If neither of them sucks hard take whichever mesh the best with your team. Seriously.