Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Madness Of Deathwing Heroic, Last Phase Issue.

Hello,

We're pretty close to a kill right now on madness hc.(10 man)

But most of the attempts at 5% all of us kinda get insta gibbed. We pop almost every cd possible (think we're doing SLT, BARRIER, druidtank4p, am) yet we're all dying like wet noodles.

The slowing of the bloods is going pretty ok.

Our tank often dies though in p2, since we're solotanking(feral druid)(too high stacks on tetanus)

Any tips how to kill this boss beyond 5% hp & our tank not dying every last phase?

Thanks in advance.

Can give WoL if needed.

Need more info if we are going to help.

What strategy are you using?
    - 10% hero kill bloods 5% -> dead zerg?
    - 1 tank 3 healers?

What is your raid comp other than your feral tank (are you ffing one of the adds?, I know dks can solo tank because they can clear stacks I dont know about feral)

What cooldowns are available for phase 2 and what are you currently using?

Is your raid hitting dream at 6-5%? This can glitch alexstraza which hurts a lot..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyreth View Post
    Need more info if we are going to help.

What strategy are you using?
    - 10% hero kill bloods 5% -> dead zerg?
    - 1 tank 3 healers?

What is your raid comp other than your feral tank (are you ffing one of the adds?, I know dks can solo tank because they can clear stacks I dont know about feral)

What cooldowns are available for phase 2 and what are you currently using?

Is your raid hitting dream at 6-5%? This can glitch alexstraza which hurts a lot..
    - At this moment we're using bloodlust on the blue platform (first parasite) so no bl in last phase. So we just dps dw get fragments, dot up terrors, get to 15%, kill bloods, get too 10% kill bloods, then new fragments spawn, new terror, dot again, try to kill bloods, die.
    - 1 tank 3 healers
    Our raidsetup :
    Feral tank
    Resto shaman
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pala
    Shadowpriest
    Moonkin
    Fire Mage
    Retri Pala
    2x Arms Warrior.

Pretty much all cooldowns there I think.(i (moonkin) use my tranq after 10% bloods, and shadowpriest pops around 15%, and for the rest we have MOST cd's up.)

If tank gets too high stacks, BOTH priests grip him to both opposite sides of the last platform. but the stacks are often going up too high in general.

We try to all hit dream around 5-6% yes.

Sounds like you are making the fight harder than what it needs to be.

I fully understand that it is possible to kill it using 1 tank and 3 healers. I personally recommend doing 2 tanks and 2 healers. The healer you are losing is going to end up being filled by a tank position so more damage. There are no parts of this fight that really require 3 heals till the end, but with the 10% nerf tomorrow the burn strat because much much more accessible.

Don't use hero on 4th platform and instead save it for phase 2.

Boss to 18% -> kill adds use dream for shrapnel if tageted -> then bring him down to 15% -> kill bloods that spawn -> down to 12% -> kill adds -> 10% -> aoe blood -> pop hero burn boss to 5% -> apply slow to bloods then ignore them -> burn boss till kill before adds get to there. Before the nerf I would recommend using dps cds at 5%, but 10% nerf 8% -> dead would be easy.

Try hitting dream around 4% and save a healing cooldown and all other cds you have for 5%.

The problem is the stacking damage is so high that having the extra healer will help you offset that a bit, but its a race of healer gcd vs dps killing in time which overtime healer gcd starts to lose.

Tbh if you're that far I'd suggest keep doing what you're doing right now 10% nerf this week, an addional 5% nerf is huge for that part of the fight

A good thing to do for tank stacks is have your holy pala taunt both adds and run to the other side of the platform then bubble. Clears stacks 100%. You could also have the arms warriors taunt with Shieldwall until stacks reset (dodgy but we do it and it works).

I'm not too sure why you guys are falling over though; when we did it we only had barrier, disc hymn, personals and used dream at 5.8% yet we had 1 person die near the end (wasn't in range stack during 5% AOE) and everyone was fairly healthy when it died. Could be a mana issue?

your hpal should heal harder

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello im part of the same guild as Xenophos and gonna try and add a healing perspective, at this point our feral tank druids is reaching 12 stacks when tanking the adds (even after a life grip reset at 6 stacks) which essentially causes us to spam heal him and with him blowing all cds just to stay alive.

Our Cd rotation for last 20% is as follows:

15% Spriest hymn (dream for those who can)
    10% Disc hymn + balance druid tranq
    5% SLT, rallying cry, druid feral 4piece, Aura mastery, Dreams at 5%

One of the comments suggested to ignore adds and do a Bl burn the last 5%, just wondering, is that a viable option? For arguments sake, how does this line up with the 4th platform cataclysm?

We're consistently getting into p2 so we dont want to change our whole tactic around with using 2 tank.

Thanks for help in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Miga View Post
    Hello im part of the same guild as Xenophos and gonna try and add a healing perspective, at this point our feral tank druids is reaching 12 stacks when tanking the adds (even after a life grip reset at 6 stacks) which essentially causes us to spam heal him and with him blowing all cds just to stay alive.

Our Cd rotation for last 20% is as follows:

15% Spriest hymn (dream for those who can)
    10% Disc hymn + balance druid tranq
    5% SLT, rallying cry, druid feral 4piece, Aura mastery, Dreams at 5%

One of the comments suggested to ignore adds and do a Bl burn the last 5%, just wondering, is that a viable option? For arguments sake, how does this line up with the 4th platform cataclysm?

We're consistently getting into p2 so we dont want to change our whole tactic around with using 2 tank.

Thanks for help in advance!
    12 stacks seems really, really high. I assume you're talking about the first terrors because otherwise dps is abnormally slow. Try to push as hard as you can before the 1st fragments because you really want deathwing to push as you're finishing off the fragments, that way your tank won't have to tank for nearly as long before bloods are up and you swap.

Remember that if stacks on the tank ever get too high just BoP him. It resets aggro yes but the stacks wont do damage and after they wear off he can taunt back. You could have the warriors taunt here with shield wall.

Get one of your warriors to tank and have your feral tank go full on agi and offtank when it's needed.
    Get your holy paladin to use "aoe" taunt on the feral tank when it's needed and then the holy paladin can bubble and run - bubble beforehand even as taunt forces targets to attack you for min 3seconds.
    If that doesn't work then you could try having your feral tank jump between platforms (as that can clear stacks) but that's at the risk of him getting out of range from healers and die.

Honestly the best idea is to get your holy paladin to taunt off using hand of righteouss or what it's called, can't believe I'm blanking out on the ability name... Anyways just make sure your holy pala stands far away from your druid and then uses bubble when the adds are close to him, at the same time your feral druid should move away from the adds and have his own taunt + fearie fire ready to get some aggro back.

If your whole raid gets gibbed look at enrage timer and figure out if you can save heroism/timewarp/bloodlust for the last 5-10%, my 25man guild didn't need heroism on blue platform after our first kill. If the parasite on the blue platform have alot of HP left people can use their own cds.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    12 stacks seems really, really high. I assume you're talking about the first terrors because otherwise dps is abnormally slow.
    Yes we're discussing about the first terrors, and yes he takes alot of dmg. The only problem we rly got is that the tank dies, the rest is going fine, adds dying, the dps is high, the healing of the 15 - 10 - 5 bursts are going fine, we just need a way to either:

A) reset stacks so he can tank for longer without dying or

B) have a way to just burn last 5% so we can ignore terrors alltogether.

You can bop him, you can taunt off him, you can kill them quicker. People in this thread are clearly missing the part where you are wiping at 5% so definitely dont listen to them and change anything. Also do not ignore the last set of bloods. I say that from a dps needed to beat enrage/beat healers ooming and letting everyone die perspective but it is not necessary for that. From the perspective of your druid living it may be though. Make sure he is using Mirror (TB trinket), and saving all cd's for the second set of terrors. He will not get a third set and the first should be mowed down very fast since things are chill. With 2 sac's, pain sup, two rallying cries if he really needs it, all the raid cds going on and dream for each set plus his own cd's there really is no reason for him to die. Dont ask him to save his raid cd for the end, let him use it for himself. Sac once per set at the very end and painsup plus major cd the second set.

Deleted
    What we do is basically land on platform, kill first fragments, dps boss to 17-18%, terror spawns, we nuke down the terrors right away, push 15% and aoe down the bloods. Push boss to 12-13%, kill fragments and wait for terrors to spawn, nuke down the terrors to spawn and nuke the shit out of them, push boss to 10%, aoe down bloods.

Once you reach this stage you just nuke the shit out of the boss from 10% to 0%, he should die roughly when the third set of fragments are about to land their shrapnel. Save pots and DPS cooldowns for 6-7% and have one or two persons slow the bloods. With your setup I'd just have one of the warriors (whoever is doing worse DPS) to spec piercing howl and just spam slow the adds alone or have the boomkin spec into some talent which makes his mushrooms slow.

We have a DK Tank who can AMS away the stacks but life grip is equally good so shouldn't be a problem.

This tactic should be really easy with 10% nerf.

Our kill video of Madness using this tactic - Hope it helps and best of luck to you guys.

I am one of the DPSers from Xenophos and Miga's guild. We finally managed to get the encounter down! Giving us a 3rd place on the server and a really nice feel of accomplishment to have it down before the next nerf to Dragon Soul.

The tip about having a pally aoe taunt and then bubble eased the tank healing a lot for us. We also skipped using BL on the 4th platform and instead used it at ~8% to boost our healing and DPS for the last part. Finishing of the 5% blood wave then nuking Deathwing down while ignoring the 2nd set of terrors.

To everyone contributing and helping us work out or tactic I give my warmest thanks!

Grats guys
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Deleted
    Don't use dream at 16 and 11%.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniblast View Post
    I am one of the DPSers from Xenophos and Miga's guild. We finally managed to get the encounter down!
    Grats! Glad I could help

Deleted
    Resurrecting the thread a bit out of curiosity about the "don't use dream on blood spike (16-11-6)". I have been looking around a couple of logs to see if some guilds gets a different damage on Corrupted Blood, or Alexstrasza stops cauterizing (it appears on the log, and you can see a line for each -1 on corrupted blood), but I haven't seen any difference on anyone comparing to our logs. And I personally always Dream on the spikes of damage, so I should be bugging it out. We end with ticks of 50-55k of damage (before CDs), does someone end with really much lower/higher damage than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Resurrecting the thread a bit out of curiosity about the "don't use dream on blood spike (16-11-6)". I have been looking around a couple of logs to see if some guilds gets a different damage on Corrupted Blood, or Alexstrasza stops cauterizing (it appears on the log, and you can see a line for each -1 on corrupted blood), but I haven't seen any difference on anyone comparing to our logs. And I personally always Dream on the spikes of damage, so I should be bugging it out. We end with ticks of 50-55k of damage (before CDs), does someone end with really much lower/higher damage than that?
    Cant wait for someone with free time to answer this question. I have told my raid to not dream till 5% but it is only out of fear. I kinda want to call BS on the whole thing as the most i have ever heard was just someone saying it bugs out, never a shred of proof.

Deleted
    I'm personally leaving it as either an old bug that was fixed or a theory...I have been looking for the thread I first read about the bug (it was in maintankadin), and the logs for that guild that I found had the same raw damage and cauterizes from Alexstrasza... I wouldn't ask to not use Dream at the spikes (except to have it ready on shrapnels). I was using it, and didn't ask anyone to not use it in our raid, and have yet to see this increased damage. Though if there are logs out there that show it, it will be interesting to see them.