Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Tbh if your tanks haven't got 4 part by now they need to get into RF to get it sorted ASAP, infact they needed to do this months ago, but better later than never.

Deleted
    The warlock 4-set is very important for progression. It reduces cooldown on doomguard from 10 to 6 minutes which means it will be available for the next try as opposed to every second try. On some bosses it can be called upon twice. I see the 4-set as a bugfix for a design problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck05 View Post
    Feed your rogues all the gear.
    This ^ As a rogue I am biased though.

Well, I have to ask what your gearing is now. We're what 12 weeks into DS ? Everyone should be pretty close to 384 and really over that. Tanks healers should have their 4pc long ago, in fact everyone should have their 4pc by now, unless someone has been really unluckly.

I agree with others, this late in the Xpac, I'd go for what is fair for all, unless everyone agrees someone else needs the upgrades more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    The warlock 4-set is very important for progression. It reduces cooldown on doomguard from 10 to 6 minutes which means it will be available for the next try as opposed to every second try. On some bosses it can be called upon twice. I see the 4-set as a bugfix for a design problem.
    That's the 2 piece bonus you're talking about.

Deleted
    4-piece bonus is really nice for tanks, maybe that could be a nice gear priority. Really useful in some situations at HC Madness encounter which is at the moment the hardest encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand View Post
    4-piece bonus is really nice for tanks, maybe that could be a nice gear priority. Really useful in some situations at HC Madness encounter which is at the moment the hardest encounter.
    What? You must be joking, HC Madness is a walk in the park. I tank it on my warrior and one of my healers say I could do it even without a shield. <snip>. The other healer, a resto shaman, says otherwise but that's just because he's basque and the txapela he wears puts his brain under too much strain.

Op, gear the rogues up and they'll rush you all through the hc's. Listen to me because I speak the truth. Always.

I don't know why you used what you said, but don't. Also this is very much a trolling reply. Infracted. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-02-29 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayson View Post
    . Listen to me because I speak the truth. Always.
    But you have 1 post D:. How do I know you always speak the truth!? D: /cry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayson View Post
    What? You must be joking, HC Madness is a walk in the park. I tank it on my warrior and one of my healers say I could do it even without a shield. Vendo droga. The other healer, a resto shaman, says otherwise but that's just because he's basque and the txapela he wears puts his brain under too much strain.

Op, gear the rogues up and they'll rush you all through the hc's. Listen to me because I speak the truth. Always.
    What does your personal survivability have to do with tank 4pc? None of the tank 4pc bonuses have anything to do with the tanks themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    even for heroic morchok u need 4 very good healers..
    What do you mean you need four very good healers? Anyone who uses four healers on morchok has a dps, who often doesn't even have a healing set, just spec into healing to help out a bit. You need either two very good healers or four mediocre ones.

Deleted
    if ur barely killing madness or wiping on it ur not even close to gear'd for heroics... even for heroic morchok u need 4 very good healers.. not to discourage you but thats just how it is.

imo give out 4sets to the peopel who mostly deserve them and pull awesome dps, tank bonuses are good too but the fight is still hard regardless of what tank bonus can do what.
    Correction: you need 2 decent healers - alternatively, 4 really shitty healers who can AFK halfway through the fight if they want to.
    :-)

OT - 4set for tanks > rest

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Absolutely 4pc for tanks first. Especially since you are a 10m, and will probably doing Ultraxion as your second heroic boss.
    I agree about the tank 4-set, but I'd say do Ultrax 3rd. Go Morchok -> Yor'sajh -> Ultrax/Zon -> Hagara -> Blackhorn -> Spine -> Madness, for 10m heroic, in my opinion. Of course, everyone will have somewhat different experiences with the fights, so that order isn't set in stone.

Personally, I'd focus on tank 4 sets and healing gear first.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I agree about the tank 4-set, but I'd say do Ultrax 3rd. Go Morchok -> Yor'sajh -> Ultrax/Zon -> Hagara -> Blackhorn -> Spine -> Madness, for 10m heroic, in my opinion. Of course, everyone will have somewhat different experiences with the fights, so that order isn't set in stone.

I would agree with you if we're talking about before the nerfs, but if you take into consideration the 10% nerf, ultrax will definitely be easier for any new guild attempting these encounters for the first time. Of course Yor is a joke, but any new guild might make mistakes on spreading/stacking, handling the mana void, and coordinating the purple debuff, while with ultrax you can just pew pew him down.

Quote Originally Posted by odioushealer View Post
    I would agree with you if we're talking about before the nerfs, but if you take into consideration the 10% nerf, ultrax will definitely be easier for any new guild attempting these encounters for the first time. Of course Yor is a joke, but any new guild might make mistakes on spreading/stacking, handling the mana void, and coordinating the purple debuff, while with ultrax you can just pew pew him down.
    That's actually a decent point, but I think Yor would prove to be quite easy with the 10% damage reduction, so it could really go either way. It all really, really depends on how good they are at mechanincs/how good their healers are at handing purple, you're right. We have 2 fantastic healers on it, so I tend to take it for granted.

Deleted
    That's actually a decent point, but I think Yor would prove to be quite easy with the 10% damage reduction, so it could really go either way. It all really, really depends on how good they are at mechanincs/how good their healers are at handing purple, you're right. We have 2 fantastic healers on it, so I tend to take it for granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by odioushealer View Post
    I think you're both right but either way, speaking as a healer I can say tank 4pc is pretty bad-ass for ALL of those fights = )

We didn't prioritize it when we started so we went 4/8 before any tanks got their 4pc. The next week we did it with a 4pc and all of the heroics became so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    A lot of fights almost require one or both tanks to have their 4piece available as a raid cooldown so that should be a top priority.
    I've been filling in tanking in our heroic runs, and I tanked everything up to Spine in ilvl390 tank gear :P With only having the Warrior 4 piece bonus available to the raid. Definitely doable. Heck, I didn't even feel stressed during Blackhorn, but I also know how to play a dk o_O

Deleted
    I agree that you should definitely get Tanks their 4pc first, however, by this stage, there's very little excuse (except for horrendously bad luck) for anyone to not have 4pc available to them in some way, even if it's mostly LFR gear.

With weapons like Souldrinker, you're probably best off giving them to a Frost DK if you have one, instead of your Tank. Reason being that you're more likely to wipe to bosses because of low DPS, than because the Tanks gear isn't good enough, unless your Tank is really undergeared. With caster weapons, as far as I know, Normal mode Maw, beats the other Heroic weapons, and LFR Maw beats the normal mode weapons, therefore, you should be prioritising Caster weapons to your DPS.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CricketEmerissEU View Post
    This late in the expansion I would rather focus on fairness than any progression priority. You have LFR for 4p bonus anyway
    I also agree with this. If you haven't killed Madness on normal yet, it's unlikely that the rest of your Guild are that fussed about getting the most out of gear drops for your Raid, and would rather just see loot distributed fairly.

This was the case pre-nerf, but the nerfs eliminated any difficult aspect of number check fights.

Since the OP's guild is struggling to down reg 10man Madness, I'm willing to bet the majority of their problems are strategy execution and not individual output. Given that Yor'sajh is mostly an execution check (especially for healers), they'll probably find H Ultraxion easier post-nerf.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

if ur barely killing madness or wiping on it ur not even close to gear'd for heroics... even for heroic morchok u need 4 very good healers.. not to discourage you but thats just how it is.

imo give out 4sets to the peopel who mostly deserve them and pull awesome dps, tank bonuses are good too but the fight is still hard regardless of what tank bonus can do what.
    This is complete rubbish. If you can kill deathwing, you can kill heroic morchok. At this stage of progression if you are finding DW hard then you will deffo find morchok hc hard, certainly doable tho. You need 2 good healers and 2 to make up some numbers. The fight is big burst dmg followed by periods where you can do your nails so mana conservation isn't even an issue.

As to the OP's question. Give the pieces to those who benefit the most if people are adult enough in your group. DK and druid tank 4 piece are amazing. Giving the DW weap to the window licker dps in your raid is throwing pearls to swine etc.

Generally speaking morchok is an execution fight. DPS isn't an issue at all. If you wipe it will be to mechanics. That means messing up the stomps or crystals. The healing has a pattern to it that is easy to master after a while.
    Yor'sahj is big tank dmg and you need good healers. This may be your second boss so give healers the shinies. If you choose ultrax as second then look after your dps.