Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by eodusaf View Post
    Actually, he is partially responsible, his administration is resonsible for approving or denying permits for new drilling, and he has stated he will not issue new permits
    Ok, that accounts for about 1 penny of the change in prices. How about the rest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    The numbers I'm pulling up from pbs.org are telling me we import 13 million barrels of oil a day, and export 1.6 million barrels. These are 2008 numbers, so has that completely flipped the other way in 4 years?
    I can't confirm the "two thirds of US oil extracted gets exported thing", but there's definitely been a big shift from importing to exporting oil in the US.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...r-in-2011.html
    Shipments abroad of petroleum products exceeded imports by 439,000 barrels a day, the department said in the Petroleum Supply Monthly report. In 2010, daily net imports averaged 269,000 barrels.
    Actually, http://205.254.135.7/forecasts/steo/...tableNumber=6# has some kickass data I can use, courtesy of the US department of energy.
    From 2008 to 2012...
    - The US has gone from producing 8.51 million to 10.25 million, up 1.75 million.
    - World production is up about 3.5 million, from 85.5 to 89

- US consumption is down 0.5 million
    - World consumption is up about the same as production
    - China is using 2.5 million more
    - The rest of Asia is using 1.2ish more.(no breakdown but most of that is probably India)
    - the rest of the developing world is using about 2 million more
    - the rest of the developed world is consuming less, Europe in particular has dropped by a little over 1.2 million.

TLDR version for Americans in a hurry.
    China and India are nomming all ur oilz

Oh please in terms of consumption per person US is still leading so don't blame China and India for increasing demand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Oh please in terms of consumption per person US is still leading so don't blame China and India for increasing demand
    The figures are right there dear. The Chinese and Indian demand per person is less, but there's quite a few more of them then there are Americans.
    Its not like I resent their increased usage, they deserve a bit of oil-based luxury seeing as they're acting as the western world's factory and IT support centre.

While the US might use a lot more oil per capita, the areas of the world where demand is growing is primarily in asia. China and India of course being the far biggest ones.

The amount of oil we import has dropped about 25%, from 60% to 45%.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeka View Post
    However, being in an oil and energy producing state, those I know who work in the business use the following words most commonly when describing the Obama administration's energy policy: incoherent; incompetent; horrible; disasterous; nightmare; pie-in-the-sky; utter and complete bullshit; ivory tower asshole nonsense.
    As they continually keep sticking their hands out for their corporate welfare money aka subsidies. Despite making record profits and yet still getting their government hand outs the oil industry is still throwing fits like a bratty toddler! Amazing!

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/02/2...#storylink=cpy

ill leave this here...and if someone wants to search more he can do so by himself althought iam sure people will just pass by it and wont see it :P