Deleted

Ankahet the old kingdom

Hey,

First of all, I was doing glory of the hero achieves with my mate, and we were in ankahet the old kingdom.
    And my mate then said to me you should look of the cliff, And so I did.
    I was amazed of how awesome it was. and so big, So I wonder, Why didn't they make it a raid since they do have the enviroment already.

Not asking for commends: Because blizzard is too lazy.... or something like that.

Greetings,
    Quesium.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard likes to change things, It would of been great I know. It's a shame for it to be a 5 man and even Anub'arak even though he was involved in the ToC thing that wasn't exactly much of a ''Nerubian story'' thing within it. It would of been wonderful to explore the nerubian culture in a way / Raid

It was just decided in their terms ''Not fitting'' I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Blizzard likes to change things, It would of been great I know. It's a shame for it to be a 5 man and even Anub'arak even though he was involved in the ToC thing that wasn't exactly much of a ''Nerubian story'' thing within it. It would of been wonderful to explore the nerubian culture in a way / Raid

It was just decided in their terms ''Not fitting'' I guess.
    Guess your right, Though I even went a little further on exploring, Since i'm a warrior and I can leap over some stuff, and I tried to jump down and I died because of it, Like when you fall from deathwing that effect

From what I understand Azjol Nerub was was originally intended as a Deepholm-style underground zone and Ahn'kahet was going to be a raid featuring Yogg-saron and Anub'arak.

Blizzard put a lot of stuff into wrath as far as raids go. It is not an excuse to skip something that could have been awesome, but lets take a look the wrath format.

Naxx: Oh crap lich king is gathering his might we must stop him from using the all powerful naxx
    Obsidian Sanctum: Carry over of BWL since they needed a miniboss (similar to throne of the four winds)
    Eye of Eternity: With Dalaran comes magic, Malygos wanted to destroy all mortal magic users because he thought it was the cause of all of the trouble in Azeroth.

Ulduar: Huge zone to remind us that there are still old gods in the world and was suppose to be a set up for a cata raid that was scrapped (remember the servant of the old god in twighlight highlands?)

ToC: This was to "train" crusaders for the final push against the lich king. The majority of the fights in here were captured foes you fought as training rather than trying to save anything. Then they through Anub'arak into the mix because they wanted them to play bigger role.

ICC: Big baddie at the end of the road. This pretty much filled brought all of Northrend into 1 single place. You had vulkyr, nerubian, and the armies of the undead to close out wrath.

Ruby Sanctum: ICC lasted way to long and needed something new, but small. A release of the nerubian empire would have discounted lich king as the end boss and that probably would have killed the expansion for many.

Now I know the big question is why was this not added, pretty much it needed to come before ToC because once that was released it was tunnel vision to LK. I would like to believe that they didn't plan on cata taking as long as it did, though I don't have any information on this. It would have been a much shorter duration of ICC being the main raid. If they would have seen that ICC would have lasted so long they probably would have released a Nerubian zone and had the raid follow naxx. This is all speculation, but I truly feel this is why we never saw it come to fruition. We can only hope all of these projects come back to light at a later date. I mean who wouldn't want to travel back to outlands and kill some demons, take on the abyssal maw, battle with nerubians in northrend, or even face the very old god that corrupted deathwing (yeah why is the old god still free to roam after proving to be more powerful than deathwing?...guess we will have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was supposed to be the first all-underground zone, like Deepholm, but they split it into 2 instances instead. It is very good looking. I wish it would have happened.

Deleted
    They planned to do Ahnkahet and Azjul nerub as raids. Time was the limit. I was MIGHTY disappointed when I read that preWotLK. Did want to see more about the Nerub brood.

Ye it was a fun instance...Too bad there was not a raid version of it

Didn't Ghostcrawler himself say in a post that what he regrets the most was having to scrap the Azjol'Nerub zone?

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    They planned to do Ahnkahet and Azjul nerub as raids. Time was the limit. I was MIGHTY disappointed when I read that preWotLK. Did want to see more about the Nerub brood.
    I believe they actually had it planned to be a giant underground questing zone. I don't remember ever hearing plans of it being a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    Hey,

First of all, I was doing glory of the hero achieves with my mate, and we were in ankahet the old kingdom.
    And my mate then said to me you should look of the cliff, And so I did.
    I was amazed of how awesome it was. and so big, So I wonder, Why didn't they make it a raid since they do have the enviroment already.

Not asking for commends: Because blizzard is too lazy.... or something like that.

Greetings,
    Quesium.
    It was an entire zone in early development, but they had to scale it back into 2 dungeons.

Deleted
    As other people have said Blizzard have stated how they wanted Azjol Nerub to be much more extensive but ended up running out of time or something along those lines.

Bit of a shame really as the whole underground nerubian city idea had a lot going for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a topic near and dear to my heart.

We just had Ghostcrawler say that his greatest regret zone-wise was not doing an Azjol-Nerub zone. I feel his pain.

However, with the advent of MoP, I think it's safe to say that no realm can be considered as too small for an expansion. I and many others may have thought Pandaria would be too small a concept to support an entire expansion, but here we are. Some say the Emerald Dream is too limited to support an expansion - well, if they can make one out of Panda Island, they can make one out of the Emerald Dream.

So, fingers crossed for an Underworld expansion - exploring the depths of Azjol-Nerub and other underground realms on Azeroth.

I do forsee a full Old God-themed expansion at some point, hopefully Azjol-Nerub would be introduced then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, as stated before, it was planed to be an underground questin zone, lvl 71-72 or something. It went the way of the Dance Studio, that is, set-back until later, which is sometime between now and the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.